Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe (821 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe by folks4luv(f): 7:54am On Apr 03, 2016
A friend of my late dad said something recently that got me thinking, he said when they were younger, they had this mindset that they were doing God a favour each time they go to church, so they only go once in a while. speaking further, he said now that he is more advanced in years, he realised their stupidity because he and his friends obviously needed God more than He needed them and they weren't doing God but themselves a favour by going to church.

I have realized this is the mindset of a lot of people, especially the younger generations. each time we go to church or attend a religious programme, we think we are doing God a favour, or sometimes, our parent most particularly our mother a favour.

But let me ask you, what do you think God have to lose if you do not attend services? Having such mindset is haughtiness and God loath the proud but is close to the humble.

Do have a great time in His presence today. And remember to pray for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe by Greenback: 8:40pm On May 29, 2016
folks4luv:
A friend of my late dad said something recently that got me thinking, he said when they were younger, they had this mindset that they were doing God a favour each time they go to church, so they only go once in a while. speaking further, he said now that he is more advanced in years, he realised their stupidity because he and his friends obviously needed God more than He needed them and they weren't doing God but themselves a favour by going to church.

I have realized this is the mindset of a lot of people, especially the younger generations. each time we go to church or attend a religious programme, we think we are doing God a favour, or sometimes, our parent most particularly our mother a favour.

But let me ask you, what do you think God have to lose if you do not attend services? Having such mindset is haughtiness and God loath the proud but is close to the humble.

right..but to pray for nigeria? Rather pray for the ss and se
Re: Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe by folks4luv(f): 8:43pm On May 29, 2016
Greenback:

right..but to pray for nigeria? Rather pray for the ss and se
the butter truth is, Nigeria is all we have at the moment.
Re: Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe by Greenback: 10:24pm On May 29, 2016
folks4luv:

not this kind of nigeria where my ppl are being oppressed and suppressed and killed just for asking for what is rightfully theirs. Not the nigeria where ppl from far away lands are rich and wealthy off the God-given resources of my region and my ppl are living with and putting up with all manner of pollution and degradation..the nigerian army are killing ppl and destroying properties in the niger delta and se in the name of fighting militants..whats going on over there,all the years is systematic genocide..
Am planning to get out,out forever,and when i do,am gonna so celebrate and drink to and so tear off and burn my nig passport,am sorry.
If the govt convenes a sovereign national conference and practices true federalism,well ok..
i have long rejected this kinda nigeria.

Gudnite,folake..
Re: Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe by Greenback: 11:52am On May 30, 2016
folks4luv:
i notice u've not posted for some time,hope u've not bn banned?
Re: Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe by folks4luv(f): 4:11pm On May 30, 2016
Greenback:

i notice u've not posted for some time,hope u've not bn banned?
really? thanks for noticing lol. not banned, just observing and enjoying comments.
Re: Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe by ValentineMary(m): 6:18pm On May 30, 2016
folks4luv:

We are not doing God a favour because he does not exist. We are doing a favor to d pastor to help him buy 4 private jets while I trek to service.

(1) (Reply)

Five Ways To Pursue Your Relationship With God / The End Is Around The Corner! (this Is My Dream...) / A Longing For God's Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.