Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Suicide On A Birthday! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suicide On A Birthday! (7429 Views)

Suicide On My Mind / Girl Commits Suicide As Mom Refuses To Hear Her Out, Broadcasts Suicide On Faceb / Watch How These Kids Danced At A Birthday Party (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by mysticgal(f): 8:27am On Apr 03, 2016
endehT:

Thank you ma'am, will do just that in the course of the day.
Do you want to work at a bank? I think fidelity bank, skye bank and union bank are collecting c's, check it out here,
https://www.nairaland.com/3016401/banking-jobs
I am willing to help
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 8:30am On Apr 03, 2016
thorpido:
If you are doing the bolded above,then you are not lazy but indeed you need help from what you have written.
You are a family man and I understand how tough it can be.Nevertheless,suicide is not the solution.You will be passing the burden on your wife which will not be fair on her and your son.

Siena has offered to help and i'm willing to contribute too and I'm sure there are others that will be willing to chip in something when your case is verified.
You say you stay at Egbeda,that's along my path so I could check you out if you're ready.

A good morning to you sir. Yes,at the bolded,that is what I have been doing for some time sir. I am available and ready to be checked out at your convenience too.

Thank you for your kind gesture sir.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2016
mysticgal:

Do you want to work at a bank? I think fidelity bank, skye bank and union bank are collecting c's, check it out here,
https://www.nairaland.com/3016401/banking-jobs
I am willing to help

Yes ma'am,I wouldn't mind working with a Bank. Will submit my CV on there right away.

Thank you very much ma'am. May God bless you wonderfully.

C V sent. Thanks ma.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by mysticgal(f): 8:41am On Apr 03, 2016
endehT:

Yes ma'am,I wouldn't mind working with a Bank. Will submit my CV on there right away.

Thank you very much ma'am. May God bless you wonderfully.
You are welcome, though I am a miss tongue

1 Like

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by LeJeun3: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2016

Sorry I might come across to you as too harsh. But I was wondering why you didn't come to Nairaland to ask for help before but came to tell us you are going to kill urself??

Ironic you know...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2016
LewsTherin:
It's so sad how you have gone through so much pain and suffering with no help from anyone. It's so sad you have suffered so much that you think the only way is to end your life. It's so sad that you love your family so much and cannot provide for them. It's so sad you love your wife so much you want to condemn her to being a widow. It's so sad your family have refused to help you but will very easily condemn your wife to pain, shame and hopelessness with you dead. It's so sad you want to condemn your son to a life of abject poverty he may never get out of. It's so sad you want to remove any chance of your getting out of this mess by putting an end to it yourself.

But ayway, it's even sadder that I don't really believe your story.

Thank you very much sir for reading and commenting. I understand your scepticism about this, however,why would I be willing to be contacted and have my story verified,if it was all a farce?

May you never experience a fraction of what I am going through sir.

Thank you
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 9:00am On Apr 03, 2016
LeJeun3:

Sorry I might come across to you as too harsh. But I was wondering why you didn't come to Nairaland to ask for help before but came to tell us you are going to kill urself??

Ironic you know...

You are right and not harsh sir. But the reason I never came on NL to seek for help was due to the fact that i had always believed it was a phase,which would pass over,and i never, until yesterday, ever thought of ending it all.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by Winneygirl(f): 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
I would also recommend that you seek opportunities outside Lagos.
Some locations are not as fast-paced and the cost of living is not as high.

You could get a job that 'seemingly' doesn't pay very high, but becos the cost of living in your location is not too high, you would be able to get by.

You can send me a PM and I will drop you an email you can forward your cv to.
You should also dust up your cv so that it is tailored to the job you are applying for, instead of having a general purpose cv.

1 Like

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Winneygirl:

You could get a job that 'seemingly' doesn't pay very high, but becos the cost of living in your location is not too high, you would be able to get by.

You should also dust up your cv so that it is tailored to the job you are applying for, instead of having a general purpose cv.

Thank you very much ma'am. I do appreciate your words of advice. As it is,I am willing to move out of Lagos,as long as I can get a paid employment,and have something(funds) sent back home at the end of the month.

