Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,130 members, 7,829,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera (978 Views)

For Saying "Buhari Is The Worst President" Skales Slammed By Fans / "Buhari Is The Worst President In The World" - Skales Says. / "President Buhari Is The Best" Gifty Says On Instagram, Gets Blasted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by nairagossip: 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
In this piece “Time to change the change”, the controversial columnist Etcetera justifies the actions of many youths and talented patriots consistently making exit from the country due to poor economy condition of Nigeria. He advocated President Buhari exit as the veritable way to really get the change he promised, saying most of his campaign promises have been jettisoned.

Read the article below…

Imagine having a job of N5m every month as salary. It sounds unheard of in Nigeria, but it can be heard in the United States. In fact, my friend Henry just jumped ship and landed a sweet job in South Africa.

Another buddy of mine recently took the plunge and decided he’s had enough, too – and relocated to the sandy enclave of Dubai. He sends me emails often about enjoying a quality lifestyle which is beyond his wildest imagination.

They’re not alone, though. This year, a large number of Nigerians are set to not only escape Nigeria, but also to renounce their citizenship.

A friend of mine, Victor, lives in Sweden and says he always feels like living in a Utopian society. It’s INCREDIBLE! he screams on the phone each time we talk. He tells me of all the statistics of the Nordic countries. The way he talks is like describing only the candle on a chocolate cake. Wait until you taste it. Living in Nigeria is like eating ‘kpako’ biscuit and saying “that is good enough” when the cake is just across the table to dig in.

Why are they struggling to leave? Did you just ask that question?

For the first time in many years, we are recording a huge number of skilled and educated young and older Nigerians and industries heading for the exits.

Hint: It has nothing to do with being unpatriotic.

You see, it’s not the sudden heat all over the country that is driving people away… it’s the idea of being tied to what Nigeria has become.

Growing up, I was part of a patriotic family. I worshipped Nigeria almost to the point of idolatry. I was happy when the soldiers came back from Liberia. My catechism teacher lost her son in the war, and we did our best to console her.

Now I wonder… are we ever going to be that nation of plenty again, or have we already taken our “first step into a thousand years of darkness with the second coming of our lord and saviour, Buhari?

With the current hardship in the country, it is already looking like Goodluck Jonathan was elected President in a distant era, many years ago. Nigeria has changed so much since then.

It is also looking like whatever change the second coming of Buhari could have brought about will forever remain a mystery.

Isn’t it time for us to seriously start thinking of changing the change?

The most important “change” we should consider right now is changing President Buhari.

We all can perhaps recall vividly one of the promises of the President, “I will pay all Nigerian jobless youth N5,000 every month.” But denouncing the promise now with a first-rate accent now seems stupid and uncalculated. It was a beautiful song to all Nigerian youths amidst the gargantuan level of hardship in the country. It was lauded as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at the sunset.”

We need to find someone as soon as possible with the intelligence to save Nigeria from impending disaster. We need to take a stand now. We cannot continue to give the country away to misfit politicians. We need a leader who will rally us to once again embrace the unique Nigerian values of honesty, hard work, and the love of God, which led to our success in the 70s.

I don’t know if I should advise you to start running to the border or stay and fight, because I still feel there is some hope left to turn Nigeria back and restore what has been taken from us by those misfits in Abuja. It is going to take men and women of courage to speak up against this destructive force that is ripping the heart out of our country. I must sincerely admit a fondness for a previous time when “change” hadn’t yet come to Nigeria.

http://www.042express.com/2016/04/changing-president-buhari-is-most.html

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by nairagossip: 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
hmmm he made a point tho

2 Likes

Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by drss(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
PDP will take ova pawa in 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by Leboska(m): 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
Buhari is a curse e.g I will buhari you. it can also be said to be another word for scam e.g you have being buharied

3 Likes

Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by Redoil: 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
Zombies will never listen to you. Omenka where art thou

2 Likes

Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by skondo09(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
You mean changing the 'Change' himself?.... I tot Change is the only constant thing

2 Likes

Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
nairagossip:

I don’t know if I should advise you to start running to the border or stay and fight, because I still feel there is some hope left to turn Nigeria back and restore what has been taken from us by those misfits in Abuja.

