Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Evicting A Bad Tenant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Evicting A Bad Tenant (1078 Views)

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired / Understanding Your Rights And Obligations As A Tenant / Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evicting A Bad Tenant by Atlantian: 8:38am On Apr 02, 2016
Here is the thing. I have a tenant that her rent hasnt expired yet, and I want to evict her. And I need ideas on how to go about it.

The reasons are:
She doesnt clean the premises, I pre-installed AC in the apartment, which has damaged and has refused to repair, door locks damaged and she refused to repair and the glass door shattered. She doesnt contribute to buy petrol or diesel, and doesnt pay electricity bills and uses them for free. Uses general kitchen without cleaning things up and leaves smelling food in the freezer in the general kitchen without cleaning. I feel she is disrespectful to the property provisions and doesnt appreciate acts of charity.

Please note that i have called her attention to these complaints many times and it seems she is naturally lazy and careless.

How do I go about it without breaching the Lagos state laws that has no protection over landlords ?
Re: Evicting A Bad Tenant by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2016
It depends first of all on the tenancy agreement you signed with her. How many months eviction notice was written. And did you state a tenant is liable to repair or replace whatever is spoilt. Just tell her you can no longer tolerate her since she has breached that part of the agreement and you are willing to refund but you must give her at least a month because she needs time to find another place.

I am a landlady too and I understand what you might be going through
Re: Evicting A Bad Tenant by Opeoluwaadewole: 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
House please l need advise,l have a very bad tennant this particular girl she is too troublesome and violence
To the extent that she is telling me she will
leave in the house without paying and now her
house money has expired since febuary ending.I confront her she told me that she still has right to
Stay for good Six month eventhough her money has expired and I told her that the six month she talking about she will pay for it.now l realise I ve
made mistake i should have serve her a quit notice six month bfor her time expired .and while I did not bother to issue quit notice was that she told me she have see a house that she is leaving and now she is telling me to give her six month again.am just so confused with leaving in the house with her.since she moved in last year it has been war ,and she so violence, for sometime she has never pay her utilities since she moved in and any time I ask her she will just pick a bottle to hit me .I just need on how to get this girl out with immediatete effect,not because I want to put another tennant in d house but just to avoid problem with her.
Re: Evicting A Bad Tenant by Atlantian: 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Opeoluwaadewole:
House please l need advise,l have a very bad tennant this particular girl she is too troublesome and violence
To the extent that she is telling me she will
leave in the house without paying and now her
house money has expired since febuary ending.I confront her she told me that she still has right to
Stay for good Six month eventhough her money has expired and I told her that the six month she talking about she will pay for it.now l realise I ve
made mistake i should have serve her a quit notice six month bfor her time expired .and while I did not bother to issue quit notice was that she told me she have see a house that she is leaving and now she is telling me to give her six month again.am just so confused with leaving in the house with her.since she moved in last year it has been war ,and she so violence, for sometime she has never pay her utilities since she moved in and any time I ask her she will just pick a bottle to hit me .I just need on how to get this girl out with immediatete effect,not because I want to put another tennant in d house but just to avoid problem with her.

Yours is worst than mine then, she knows the law, I have actually studied the Tenancy law of Lagos state and the landlord are not protected against these kinds of tenants.
Re: Evicting A Bad Tenant by Atlantian: 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
familyrocks:
It depends first of all on the tenancy agreement you signed with her. How many months eviction notice was written. And did you state a tenant is liable to repair or replace whatever is spoilt. Just tell her you can no longer tolerate her since she has breached that part of the agreement and you are willing to refund but you must give her at least a month because she needs time to find another place.

I am a landlady too and I understand what you might be going through
I am willing to give her more than a month, but I am planning to restrict her access to certain facilities. My aim is to serve her Termination of Tenancy notice, then I move the bed and mattress from the apartment and create natural discomforts that i provide to tenants, with the hope that she will move.
Re: Evicting A Bad Tenant by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
So it's fully furnished..its stressful but more lucrative. Your idea is a good one. Just serve her the notice

Atlantian:
I am willing to give her more than a month, but I am planning to restrict her access to certain facilities. My aim is to serve her Termination of Tenancy notice, then I move the bed and mattress from the apartment and create natural discomforts that i provide to tenants, with the hope that she will move.

(1) (Reply)

Room Self Contain To Let At Obawole, Fagba. / SOLD!!! Very Cheap Tokunbo 2010 Toyota Venza AWD / Lands For Sale In Oke-odo, Ilorin, Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.