Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces (19406 Views)

Stop Burning Mosques In Igboland - MURIC / Nigeria Policemen Protest: "Stop Killing Us, Stop Burning Police Stations" / Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Kwanza: 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2020
Lagos State Government has reiterated the need for residents to desist from setting up a bonfire on tarred road surfaces across the State while embarking on vigilante operations, especially during the COVID-19 lockdown
A statement signed by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Engineer Aramide Adeyoye, urged Lagosians to refrain from such acts.
Adeyoye pointed out that roads that had been rehabilitated with taxpayers money were being destroyed by the heat generated from the bonfire
The Special Adviser appealed to residents to desist from this unwholesome act so that after the lockdown, roads will remain intact, thus preventing the need for further expenditure on infrastructure in the face of scarce resources
https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1250888417166200838?s=19

3 Likes

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by bhmw(m): 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2020
That's what you get when the jobs of the security operatives are left for the citizens.

179 Likes 14 Shares

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by mcmbonu: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nice one
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Deepfeel(m): 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
Where are these guys?

Amotekun is here to stay, ndi sophisticated make mouth follow due process zero result

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by tophumble(m): 5:14am On Apr 17, 2020
It is bad to destroy roads constructed with tax payers money, but LASG shd ensure the security of lives and properties. Shikena

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 17, 2020
We too we are begging them to bring security operatives. Vigilante work Don tire me. I wan sleep.

Dear men, this vigilante work Don show me say if men are scum, women are scumbags . If you see as men dey give people Wife yordi . Husband go dey bed dey snore madam go come outside collect kporor shake body go back go sleep guy man no go know. All those respectable mommies in the lord sef like kondo . They are the real one million boys.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by globalresource: 5:15am On Apr 17, 2020
Beef up security LASG

N.B
I stand against any form of tribal war on Nairaland and beyond

#saynototribalism

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Digitalstarlite: 5:16am On Apr 17, 2020
OK is DAT all

Wen u don creat good measures on ground...y wud ppl steal ....is it one cup of rice dey give dem in USA, France or Canada to dere citizens.... A state dat contribute a larger percentage to her country and also west Africa can't feed her ppl more dan enough... Other states package still makes sense...dis governor here is high on sometin....so many looting we wud hear in future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by solsticey2k3(m): 5:16am On Apr 17, 2020
Really?! Infact I’m not amazed anymore at the comedic level of this government both Federal and state.
People are doing this so as to at least scare some hoodlums from not coming to raid them in their streets and vicinities, when they have called severally on the security authorities for help but no response, and the only thing you can tell them is to “stop burning tires”.
Even the devil go jejely siddon, fold arms, open mouth dey watch the wicknedness of some human beings say, “Omo, this one pass me o... shocked

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by jbreezy: 5:17am On Apr 17, 2020
You can't provide proper security, you still want to prevent people from protecting themselves...clowns

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by anochuko01(m): 5:17am On Apr 17, 2020
You can start supplying them firewood, since you won't provide security.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Kenneth10110(m): 5:19am On Apr 17, 2020
Deepfeel:
Where are these guys?

Amotekun is here to stay, ndi sophisticated make mouth follow due process zero result

O boy them they talk about road o whetin bring Amotekun well since the Government can't protect and provide for the citizens let them protect themselves by any means its not only telling them to stop burning tires tell them and ensure they are secured.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Microwhy: 5:21am On Apr 17, 2020
Shibaraba:
We too we are begging them to bring security operatives. Vigilante work Don tire me. I wan sleep.

Dear men, this vigilante work Don show me say if men are scum, women are scumbags . If you see as men dey give people Wife yordi . Husband go dey bed dey snore madam go come outside collect kporor shake body go back go sleep guy man no go know. All those respectable mommies in the lord sef like kondo . They are the real one million boys.
For real?

1 Like

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by dadebayo1(m): 5:24am On Apr 17, 2020
Sure.... I still don't understand the reason for the burnfire.. People really need to know about the negative effect of the heat on the road....

2 Likes

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by EgunMogaji2: 5:26am On Apr 17, 2020
I wish a group of retired military will rise up and come up with a manifesto against armed robbers in Nigeria. To go after them, hunt them and dispatch them. Kill em all and let god sort them out.

