Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Agatu In Total Ruin — UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agatu In Total Ruin — UN (20672 Views)

Agatu In Benue State Is Now History!!!! / National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness / Agatu In Total Ruin — UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 03, 2016
*Buhari doesn’t need to visit crisis area – Presidency

*Peace is returning – Councilboss

By Levinus Nwabughiogu, Peter Duru and Abiodun Alade

The representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to Nigeria and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Mrs. Angele Dikongue Atangana, says the attacks in Agatu local government area of Benue State by suspected militia left the area in total ruin.

Atangana, led on the tour of the area by Ezekiel Adaji, the Deputy Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Internally Displaced Persons, Refugees and NorthEast Development Initiative, also described the damage as unimaginable.

The UN representative, who stated that the plight of Agatu people deserved national and international attention, stressed that it would be difficult for the affected people to rebuild their communities without external help.

“In my 20 years of working as a humanitarian, I have never seen such a level of destruction. If steps are not taken, the crisis can affect the country as a whole,” she said.

She noted that the damage to Agatu was similar to what was happening in the North-East, and assured that her agency would aid in the rehabilitation of the displaced persons.

Addressing the Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, at the Ugbokpo camp, Atangana disclosed that the UN body had donated non-food items worth over N20 million to the IDPs, stating that the items were with the State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA,in Makurdi.

Meanwhile, the Presidency has dismissed the calls for President Muhammadu Buhari to visit Agatu, saying he needed not to be physically present to do his job.

The President spoke through the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, during a session with Osasu Igbinedion on “The Osasu Show,” aired on the African Independent Television, AIT.

In any case, Adesina reminded Nigerians that the Presidency had issued a statement on Agatu killings detailing the position of Buhari.

Also, yesterday, the Chairman of Agatu Local Government Area, Mr Joseph Ngbede, claimed that normalcy had returned to the area.

Ngbede, who spoke to Sunday Vanguard on phone, said residents were returning home.

“I don’t stay in Makurdi. I am in Agatu. I can say there are no more attacks and the people are returning home,” he said.

He said that, although the suspected Fulani attackers come from neighbouring Nasarawa State, he is not aware of the owner of the cows.

Last week, a meeting of Benue socio-cultural groups and religious leaders had flayed Buhari, army, and police chiefs, as well as Governor Samuel Ortom for failing to visit Agatu and other besieged Benue communities after the attacks.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/agatu-total-ruin-un/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by nnachukz(m): 9:20am On Apr 03, 2016
Surprisingly none of the perpetrators of that crime has been arrested. Their uncle is the President, anything they do is legal but any attempt to resist them from destroying your land will be deemed unlawful by our security agencies. You will be swiftly arrested and if charged to court, N200,000 will be your starting bail bargain to make sure you don't try that anymore even if you see them raping your daughter. Zombies are free to quote me but one by one these fulanis will visit them with even greater evil one day.

190 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2016
[Post Retracted]

152 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by praxisnetworks: 9:23am On Apr 03, 2016
PMB is working.

fulfilling the fulani agenda.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Yes they do.

Most importantly we should identify the actual cause.
We shouldn't politicalized everything.

So many conspiracy theories.

PMB and his intelligence team shld find the real people behind it.
We have to know if it is the same Fulani herdsmen we see or not.
Terrorism can come in different disguise.

It is Agutu today,

It may be your home town tomorrow

26 Likes

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by sleepingTROUBLE: 9:26am On Apr 03, 2016
Do we need to look any further? "He is doing a good job" says Obama. Hmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by knuckbuck(m): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2016
If only Agatu was in Belgium, I'm sure PMB would've called or sent his sympathy. Since they are in Nigeroa... well too bad. angry

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 03, 2016
sleepingTROUBLE:
Do we need to look any further? "He is doing a good job" says Obama. Hmmmmm
Bro, That was a statement intended to mollify Buhari, even Obama knows Buhari's govt is impotent, that is why they are doing all they can to assist him because they assisted in helping him become the president.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 03, 2016
Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:12am On Apr 03, 2016
A time will come that the world will witness an operation call operations kill any Fulani you meet,

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Chubhie: 10:20am On Apr 03, 2016
Agatu will need huge funds to rebuild.

