Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers (6435 Views)

Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow / Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by UnclePati: 9:22am On Apr 02, 2016
It dosent matter if u r from Delta or Rivers If u r from agbor, igbanke, kwale, Anioma, ikewere....you are Igbo.It dosent matter wether u speak igbo or u understand igbo language....as long as u bare igbo name's you are igbo.

Imagine being caught up in a crisis in the north where igbos r slaughtered.....a look at your name already reveals your identity and ethnic group.....IGBO

the crisis will not spare u.......u will be hunted and killed too like every other igbo man is killed.

No one of the lunatic notherners will listen to you wen you say...I AM DELTA IGBO or I AM IKWERE IGBO.

Igbo is igbo
Ibo is ibo

We r the same....we cannot be separated. We must stand as one big family we must stop denying our folks simply becos they lost the civil war....
.and the hausa / yoruba people tells us we deltans / ikewere rivers are not igbos.

I tell them ..I AM DELTAN......I AM IGBO.
......I stand with my folks

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Idrismusty97(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2016
So?

6 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Kommen(m): 9:32am On Apr 02, 2016
grin grin
Everybody just dey take fake weeds dis days grin

17 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Abagworo(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2016
You never organise your Southeast finish na South south you dey shook eye.

9 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by brize(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2016
God bless you. And bless your life

7 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 02, 2016
We don come. What can we do you for?

1 Like

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by erusen: 10:07am On Apr 02, 2016
Idrismusty97:
So?
so?,that's all you to say,mustafi or Mohammed,seems you are a northener

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2016
And who told you igbanke people of Edo state are igbos? So cos someone bears an igbo or igbo-like name automatically means they're igbo? Sometimes I wonder the way the brain of an average igbo man or woman is wired.

Don't you think it could be as a result of the trade or contact they had with the igbos that make some of them bear igbo names? Ikwerres, Ukwuanis, Aniomas, Ogbas, Igbankes, Ekpeyes, Ahoadas and majority of some these people refer to as igbos are not igbos but trace their origin and ancestry from the Binis or they're a distinct ethnic group of their own.

The fact Spanish and Portuguese names have a lot of similarities does not make them the same. The fact Australian, British, English Canadians, New Zealanders or Americans have some similarities doesn't make them the same.

P.S learn to respect the distinction in other people's language and tribe. This is why 90% don't like your tribe. What's the essence of trying to annex these distinct ethnic groups? So you can lord over them?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by ahaz: 10:34am On Apr 02, 2016
tombraokoto:
And who told you igbanke people of Edo state are igbos? So cos someone bears an igbo or igbo-like name automatically means they're igbo? Sometimes I wonder the way the brain of an average igbo man or woman is wired.

Don't you think it could be as a result of the trade or contact they had with the igbos that make some of them bear igbo names? Ikwerres, Ukwuanis, Aniomas, Ogbas, Igbankes, Ekpeyes, Ahoadas and majority of some these people refer to as igbos are not igbos but trace their origin and ancestry from the Binis or they're a distinct ethnic group of their own.

The fact Spanish and Portuguese names have a lot of similarities does not make them the same. The fact Australian, British, English Canadians, New Zealanders or Americans have some similarities doesn't make them the same.

P.S learn to respect the distinction in other people's language and tribe. This is why 90% don't like your tribe. What's the essence of trying to annex these distinct ethnic groups? So you can lord over them?
but the kabba man is Yoruba,the ibira man has a Yoruba root abi, the kwarans are Yoruba..but the ikweres are not Igbo, the igbankas and the aniomas are never Igbo's....no wander I brain of an average Yoruba man is wired with a faulty cabel no wonder you reason like akuya.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Ugomba(m): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2016
tombraokoto:

shut up ur thrash! why is Igbanke also called Igboakiri( where their ancestors who called it Igboakiri dumb?)
and whats the similarity between Anioma communities and Benin?
So your benin people founded a town, got so inferior to the point that they lost the name, language, festival, food etc identities to the Igbos?
Is ukwuani a benin name to you? Are their ancestors dumb to name their area as Ukwuani, Ekpeye aka Akpaohia, Ahuada (ahoada) etc.
Why do some people think with their anus sometimes?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by elrony(m): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2016
tombraokoto:

Cheap weed effect!!!... cheesy
Read what you wrote and check if you made any iota of sense!

12 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by elrony(m): 10:40am On Apr 02, 2016
ahaz:
but the kabba man is Yoruba,the ibira man has a Yoruba root abi, the kwarans are Yoruba..but the ikweres are not Igbo, the igbankas and the aniomas are never Igbo's....no wander I brain of an average Yoruba man is wired with a faulty cabel no wonder you reason like akuya.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by elrony(m): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2016
Abagworo:

Lol talk about Geo-politics...

