Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) (50507 Views)

Fire Outbreak Kills Policeman, His Wife & Daughter At Police Barrack In Yola / Evicting Tenants Through Self-help / Evicting A Bad Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by ijustdey: 10:12am On May 07, 2016
A lady and her family who were wrongfully evicted by the police is crying out for justice.

A young lady, Medina Faith Billy, is not a happy woman at the moment after men of the police force meted out what she sees as a great injustice to her and other tenants in the house they lived in.

According to Billy, the police, numbering about 30, with some thugs also known as 'Area Boys', stormed their house without prior notice nor orders from a court of law, to start throwing their property outside, purporting the order came from an High Court.

But the problem with the forceful eviction, according to Billy, was that the police came to the wrong house as the house they should have gone to was not their own.

After throwing them out, it was discovered that the police had gone to the wrong house but instead of apologizing and allowing them to take back their things, the police officers refused to open the gate and insisted that they must pay some certain amount of money before they are allowed to move their things back.

This is what Billy wrote on her Facebook wall where she is seeking justice:
"There is no law in this country anymore. Some men came from the Lagos High Court to our house to evacuate all our things without a day's quit notice, not even a month's notice.

I was telling them to call the landlord ยป but they insisted that the order was from the High Court of Lagos. The policemen that came were up to 30 and the agbero that came with them were up to 40.

I was explaining to them they came to the wrong house because we have two 21s in our street but they didn't listen. They were throwing all my property like ball, damaging my AC and other things.

I said to myself where is the law in this country because police that were meant to support and protect the citizens of this country, were the same police pointing guns at their citizens just because they have guns.

After throwing all our property outside, they locked gate. They later realised that they had come to the wrong house. They locked the gate and asked us to pay them money to take the property back to our apartment."

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/injustice-lady-blasts-police-for-evicting-her-unjustly-id5002995.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by donbenedict(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2016
When we have mad Men as police men

147 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by festico: 10:23am On May 07, 2016
naija which way!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by whirlwind7(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2016
The reason for such impunity is that we have such a weak ass, almost nonexistent judiciary.

If these policemen know they could be sued for damages, and the sentence will get enforced in a matter of days, they wouldn't be such assholes.
Imagine asking the woman to pay them for meting such undignified treatment to her. Pay for what, exactly?

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by queenoflafia(f): 10:31am On May 07, 2016
I knew it was going to be lag even before reading tru.
I witnessed such a thing in Lagos once
Wickedness o embarassed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by Nobody: 10:35am On May 07, 2016
First question, why is it that there were two houses with the same number on the same street? undecided

However, even if the court has given judgment in a case, it should be brought to the notice of the adverse party. Not that you just wake up one day, gather a bunch of crooked policemen and touts and go and start throwing people's property out.

The complainants should just get a lawyer, write a letter to the commissioner of police and copy everybody you can copy, then institute a fundamental human right suit against the police asking for 1billion naira damages. You will see that the policemen will personally come on their knees begging.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by Nobody: 11:38am On May 07, 2016
Just admit it, so fck easy. Na zoo be this

long live

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by maxti: 11:50am On May 07, 2016
Get a good lawyer........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by cindybella101(f): 11:53am On May 07, 2016
Our policemen has gone mad again undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by Qmerit(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2016
Any black is bad....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 07, 2016
Poorlice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by Flashh: 12:56pm On May 07, 2016
The police needs to be sacked and jailed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by demsid(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2016
Oh this is bad. They are always good at humiliating innocent civilians. She suppose to sue their ass.
In other words, today is my favorite day of d year, my birthday May 7,kindly show a young brother love. Can I get a thousand likes n shares? It won't cost u nada just click

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by haywire07(m): 12:57pm On May 07, 2016
D girl is just catching fun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by VocalWalls: 12:57pm On May 07, 2016
it's nigeria. 100% unprofessionalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by stevebond007(m): 12:58pm On May 07, 2016
You should make a legal proceeding you have your RIGHTS.

But na still opportunity to re arrange ur room.
Discard tins u dnt need.

And please shey den epp u carry some inside ?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by DICKtator: 12:59pm On May 07, 2016
Doesn't she have a night gown?

What is the meaning of this?
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by Orikinla(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2016
Buharii must see this o.
Some people have refused to CHANGE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by yungpowers(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2016
what a lawless nation!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by 1miccza: 12:59pm On May 07, 2016
I have always said it here that we don't have policemen in Nigeria what we have are glorified touts and criminals..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 07, 2016
GOD OF MERCY, WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS NATION?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by donholy28(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2016
she 4 sue them and chop small money...nonsense police men...na 70 agberos come her house no policeman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by joey150(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2016
lol...police go just come my house dey throway things and i go stand dey look??

oh well....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by kingthreat(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2016
Where on earth was your landlord when this was all happening?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by elpj: 1:01pm On May 07, 2016
Pls don't blame the officer send to do the job. Most of them can not read. He just used d discription made to him. Most police officers don't have even a primary school certificate. Am sorry to say this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by banmee(m): 1:01pm On May 07, 2016
And one mo.ron was telling me things were getting better that i should come back. Ok. Maybe in the year 2090.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by sanity12(m): 1:02pm On May 07, 2016
Police and gra gra are like bread and butter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by Tinynita(f): 1:02pm On May 07, 2016
na wa oh...these men on black r something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by blexy3(f): 1:02pm On May 07, 2016
Until Nigeria government and it's parastatals will learn how to give jobs to those that best qualify for them such case will not cease to re-occur

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by ifyalways(f): 1:03pm On May 07, 2016
It's a poor man, you won't see all the noisy human rights lawyer to take the case.

Let's see what the Internet can do for her sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) by haibe(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2016
Unfortunately we have cowards in Nigeria. This would have been a way to make some cool cash

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? / The World's Best Architecture And Interior Designs Of 2021 ( Pics) / Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.