Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! (4799 Views)

10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think / 25 World Most Funny & Bizarre Facts / 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by lycann(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2016
Human brain is a storage for numerous kinds of information. Some of them are useful while others are just random bizarre facts or trivia. We also find information that make us think and change how we view the world. Here are 15 such bizarre facts that will stay in your mind for a long time after you read them.

1. Just a couple of days after your death, the enzymes that once processed your dinner, start processing you.
2. Some chickens are born half male and half female.
3. Bananas are radioactive!
4. The Oxford English Dictionary was largely written by a murderer William Chester Minor while he was at a mental asylum.

SOURCE: www.unbelievable-facts.com/2016/01/bizarre-facts.html

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by Kenzico(m): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2016
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by medexico(m): 11:58am On Apr 02, 2016
Never knew about the chicken nor Chester
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by lycann(m): 11:59am On Apr 02, 2016
5. There is a statue of a guy stuffing a baby in his mouth in Switzerland, but nobody knows why!
6. There exists a poisonous plant that leaves the victims with a smile on their face after dying... I created a topic about this sort of plant.

7. An Australian woman separated from her spouse, giving the advantage to a pet crocodile over their marriage. The lady raised the crocodile ever since he was small, treating it as her own son and letting it sleep in bed with her.
8. Not only mosquitoes drink our blood, they also urinate on us...

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by lycann(m): 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
medexico:
Never knew about the chicken nor Chester
same here... Chickens can also be gynandromorphous, and only about
1 in 10,000 chickens are born with this rare genetic
abnormality. The interesting thing is that the researchers
expected to find a mutation of some kind, but instead
came across chickens that are half-male and half-female
with completely different anatomy on two halves of the
body. The difference was in their body shape, plumage
and muscle structure. According to the doctors, this
might not only lead us to some interesting
discoveries about human health in the future, but can
also provide insight into how birds develop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by presented007(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
keep them coming

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by lycann(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
9. One gypsy tribe in India does it all completely different. They make a feast each time someone dies, and treat birth as a sad event.

10. Think your wife is rough on you? Think again! After Praying Mantis’ finish mating, the female bites the head off its male companion and eats it.

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by faray: 1:32am On Apr 03, 2016
*observing*
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 03, 2016
educative.

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by mysticgal(f): 8:34am On Apr 03, 2016
Wowshocked
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2016
This is why I love nairaland. New things learnt everyday.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by fowlyansh181(m): 9:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by falcon01: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2016
Nothing can change the way I see this world
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2016
Educating.

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by CherylMc: 10:38am On Apr 03, 2016
No wonder you'll see mad words In the dictionary
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by kenedy175(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2016
mysticgal:
Wowshocked
You are Mysticgal. You shouldn't be surprised
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by 0955eb027(m): 10:49am On Apr 03, 2016
Following
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by lycann(m): 11:31am On Apr 03, 2016
11. There exist ‘ghost plants’ which don’t
have chlorophyll, and grow without
sunlight!

12. A cat has a certain parasite in its gut.
It deposits it’s offspring in cat’s droppings,
which gets eaten by a rat, messing with
their behaviour and causing the rats to feel
sexual arousal when they are around cats,
with the goal of getting back to the guts

13. There’s an island in the Pacific where
many of the residents are suffering from
color blindness. They can only see black
and white colors, but they often take a
psychedelic drug which gives
them colourful hallucinations

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by DIKEnaWAR: 11:53am On Apr 03, 2016
16. There is a country called Nigeria where only brain dead people have been leading since indePendence and are given national honours.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by yellowbeauty(f): 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
The poster above me tho....I love this forum like kilode

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by mysticgal(f): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
kenedy175:

You are Mysticgal. You shouldn't be surprised
Lol, new things just come up without my knowledge, so I've got to keep up with old and new trends. Believe me, I save these kind of stuffs to be in trend wink

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by silentachieverr(m): 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
That fact about the cat and rat is very true.
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by kenedy175(m): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
mysticgal:

Lol, new things just come up without my knowledge, so I've got to keep up with old and new trends. Believe me, I save these kind of stuffs to be in trend wink

That's cool and unlike our Nigerian girls...

You must be Wonderwoman cool
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by mysticgal(f): 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
kenedy175:
That's cool and unlike our Nigerian girls...
You must be Wonderwoman cool
Thanks smiley
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by freezyprinzy(m): 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
cool following
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by rattlesnake(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lemme form my own
"there is a plant in Brazil that can select sex of babies for gay couples"
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
falcon01:
Nothing can change the way I see this world
how do you see this world?

2 Likes

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by seankay(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
Me:How much is this Land?
NL: 20M
Me: Remove the "For Sale" notification and give my PA your account number cool
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by wins18(m): 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
op weldone

1 Like

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by falcon01: 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
juhan:
how do you see this world?

Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=falcon01 post=44371008][/quote] what is this?
Re: 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! by otunbakplu(m): 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
FP all the way...
Lala deserve to be prob if this thing no reach there.. Whalaahi

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between A Technician, Technologist And Engineer / Utme: Fg To Introduce E-examination / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike From 14th August 2017-Vangaurd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.