Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Why Should We Number Our Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should We Number Our Days? (3981 Views)

Teach Us To Number Our Days / Prophesy Of Our Days / The Reasons The Church Is Lukewarm In Our Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should We Number Our Days? by jonatoye(m): 8:02am On Aug 19, 2018
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: Why Should We Number Our Days

WORD FOR TODAY
The key to numbering our days carefully is to remain closely connected to the Savior in prayer, Bible study, and fellowship ~Crystal McDowell
Scriptural Reference
"So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom."(Psalm 90:12 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We need to number our days for the following reasons:

1) Tomorrow isn’t promised to you (James 4:14): The sudden death of a loved one reminds us of our mortality on this earth. How could it be that someone we saw with life be dead in minutes or days? Yet it happens every day and we are reminded that we must work every day for the Lord as if it is our last.

2) Life on earth could be shorter than you think (Luke 12:20). We are not only aware of our own mortality but of the brevity of life of people younger than us. We cannot breathe one moment longer than God allows.

3) Many missed opportunities can’t be restored (Hebrews 3:15).
The problem with decisions we make in life is that we may not always get a second chance. If we miss opportunities of divine callings, we may never get to redo that moment. While there is hope even after a missed calling, we must make the most of every opportunity.

4) Relationships with family and friends could end without warning (Hebrews 3:13). We can easily take our family and friends for granted—assuming that they will always be around and available. Yet that is not the case, our closest companions could be snatched away at a moment’s notice and we don’t want our last memory to be overwhelmed with regret.

Prayer Point:
So teach me, Lord, to number my days, so that I might grow in wisdom, so that I might live each day in the best possible way in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Main Emphasis:
We need to number our days because, there is a limit set for every human life in the land of the living!!!
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Have a Superb Worship Experience!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2018
Life on earth could be shorter than we think.
We cannot breathe one moment longer than God allows.
We need to number our days because, there is a limit set for every human life in the land of the living!
Case closed!

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34am On Aug 19, 2018
WahalaDeyHere:

Because we like mathematics

Wahala really dey here o!
U try no be small!
Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 19, 2018
So we will know when one is missing undecided
Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by EagleNest(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2018
So that we should apply wisdom and discretion in our dealings on earth knowing we are time limited.

No time to waste on quarrels, ethnicity, religious bigotry, etc but to help and show love to one another.
Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by opribo(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2018
We are all living on borrowed time, no one is promised tomorrow, anything can happen even at this moment we are here.

As for me i take it that if we make it to 70 thats ok anything beyond that is luck which we must dedicate to be eternally grateful and to worship and serve God and not to be dragging political position or for wickedness and spilling of the blood of babbon and monkeys of innocent souls. Oneday we must give account.

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by arixsto2(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2018
True
Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by phemmyfour: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2018
Numbering our days is different from counting our days. Numbering our days make us go through each day with conscious effort to live right with God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by odyx: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2018
Is applicable in all areas of life. We need to number our day to live right
Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by Omooba224: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2018
All I read here is just delusions. Common sense is when you realize that whether you number your days or pray to God to make you live longer are just human wishes. Mother Nature will knock the door whenever the time is up to leave this world party. Life is like a party where everyone came to experience their lives and dreams. Live this one life judiciously you can. Enjoy life to the fullest.
Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by OShepherd: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
And is it compulsory to celebrate Birthdays by even borrowing to suit that purpose? Afterall its all counting/numbering of days.
Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by ipobarecriminals: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
cool He satisfied us with long life/show us His salvation. .By covenant,long life is d heritage of believe.
Re: Why Should We Number Our Days? by Mryacks: 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
jonatoye:
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: Why Should We Number Our Days

WORD FOR TODAY
The key to numbering our days carefully is to remain closely connected to the Savior in prayer, Bible study, and fellowship ~Crystal McDowell
Scriptural Reference
"So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom."(Psalm 90:12 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We need to number our days for the following reasons:

1) Tomorrow isn’t promised to you (James 4:14): The sudden death of a loved one reminds us of our mortality on this earth. How could it be that someone we saw with life be dead in minutes or days? Yet it happens every day and we are reminded that we must work every day for the Lord as if it is our last.

2) Life on earth could be shorter than you think (Luke 12:20). We are not only aware of our own mortality but of the brevity of life of people younger than us. We cannot breathe one moment longer than God allows.

3) Many missed opportunities can’t be restored (Hebrews 3:15).
The problem with decisions we make in life is that we may not always get a second chance. If we miss opportunities of divine callings, we may never get to redo that moment. While there is hope even after a missed calling, we must make the most of every opportunity.

4) Relationships with family and friends could end without warning (Hebrews 3:13). We can easily take our family and friends for granted—assuming that they will always be around and available. Yet that is not the case, our closest companions could be snatched away at a moment’s notice and we don’t want our last memory to be overwhelmed with regret.

Prayer Point:
So teach me, Lord, to number my days, so that I might grow in wisdom, so that I might live each day in the best possible way in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Main Emphasis:
We need to number our days because, there is a limit set for every human life in the land of the living!!!
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Have a Superb Worship Experience!!!

Thank you for this..

(1) (Reply)

Religion And Rationality / It's Here Again Christ Apostolic Church Youth Conference At Ikeji Ara Ikeji / Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.