Thanks once again ma'am. Would do you a PM right away too.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by Breadfruit: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pending when all these would be resolved, I suggest you meet the branch manager of the bank where you took the loan.
Make him understand you are making efforts to pay up. Atleast, you were not defaulting till you lost your job.

2. If anything happens to you, it won't be written off. Rather your next of kin would take the fall....

List the debts as was suggested to you earlier....
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
I will like to thank everybody that has viewed,read and dropped comments on this thread. It was a really disappointing decision,to have even nursed the idea of suicide. I regret my line of thought,and I apologise to everybody(including my family members),for even daring to go that way.

The comments here have given me a positive outlook on life and also,they have changed my perception about the dark days. The most important lesson I have learnt here is 'when there's life,there is hope'.

Thank you all for the kind gestures and encouragement.

Also,the need for a good/stable job cannot be over emphasized. I look forward to starting a new chapter in my life,with the much needed push and counselling, I have been able to garner from the wonderful people of NL. Truly, solace could be found in the least expected way,place and form!

As advised by some of the members of NL(SIENA,THORPIDO,MYSTICGAL),I have broken down the immediate needs and financial obligations. Please find below.

Loan Repayment : 18,000/Month (9 months remaining,due to default in repayment n interest) = 162,000
Kid's school Fees. = 25,000
Food stuffs,Utility bills etc. = 20,000
Rent Balance. = 30,000

TOTAL : 237,000

I am still very much available for crosschecking,verifying and confirmation too.

Thank you and God bless and keep us all.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
Breadfruit:
Pending when all these would be resolved, I suggest you meet the branch manager of the bank where you took the loan.
Make him understand you are making efforts to pay up. Atleast, you were not defaulting till you lost your job.

2. If anything happens to you, it won't be written off. Rather your next of kin would take the fall....

List the debts as was suggested to you earlier....

Thank you very much sir. I have just outlined the financial obligations. The said Financial institution is not a Bank sir,but a consumer finance firm. Prior to yesterday's incident,I had always called to give them updates about my situation.

Thank you sir
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
thorpido:
If you are doing the bolded above,then you are not lazy but indeed you need help from what you have written.
You are a family man and I understand how tough it can be.Nevertheless,suicide is not the solution.You will be passing the burden on your wife which will not be fair on her and your son.
Siena has offered to help and i'm willing to contribute too and I'm sure there are others that will be willing to chip in something when your case is verified.
You say you stay at Egbeda,that's along my path so I could check you out if you're ready.

I have outlined the most pressing needs sir. Also,will you still be coming over,so I can PM you my address and direction sir?

Thank you very much sir.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
Still doubt this

Need time trusted member to verify.

Provide details
Finance bank
Children's school are the kids in school cos this session is already half way through.
Construction job...where is it?

Provide details of these without revealing their names. Then when a reputable person offers to verify you can provide your name bia PM.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
salsera:
Still doubt thisNeed time trusted member to verify.

I understand your reservations, and agree with the verification aspect.

Ifyalways would be my member of choice, depending on her workload and location. There are others too, if anyone could make suggestions, that would be great.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
salsera:
Still doubt this

Need time trusted member to verify.

Provide details
Finance bank
Children's school are the kids in school cos this session is already half way through.
Construction job...where is it?

Provide details of these without revealing their names. Then when a reputable person offers to verify you can provide your name bia PM.

Thank you very much ma. I fully understand the points you have raised. However,I would like to answer and make some clarifications as regards some of the questions you raised.

Finance Bank - It is not a bank,but a consumer finance firm for soft and personal loans. Their head office,which is the only office I have been to severally,is located on Bishop Aboyade Cole street,off Ademola Adetokunboh,Victoria Island. They occupy an office space on the second floor.

Children's School Fees : I have a 2year old kid,and they vacated(2nd Term) a week before the Easter celebrations. They have a 2 week break,and will resume on the 11th of April,which is next week Monday.

Construction Job: Actually it is not a construction job,but a menial job on a construction site(building). It is located around Seliat.

I am very much available for the verification exercise.

Thank you once again.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by jashar(f): 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
your grammatical use of English is too good for you to end your life.

7 Likes

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by uwemjack(m): 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
endehT:
Hello all. Been a guest on NL for years,but based on recent happenings and goings-on in my life,I have decided to do a parting-shot-kinda note.

