Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,210 members, 7,836,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

The Picture Of The Church That Ought To Emerge In Our Days... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Picture Of The Church That Ought To Emerge In Our Days... (649 Views)

Why Should We Number Our Days? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi And Wife Share Selfie At 'EMERGE' Hosted By Pastor Adefarasin / Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Picture Of The Church That Ought To Emerge In Our Days... by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
I WISH THIS COULD HAPPEN... Let all denominating names be buried in eternal oblivion and let denominationalism be struck with the finger of unity. Let all our pastors apologise to us and tell us they have misled us. Let them come together in Unity in spite of different gifts/callings. Let fellowships be established in small units and let presbytery of elders oversee in humility and not lordship. Let the title of pastors be forgotten like the sins of a forgiven sinner and let our shepherds concentrate on feeding the sheep. Let our evangelists focus on evangelism and instead of building their empires in the name of an evangelical association, let them add souls to the fellowships/local churches. Let the doctrine of tithe be destroyed and gracious giving be taught. Let homes be haven of koinonia. or place of smaller fellowships where the word of God will be expounded. Let the title of GO, GS, Pope, Primate be cast out like a filthy menstruous cloth and let everyone see themselves as brother. Let all fellowships be independent unit but must be monitored by chosen Apostles lest error creep in. Let legalism be destroyed and gracious holiness be expressed by all saints. Let men whom God has called for the ministry of deliverance stop terrifying the sheep with fear but visit hospitals, mental homes or rehabs to minister to the oppressed and add them to the local churches. Let Jesus be glorified and not men. Let superstardom and 'touch not my anointed syndrome' be crushed by bulldozer of servitude and humility. Let the message of the cross/discipleship be taught, and let all willing disciples be led in the light. let all watery or psychedelic gospel be erased and let cross bearing, persecution and tribulations be successfully taught to all saints. Let the Bible be the final guide and let creeds of 'daddy' men of God be blotted out. Let Jesus be seen!

1 Like

Re: The Picture Of The Church That Ought To Emerge In Our Days... by ATMC(f): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
AMEN!

1 Like

Re: The Picture Of The Church That Ought To Emerge In Our Days... by Hiswordxray(m): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
"The awe of God flooded my soul as I experienced a little bit of the terror of the Lord. I literally trembled and wept as God Himself communicated to me in a way I’ve never known before or since. The Lord simply said, “I will change the understanding and expression of Christianity in the earth in one generation.” It was a simple, straightforward statement, but I felt God’s power with each word as I received the Spirit’s interpretation. God Himself will make drastic changes in Christianity across the whole world. This reformation revival will be by His sovereign initiative." (Extracted from "Growing In The Prophetic" by Mike Bickles).

REVOLUTION by Rick Joyner May 2000: A revolution is coming to Christianity that will eclipse the Reformation in the seeping changes that it brings to the church. When it comes, the present structure and organization of the church will cease to exist, and the way that the world defines Christianity will be radically changed. What is coming will not be a change of doctrine, but a change in the basic church life. The changes that are coming will be so profound that it will be hard to relate the present form of church structure and government to what is coming.

I have had series of prophetic experiences myself. Something is about to happen, something radical and great. God would restore His Church to are glory. A great revolution is coming and it would be like a woman in delivery. The birth pain the Church would experience would be so great. Many would think she would die in child delivery, think the baby is going to kill her, they would hate the baby for bringing the mother so much pain. But when the baby is born he would bring glory to the mother.
Re: The Picture Of The Church That Ought To Emerge In Our Days... by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
lf only we would stick to the injunction: “Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith”, things would be a lot different.
We really have missed it, but there's great hope for the Church. Amazing things, beyond comprehension would the Lord do via the Church before the rapture of the saints.

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Assists In Arresting Armed Robber In Ghana! / What It Means To Be Like Jesus / Who Drank It???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.