Well, nice write-up. However, Nigeria is where the cosmic intelligence in its infinite wisdom chose to plant me. Therefore I do not consider that I have any right to seek out a more comfortable corner of the world which someone else's intelligence & labour have tidied up.
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
make i .....
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by ticker(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
quite interesting. hate it or love it this person has pointed out the truth
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by christinie(f): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
My points exactly. Buhari must be impeached for Nigeria to move forward again. Only paid e-rats are saying otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by Flexherbal(m): 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
If we remove Buhari, who should we put?
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by nairagossip: 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
If we remove Buhari, who should we put?

na the big question be that o
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by mars123(m): 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
christinie:
My points exactly. Buhari must be impeached for Nigeria to move forward again. Only paid e-rats are saying otherwise.
Buhari is doing a good job -Obama(2016) Indeed he is - Trudeau(2016) embarassed

I want to give Buhari time. its not easy to take Nigeria out of its present state. expectations are high so the criticism is much but reality is that the government is just 1 year in office and it is saddled with a cash crunch and a lot of security, eonomic and political issues. I would expect this type of criticism to come at least 2018 when the government is 3years in and has nothing to show for it.
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by NoApology(m): 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
o eziokwu. Nigerians are choking in hardship. my dad said the last time such hardship was experienced in Nigeria was during this same gworo munching Daura President's military regime.

#NoApology
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by Fmartin(m): 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pls no wailing on this thread. The young man has elaborated some points which ar worth meditating over.

Its never late to rectify ur short comings @presido. Dnt wait till 2018 to start changing ur ways. We nigerians will see it as campaign. #peace
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by SweetieConstie(f): 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
True talk Op... Thumbs up!

Ever since his inception as President, the nation's glory has been tampered with negatively....
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by nairagossip: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
SweetieConstie:
True talk Op... Thumbs up!

Ever since his inception as President, the nation's glory has been tampered with negatively....
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by christinie(f): 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
Nigeria was the best economy in Africa before Buhari massacred the economy and now you are talking about fixing it when it is obvious that he is brainless.

mars123:
Buhari is doing a good job -Obama(2016) Indeed he is - Trudeau(2016) embarassed

I want to give Buhari time. its not easy to take Nigeria out of its present state. expectations are high so the criticism is much but reality is that the government is just 1 year in office and it is saddled with a cash crunch and a lot of security, eonomic and political issues. I would expect this type of criticism to come at least 2018 when the government is 3years in and has nothing to show for it.
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by omenka(m): 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
Appears some people on the forum can't make a straight sentence without bogging my mentions.

Now, let me just bless yall with a little attention so you can all go to bed as happy little children.

We are facing tough times, and yes, it affects me too. It takes me 10k to fill my tank, and I, as sure as hell, am not ecstatic about that. That is for fuel, the "light" situation is grossly exaggerated.

My problem with PDP supporters is, they sound as though we were living in paradise prior APC government when in fact there's not an atom of difference between the fuel situation we are experiencing now and what PDP handed over to Buhari! I dare anyone to challenge that.

What about salaries?? Were states not so insolvent as to be owing several months salaries (my state owed four months) when Jonathan was handing over??

What about the electricity situation?? Wasn't the ENTIRE COUNTRY in darkness when Jonathan was handing over with radio stations, telecoms companies, banks, etc closing shops with official announcements due to the unavailability of electricity and petrol/diesel to power their generators??

What the heck are you folks really talking about??

Should an alien land on the country and walk around where some of you are gathered talking, he'd believe Buhari fvcked up a country probably greater than the United States.

Make una chill jor. Things aren't rosy, yes, but things will get better definitely. Jonathan did more than five years and handed over a rickety contraption of what he inherited. Buhari is making repairs and has four years to do so. Tools would need to be reshaped and some spare parts bought would have to be returned for better quality ones so when he's done fixing the ride, we can all have a smooth journey to our respective havens.

Four years dudes, four years... If yall are too impatient to wait when you tolerated 16years, then you'd better go apply for citizenship elsewhere.

Hell tired from work. Make una allow me rest mbok.
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by nairagossip: 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lalasticala ooo! FP Abeg!
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by nairagossip: 6:36am On Apr 03, 2016
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by OKorowanta: 6:44am On Apr 03, 2016
IPOB youth.
Re: Changing Buhari Is The Most Important Change Now - Etcetera by nairagossip: 9:34am On Apr 03, 2016
OKorowanta:
IPOB youth.
lol

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Blac Chyna And Rob Step Out In Matching Yeezys / Wizkid Breaks New Record: Becomes First Nigerian To Hit 2million Twitter Follows / Niyola Fires Back At Fan Who Criticized Her For Not Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.