Straight to the point!
I lost my job with an MNC sometime in May 2015,due to 'restructuring'. Slightly before the down-sizing happened,I got a soft loan from one of the financial institutions,which I had been servicing monthly.

Since May 2015,my life has NOT been the same. I Attended series of interviews,but nothing was forthcoming. Eventually,around September 2015, I got a job with a firm(with a staff strength of 4people). For the 3 months i worked,I was not paid a dime,as the CEO kept giving one excuse or the other,which meant I was transporting to n fro from the little proceeds from wife's income(seamstress),and the little hustlings i could get around.

I have been doing some menial jobs since January 2016,but they haven't been able to take care of the family's pressing needs. I have a 2year old baby,and it's really been tough providing his needs. I go days without food,just to have enough to get baby's needs.

All the while,the loan I was servicing had to stop,as there was no constant flow of income any longer,and the savings I had,had to go for rent,utility bills etc.

Just today,I had an interview,and while I was there, my wife called me and told me my Creditors were at home,causing a scene within the compound(because I had not paid for 2months). This is coming on the heels of me, constantly keeping in touch and updating the account officer about my job status.

I was disorientated and confused when my wife called to inform me. Got back home and met her(wife), crying and feeling highly downtrodden.

I thought about the whole thing, and I could only think about Death as a succour. And Since my Birthday will be coming up in a few days,I have decided to end it all on that very day.

I have never,until now felt this whole suicide urge come over me!!!

It's a shame,' am aware, but I apologise to my wife,my family and most especially,my baby,for not waiting for him to know me proper,before I ended it. I always want the best for my family,and since I cannot provide it any further,I would rather do the honourable thing. I seek for God's forgiveness over my decision,sins and soul.

Adieu

A baby learning to walk can fall down over a 100 times! But he keeps trying, eventually he learns to walks.

A grown man who has learnt how to walk and has perfected the act of walking, still misteps and falls down once in a while, but he never stays down he stands backup, dusts himself and keeps walking.

Challenges comes to all of us in varying degrees, but whatever the degree of your challenge you have enough capacity to manage and overcome it.

Don't give up on yourself! Don't give up on your kid!

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

I have a site am managing and I can guarantee you 12,000 per week Monday to Friday and half day on Saturday as a labourer. With opportunity to earn more If your interested.

NEVER GIVE UP
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
jashar:
your grammatical use of English is too good for you to end your life.

Thank you very much ma'am. Based on the encouragement and words of advice from each and every one on this thread,i have decided to make a recant(informally tho'), and also apologise to all concerned,passively or otherwise.

Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 2:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
uwemjack:

A baby learning to work can fall down over a 100 times! But he keeps trying, eventually he learns to walks.

A grown man who has learnt how to walk and has perfected the act of walking, still misteps and falls down once in a while, but he never stays down he stands backup, dusts himself and keeps walking.

Challenges comes to all of us in varying degrees, but whatever the degree of your challenge you have enough capacity to manage and overcome it.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

I have a site am managing and I can guarantee you 12,000 per week Monday to Friday and half day on Saturday as a labourer. With opportunity to earn more If your interested.

NEVER GIVE UP

Thank you sir for your golden words. I appreciate your proposition more . Tomorrow being a Monday,can i come over to start sir?
Thank you sir.

PS: I am in Lagos sir.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
uwemjack:

A baby learning to walk can fall down over a 100 times! But he keeps trying, eventually he learns to walks.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

NEVER GIVE UP

Jack, God bless you for your kind offer.

1 Like

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
endehT:

Thank you very much ma. I fully understand the points you have raised. However,I would like to answer and make some clarifications as regards some of the questions you raised.

Finance Bank - It is not a bank,but a consumer finance firm for soft and personal loans. Their head office,which is the only office I have been to severally,is located on Bishop Aboyade Cole street,off Ademola Adetokunboh,Victoria Island. They occupy an office space on the second floor.

Children's School Fees : I have a 2year old kid,and they vacated(2nd Term) a week before the Easter celebrations. They have a 2 week break,and will resume on the 11th of April,which is next week Monday.

Construction Job: Actually it is not a construction job,but a menial job on a construction site(building). It is located around Seliat.

I am very much available for the verification exercise.

Thank you once again.

