Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch (7177 Views)

Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers In 2012 / Piermario Morosini Dies After Collapsing On The Pitch / Footballers And Their Lives Off The Field (pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by galatico(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2009
1. Pele
A 17-year-old Pele cries on the shoulder of Didi as teammates Gilmar and Orlando congratulate him on his fantastic performance in the 1958 World Cup final.

2. Eusebio
The Portuguese legend in tears after his country's defeat by England in the 1966 World Cup semi final.

3. Paul Gascoigne
Gazza famously opened his floodgates at Italia 90.

4. Carsten Jancker
The huge, shaven-headed German cried like a baby after Bayern lost to Man Utd in the 1999 Champions League final in Barcelona. How we laughed

5. Francesco Totti
You can trust an emotional Italian to make this list. Totti broke down after Italy's painful defeat by France in the final of Euro 2000.

6. David Seaman
Strapping Yorkshiremen don't cry, surely? But Safe Hands did (albeit behind his gloves), after Arsenal lost to arch rivals Spurs in the 1991 FA Cup semi final.

7. Thierry Henry
TH14 cried before the start of the 2003 Confed Cup semi final between France and Turkey, in the aftermath of the tragic death of Marc-Vivien Foe during the other semi final, Cameroon v Columbia.

8. William Gallas
Billy G isn't afraid of his emotions. Here he lets it all out after Chelsea's loss to Liverpool in the 2005 Champions League semi final.

9. John Terry
One of my favourite football photos of all time.

10. Emmanuel Eboue
The unpopular Arsenal defender shed a tear or two last season when he was roundly booed by his own fans during the Gooners' 1-0 win over Wigan at the Emirates Stadium.

11. Cristiano Ronaldo
C-Ron has blubbed more than once on the pitch - of course he has. Here he cries after Man Utd's defeat by Arsenal in the 2005 FA Cup final. Touching.

Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by eldee(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2009
Four Arsenal players on the list?? Come on!!!

Anyway, Rio Ferdinand's was more enjoyable than Ronaldo's tears in the same FA Cup Final
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by mukina2: 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2009
The gunner's tears are justifiable  cool

Seaman Had every right to cry,

Gallas was not a gunner then tongue

Eboue was being booed, anyone can cry if they  are being booed by lots of people sad

TH cried because a footballer died, wont you cry if a footballer you liked/admired or is your friend passed away?

Why did you leave out Rio? shocked big baby

that list is dodgy
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by eldee(m): 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2009
mukina2:

The gunner's tears are justifiable cool

Seaman Had every right to cry,

Gallas was not a gunner then tongue

Eboue was being booed, anyone can cry if they are being booed by lots of people sad

TH cried because a footballer died, wont you cry if a footballer you liked/admired or is your friend passed away?

Why did you leave out Rio? shocked big baby

that list is dodgy

I know . . . Rio kept crying even after Viera lifted the trophy
It was almost like he lost the World Cup
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by Ibime(m): 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2009
No1 is Gallas crying after drawing with Birmingham. grin
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by tayoccu(m): 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2009
I can't believe you guys forgot about Bebeto semi finals of Atalanta 96.
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by eldee(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2009
tayoccu:

I can't believe you guys forgot about Bebeto semi finals of Atalanta 96.
The Supporters Club still have a song that vividly describes the incident cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by tayoccu(m): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2009
when Nigeria beat Brazil,
when Nigeria beat Brazil o!
Bebeto come dey cry,
when Nigeria beat Brazil. grin grin grin
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by eldee(m): 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2009
tayoccu:

Bebeto come dey cry,

grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by yousouph(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2009
grin
MEMORABLE SONG
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by mukina2: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2009
eldee:

I know . . . Rio kept crying even after Viera lifted the trophy
It was almost like he lost the World Cup
grin grin grin grin

John Terry deserves his place on the list grin grin big baby grin grin
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by RuuDie(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2009
Roberto Baggio - USA 94

Diego Maradona - Italia 90

Franco Baresi - Italia 90

David Beckham - Germany '06

Stuart Pearce - Italia 90

Paolo Di Canio - after scoring for west ham against chelsea '02/03 season

Bojan Krkic - after being subbed against getafe Nov. '08

Marco Materazzi - after being wrongly sent off for everton against coventry '99

Christiano Ronaldo - Germany '06
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by tayoccu(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2009
yousouph:

grin
MEMORABLE SONG

evergreen,
I'll teach it to my grandchildren.
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by chic2pimp(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2009
tayoccu:

Bebeto come dey cry,
Hehehehehehehe see una ppl. Since when una start dey sing the song, brazil has won the worldcup and got to another finals. They have also won 4 copa americas. Keep singing i'm sure brazilians would not mind if it means them winning another worldcup
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by 9ijaprince(m): 10:59am On Aug 07, 2009
No one mentioned Sunday Oliseh at 2000 nations cup final bw Nigeria and cameroon at the national stadium surulere.i've never seen a player cried like that b4.
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by tayoccu(m): 11:24am On Aug 07, 2009
ronaldo in action

Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by delwu(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
nobody's talking about sammy kuffor?
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by vikiviko(m): 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2009
Sammy should win the award as the most cry cry player after every defeat during his illustrious career with Bayern Munchen.

Most memorable was the final of the champions league final with Manchester United.
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by tayoccu(m): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2009
Gazza in action

Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by fisao: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
i think, EPL is full of babies. grow up guys
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by azeeza(f): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2009
wat about eto'o,during the 2k6 world cup qualifier wen the lost d ticket 2 egypt.una nid 2 c hw dis big bross dey cry,chei d ting pain am.
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by chic2pimp(m): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2009
Heyaaa Sammy Kuffour. I was happy when the dude finally his Medal in 2001.

Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by tayoccu(m): 11:22am On Oct 19, 2009
nice one broster grin
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by chic2pimp(m): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2009
^^^^ Thunder fire ya mouth cool
Re: Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch by tayoccu(m): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2009
amadiora solder ya yansh grin

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Top Possession Team In Europe? / Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy / Manchester United V Chelsea On Sunday 8th May 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.