#SwiftJustice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Nobody: 5:26am On Apr 17, 2020
dadebayo1:
Sure.... I still don't understand the reason for the burnfire.. People really need to know about the negative effect of the heat on the road....

I am not supporting the act of burning tires o...But most reason is because of no power supply as at that time....

Na days wey light no dey for we side we dey burn tire to set up a mini camp so we can see who dey come and who dey go. Even though me no support am because of the health implications don't even know it has infrastructural implication as well

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by christ007(m): 5:31am On Apr 17, 2020

8 Likes

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by NNFORUM(m): 5:32am On Apr 17, 2020
Registration is absolutely free and earning is confirmed.

If you can surf NL relentlessly and for fun why not join NET9JA forum now for free then earn residual income from us.

Check my signature for registration link...You'd be glad you did.
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Chibuzoc(m): 5:32am On Apr 17, 2020
So sad our uniform men are now Okada and taxi drivers. Security is now a personal issue "all man for himself, God for All"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by wilemer: 5:37am On Apr 17, 2020
Kwaza:

Lagos State Government has reiterated the need for residents to desist from setting up a bonfire on tarred road surfaces across the State while embarking on vigilante operations, especially during the COVID-19 lockdown
A statement signed by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Engineer Aramide Adeyoye, urged Lagosians to refrain from such acts.

address the insecurity problems they face

3 Likes

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by jacksol(m): 5:38am On Apr 17, 2020
The Environment Ministry should also weigh in on this.
The heavy smoke and soot from tyre burning pose serious health hazards to nearby homes. A friend complained that every morning, they spend hours cleaning up the soot that settled on everything.
Worse still, they also cough up and blow out thick carbon deposits on their throats and noses.
It's not the tyre burning that protects the neighborhood. We just can't seem to do away with crude ways of doing things.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:38am On Apr 17, 2020
.......We hope they listen.........

Egoveen:
were you the one that banned me before Please kindly drop your address,i just wanna pay you a visit ;\
No, we don't ban, we don't have the Authority to ban.
We are members just like you Egoveen.

That being said, as for the address,
Come to Wokekoro St, Old GRA Port Harcourt.
Just ask for Dem MANNA when you get here.
You will meet all of us @[/color] in flesh and blood.
We will surely sign some autographs for y'all!
We will be so happy to host you.
Please come with your friends and family members.
NEVER come alone biko!
It's gonna be an interesting Barbecue parry lipsrsealed

If not now, due to LOCKDOWN,
You can come after Corona.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@[color=#990000]topic, Lagosians, biko, STOP burning tires o,
for roads wey we still dey manage.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Nobody: 5:47am On Apr 17, 2020
Better treat the "disease" rather than the "symptoms"... Talk to your guys incharge of securing lives and properties to do their job and burning of tyres would stop!

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Jgoldie: 5:55am On Apr 17, 2020
It is so annoying
The tiles in the house is so dirty and black this days because of the tiny particles flying about from burning this tyres.

I have to keep cleaning every surface in the house because of the black residue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by queenbetsy(f): 5:57am On Apr 17, 2020
Serious thing I tell you...
It's so annoying

1 Like

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by classicfrank4u(m): 6:01am On Apr 17, 2020
U
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by mayklef(m): 6:02am On Apr 17, 2020
ndi amotekun how market na.....agbero moni don swt dem already, ndi brownroof ndi ara
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by classicfrank4u(m): 6:03am On Apr 17, 2020
Jgoldie:
It is so annoying
The tiles in the house is so dirty and black this days because of the tiny particles flying about from burning this tyres.

I have to keep cleaning every surface in the house because of the black residue

Be like na front of ur house Dem de burn Tyres?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Perfecttouchade: 6:03am On Apr 17, 2020
Una dey madt, then provide adequate security. Stupid governments

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by FanRong: 6:05am On Apr 17, 2020
Then Provide Street light and Adequate security

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Critics Will Eat Their Words, Oyegun Replies Akande. / Saraki Lands At Ilorin International Airport, Warmly Welcomed - Photos / Buhari Meets Kwankwaso, Other Senators In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.