What's your wife doing to bring in funds
If she's not working then pull your daughter out of school. She's 2years old its not necessary.
Is she also sourcing funds or are you doing this solo.

My questions maybe intrusive but its necessary.

Cos you're doing labourer work so that's like day rate 2500

Jobs are scarce and you're competing with recent grads too. Take it from me I've been on this 2years plus.

Dig deep and pull out other talents you have.
You write well so consider proofreading. article writing, research, project work. It may pay 5000 or less but that's more than your day labourer work.

You need different hustles because you are servicing loans here. So combine all you have.

1 Like

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by Pidggin(f): 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
So you pay N25K for your two year old child's school fees?
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by mysticgal(f): 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
I would love to make some observations please ,
If your child's school fees is 25 thousand naira, why not register him at an affordable school. Cut your coat according to your cloth. Mind you, I said if the school fee is 25k,but if it is an accumulated school fee debt, then no problem.
And please, I think a verification of the op should made for further help.
Thanks
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
mysticgal:
I would love to make some observations please ,
If your child's school fees is 25 thousand naira, why not register him at an affordable school. Cut your coat according to your cloth. Mind you, I said if the school fee is 25k,but if it is an accumulated school fee debt, then no problem.
And please, I think a verification of the op should made for further help.
Thanks

Thank you ma'am. It was previously not up to that amount. The upgrade happened at the end of the past term.
Already thinking along that direction(school swapping) too,but it will only be wise to do,before a new session commences.
Thanks ma
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pidggin:
So you pay N25K for your two year old child's school fees?

About to ma'am. It wasn't up to this during the previous terms.

I have all the payment receipts,invoices and all that readily available for confirmation too.

Thanks ma!
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by Pidggin(f): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
endehT:

About to ma'am. It wasn't up to this during the previous terms.

I have all the payment receipts,invoices and all that readily available for confirmation too.

Thanks ma!

Okay, I was thinking you can put the child in a free school for now until things improve financially for you.

Have you tried teaching or organizing after school lessons?
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
salsera:

What's your wife doing to bring in funds
If she's not working then pull your daughter out of school. She's 2years old its not necessary.
Is she also sourcing funds or are you doing this solo.

My questions maybe intrusive but its necessary.

Cos you're doing labourer work so that's like day rate 2500

Jobs are scarce and you're competing with recent grads too. Take it from me I've been on this 2years plus.

Dig deep and pull out other talents you have.
You write well so consider proofreading. article writing, research, project work. It may pay 5000 or less but that's more than your day labourer work.

You need different hustles because you are servicing loans here. So combine all you have.

Thank you very much ma'am. Your questions are not intrusive,but probing,which i see as part of you being concerned.

Wifey is doing all she can in her own little capacity. Being a seamstress,most of the projects(that don't come regularly) she gets,are where she gets little proceeds from,which she judiciously makes use of, for the upkeep and support of the family.

I will go with some of your advice ma'am. Thank you
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pidggin:

Okay, I was thinking you can put the child in a free school for now until things improve financially for you.

Have you tried teaching or organizing after school lessons?

Yes,i made an arrangement with a particular (teacher)friend of mine,as regards taking some of his Students some after-school subjects (English Civic Studies and Economics),but we are yet to have that kick-started,as he explained sometime last week, that he was still very much on it.

Thank you ma.

1 Like

Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by PenAndPaper: 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
Op, can I have your CV so I can upgrade it for you? I write for a living (resumes most of the time) and I feel this could increase your chances when looking for a job.
Please PM me so I can give you the email to send your CV to.

I would also love to help when someone has verified your story.

Regards
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
PenAndPaper:
Op, can I have your CV so I can upgrade it for you? I write for a living (resumes most of the time) and I feel this could increase your chances when looking for a job.
Please PM me so I can give you the email to send your CV to.

I would also love to help when someone has verified your story.

Regards

Thank you so much Sir/Ma. I will send you a PM right away.

Thank you once again- God bless.
Re: Suicide On A Birthday! by endehT: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Winneygirl:

Hello ma'am,sorry for disturbing you. Please, i am still awaiting the email via PM,so I can forward my CV to.

Thank you ma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For My Husband To Wash My Panties? / Congratulations Debrief On Your New Bouncing Baby Boy / Photo: Is this a Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.