The OP stated facts there my friend!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by AmuDimpka: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2016
tombraokoto:

Oga igbanke people are Igbo and the original name is Igbo akiri ...akiri are sub set of Igbo just like you have obigbo in river obi Igbo and Igbo eze in Enugu ..that's settled ...their names and culture also is Igbo..that's not also debatable.. Their language is also Igbo

Bow come to Spanish and Portuguese.. They are basically of the same language group known as Latin or do you still want to debate that ..they are collectively called Iberians ....just like Iceland ,Sweden and Norway are called Norse or Scandinavian ..the same way igbanke ,ikwerre,ezza,agbo,nnewi et AL are called Igbo(id)

Let's even assume that they trace their origin to Benin how come the lost Benin language which is just Stine throw away..yet Australians, New Zealand trace their origin to Britain which is continent apart and thousands kilometer apart still spike English

I think your ignorance is superb...thank me for this crash course on basic common sense

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by AmuDimpka: 11:04am On Apr 02, 2016
Abagworo:

Why are you this terrible ? How do you want south east to be organised are they in fiasco

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 02, 2016
Ugomba:
shut up ur thrash! why is Igbanke also called Igboakiri( where their ancestors who called it Igboakiri dumb?)
and whats the similarity between Anioma communities and Benin?
So your benin people founded a town, got so inferior to the point that they lost the name, language, festival, food etc identities to the Igbos?
Is ukwuani a benin name to you? Are their ancestors dumb to name their area as Ukwuani, Ekpeye aka Akpaohia, Ahuada (ahoada) etc.
Why do some people think with their anus sometimes?

shut your confused gutter there. Who told you I'm bini? Mumu. Igbanke and co are not igbo. Go and die.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by RareDiamond: 11:16am On Apr 02, 2016
TONYE BARCANISTA I KNEW YOU ARE AN UNREPENTANT ANTI IGBO ID1OT WHO WILL NOT PROSPER IN POLITICS

tombraokoto:

3 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by RareDiamond: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2016
Deltans North are Igbos

4 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by AmuDimpka: 11:19am On Apr 02, 2016
RareDiamond:
Deltans are Igbos

Deltan are north igbo but Delta north is Igbo

Get it right

4 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Ugomba(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2016
tombraokoto:
shut your confused gutter there. Who told you I'm bini? Mumu. Igbanke and co are not igbo. Go and die.
you type like a familiar bigot on nairaland.
Ofcourse you are not bini, but an ijaw bigot who is using this alternate moniker to show his bigotry.
You think that I don't know you, keep deceiving urself!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by amadice(m): 11:35am On Apr 02, 2016
Abagworo:
...do you look organized urself?..is ur pathetic life organized too?..he goat

4 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Abagworo(m): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Oga igbanke people are Igbo and the original name is Igbo akiri ...akiri are sub set of Igbo just like you have obigbo in river obi Igbo and Igbo eze in Enugu ..that's settled ...their names and culture also is Igbo..that's not also debatable.. Their language is also Igbo

Bow come to Spanish and Portuguese.. They are basically of the same language group known as Latin or do you still want to debate that ..they are collectively called Iberians ....just like Iceland ,Sweden and Norway are called Norse or Scandinavian ..the same way igbanke ,ikwerre,ezza,agbo,nnewi et AL are called Igbo(id)

Let's even assume that they trace their origin to Benin how come the lost Benin language which is just Stine throw away..yet Australians, New Zealand trace their origin to Britain which is continent apart and thousands kilometer apart still spike English

I think your ignorance is superb...thank me for this crash course on basic common sense

We all trace our origin and language to one source with thousands of years of dispersion, emigration and reverse migrations. Ancient Bini empire doesn't refer to strictly Edo speakers but all the people that came under the rule and influence of then powerful Bini empire. Most of those that moved out were Igbos in Bini contolled territory and that is why the names of their forebears were mostly Igbo. Some Edo people migrated Eastwards as well but majority of those that left Benin territory were either Ijaw or Igbo who weren't used to tyranny as normalcy.

However one thing we all must understand is that there was nothing like defined ethnicity then. Ethnic awareness came with the Europeans.

2 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by scoleman: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2016
The igbos are really hated, they don't want to see us progress, but the more they fight, the more we progress.

As for you tonye barcanista, continue your hatred. We know you are an unrepentant bigot who speaks from two sides of his mouth.
Igbanke are igbos, while travelling I met a man in the bus and while we were discussing Nigeria's issues, I asked him where he's from because he spoke plain Igbo, very clear and understandable, He told me he is from Edo, and I asked igbanke? He said yes. We discussed about the identity issue and he said he sees himself as an igboman, he does not have any other language apart from igbo, the boundaries used to cut Igboland to size doesn't make him different from other igbos.

Now my question to you tonye / tombraokoto, if an igbanke man claim to be an Igbo man by blood, language and culture, who are you to refute his claim out of hatred and jealousy?

12 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by skyman200(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
If they are not igbo, who are they?

3 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Abagworo(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
amadice:
...do you look organized urself?..is ur pathetic life organized too?..he goat

Why run away from obvious truth? Igbos in Southeast have not achieved unity but yet clamoring for non-Igbo but Igbo speaking people in South south. Go to facebook, Nairaland here and in real life and see how Igbos especially are doing all they can to run their fellow Igbos down. IMHO Southeast must achieve unity before looking attractive to other Igbo speaking peoples.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
Correction is called Delta ibo not Delta Igbo
igbo of south east is complete different frm d other tribes In d South south region in terms of language, culture geopolitical zone..the real igbo knw themselves.

ikwere are not igbo
igbanke are not igbo
Anoma are not igbo
Itsekiris are not igbo
Agbor are not igbo
urobo are not igbo
ijaws are not igbo
Edos are not igbo
esan are not igbo
others are not igbo

Beware of these land grabberd and ethnical/tribe kidnappers frm the red mud region

7 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by StunningCEO: 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ugomba:
you type like a familiar bigot on nairaland.
Ofcourse you are not bini, but an ijaw bigot who is using this alternate moniker to show his bigotry.
You think that I don't know you, keep deceiving urself!

You this self consumed bigot....just let the boy/man be.... grin...your hate will kill you.... angry...it is a known fact that those people are not ibos and they have said so many times.... sad...enough is enough...stop land grabbing....
Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by ahaz: 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
chowlade:
igbo of south east is complete different frm d other tribes In d South south region in terms of language, culture geopolitical zone..the real igbo knw themselves.

ikwere are not igbo
igbanke are not igbo
Anoma are not igbo
Itsekiris are not igbo
Agbor are not igbo
urobo are not igbo
ijaws are not igbo
Edos are not igbo
esan are not igbo
others are not igbo

Beware of these land grabberd and ethnical/tribe kidnappers frm the red mud region
likewise kabba is never Yoruba, ebira has notting to do with Yoruba,badagri is not Yoruba, kwara is never and will never be Yoruba....so beware of this hypocrites from the brown roof and open defication republic

9 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by AmuDimpka: 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
ahaz:
likewise kabba is never Yoruba, ebira has notting to do with Yoruba,badagri is not Yoruba, kwara is never and will never be Yoruba....so beware of this hypocrites from the brown roof and open defication republic

Ijebu aunt Yoruba
Egun ain't Yoruba
Edo has nothing in common with Yoruba
Okun ain't Yoruba
Egun ain't Yoruba
Kabba isn't never Yoruba
Offa ain't Yoruba
Akoko ain't Yoruba
Ilaje ain't Yoruba
Itshekiri is a tribe on its own
Tappa people ain't Yoruba

In short there is nothing like Yoruba it is just a coinage of word meaning yaribanza by Hausa peeps..what they are are anonga

Nonsense.. They want to tell us who is Igbo now I tell them who is Yoruba

Oduduwa was a Benin exiled runaway PRINCE that came and gave the anonga people of ife sense of oneness ..they should be eternally grateful to the Benin

11 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by EasternActivist: 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lol... All this Igbo haters like tonyebarcanista they swear for una??

Igbo cut across many states in Nigeria but are predominantly in major 5 states in Nigeria which are the 5 mid eastern States...

This implies you can find native Igbos in some other states in Nigeria like Rivers, delta, akwaibiom, Edo and etc.

You can't change their identity as they have only one identity which is Igbo, thank God the Igbos are well travelled, wise and educated and are ranked with identities of Japan, China and Jews. With this am not scared of identity complexities and confusion among the unity of the greater Igbo nations splitted across different States in Nigeria.

You Igbo haters can only try to bring confusion and the Igbos and lovers of Igbos will spare nothing to subdue the confusion.

Igbo's/eboes/ibos/ any how you call it are one people with one identity and brotherhood.

4 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by AmuDimpka: 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
chowlade:

ikwere are not igbo
igbanke are not igbo
Anoma are not igbo
Itsekiris are not igbo
Agbor are not igbo
urobo are not igbo
ijaws are not igbo
Edos are not igbo
esan are not igbo
others are not igbo

Anonga girl read my definition who the anonga are ..the term Yoruba is bastardised word of yaribanza by your Fulani masters

2 Likes

Re: For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
ahaz:
are u trying to immitate d yorubas? u r on a long thing. yorubas are d ones that gave you "igbo"(Bush people) to qualify u people. ..and it's used d igbos in the south east.

correction, Ebira people are not yorubas but the kogi and kwara yorubas are more yorubas than the ones in d South west. ..and they are all frm ife or oyo state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Road To 2019; President Muhammadu Buhari Versus Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo / Osinbajo: Healthcare May Become Fastest Growing Sector In Nigerian Economy / Abia Health Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.