4 Likes

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by NaijaEfcc: 10:48am On Apr 03, 2016
0menka is busy with his zombie job while his pay master is killing his kinsmen, what a pity, just a typical case of what money can do smh

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by bgates: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2016
Front-page
Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 03, 2016
Buhari's contempt for Agatu and her people is an unambiguous revelation of how the president values Nigerians. If a visit is too expensive to be paid to the sacked community, then the President is a callous man. I am sure Adesina must have made that irksome statement with his tongue in his cheek. If he meant just that, it means the government acquiesced in the actions of the Fulani herdsmen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by fr3do(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2016
Injustice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 03, 2016
Hypocrisy is when you condemn Jonathan for failling to visit Chibok communities on time and praises Buhari for just sending condolences mssg to over 300 massacared people. Are Agatu not Nigerians?
Are they not human beings?
we have really politicised everything in Nigeria. The govt should investigate into the Agatu massacare matter.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Aegon(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2016
A mess of porridge (a plate of Aisha's Rice) is enough for him to kill his conscience. That's how low some people can go. Hunger is really bad. Today it's Benue, tomorrow it could be Adesina's village.
NaijaEfcc:
0menka is busy with his zombie job while his pay master is killing his kinsmen, what a pity, just a typical case of what money can do smh

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by omenka(m): 11:18am On Apr 03, 2016
Yet some people were mad angry both parties eventually reached a peace agreement, preferring that the killings continue simply so they can have a good reason to insult the President.

They care less if thousands die, just as long as it makes Buhari look bad, it is okay for them.

As they wish death upon the people of Agatu, I hope their desires come to pass even in their own living rooms.

Peace will reign in Agatu, amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by spanishkid(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2016
**** I've often attacked and blasted those who called Nigeria a zoo but for the very first time in my life, I'm forced to call Nigeria a ZOO. I don't get it. Are Hausas/Fulanis are special class different from every other ethnic group amongst the 250 ethnic groups we have in this country?

How can these herdsmen be carrying AK 47s and other deadly weapons around? How can a few herdsmen be killing, raping and destroying communities at will? Why is PMB quiet on the activities of these herdsmen but very quick to order for the arrest of 76 indigenes of Enugu who decided to stand up to these fulani herdsmen? Why was he so quick to deploy military men to kill innocent, unharmed and defenseless protesters? I cannot continue to list some of the atrocities committed by his fellow tribesmen.

If we are going to continue to be exposed each day to these blood suckers, isn't it better for everyone to go his or her separate ways? Do we need a soothsayer or a whatever to tell us that we are not ONE? I've always been a tribalist here on nairaland and a very big one for that matter but I've really sat down to think about everything going on in this country and I believe there's some element of sense in what some these igbos are saying here on nairaland. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're just talking for the sake of it or that they're crybabies like some of us tag them to be.

But one thing is certain. And that is, a day would come when these Fulani herdsmen will have no where to run and nowhere to hide. PMB do you know what is worse than an Atomic or a Nuclear explosion? I'll tell you. A racial, tribal and religious explosion is far worse than an Atomic or a Nuclear explosion. It can burn forever and it has no end.

Cc: lalasticlala do the needful

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by MonPro: 11:27am On Apr 03, 2016
why should omenka and kyase be on this kind of thread? their fulani principals will not be happy with them if they comment here. lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 03, 2016
omenka:
[s]Yet some people were mad angry both parties eventually reached a peace agreement, preferring that the killings continue simply so they can have a good reason to insult the President.

They care less if thousands die, just as long as it makes Buhari look bad, it is okay for them.

As they wish death upon the people of Agatu, I hope their desires come to pass even in their own living rooms.

Peace will reign in Agatu, amen.[/s]
Shut Up!

Didn't you criticize Jonathan and wished for bad things to happen under his dispensation when you were playing your part to ensure that people begin to maintain a negative mindset about him, even when you have succeeded with your premeditation of deluding Nigerians to vote him out.

this is the comment you made long ago, expressing your hatred for GEJ, indicating that you wished for more calamity to betide GEJ's govt so that you can insult and indict him.

omenka:
Jonathan response to everything during his time was reprehensible. He was an accidental president hence hadn't the slightest thing it took to respond appropriately to a situation.

The only time he responded swiftly to a "situation" was when the mother of Nigeria's prime minister was kidnapped.

He even confessed to being a confused man at some point.
https://www.nairaland.com/2438065/jonathans-response-chibok-girls-kidnap#35650816

You and Buhari are only suffering what you did to GEJ. You shall reap what you sow .

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by sleepingTROUBLE: 11:36am On Apr 03, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
Dont be fooled, I strongly believe the guy and Ngeneukwuewu are not true sons of Benue state. No true son of Africa would watch his people being uprooted from the face of the earth and still have the mind to come here to defend the enemies of his people against the Igbos who have done them no wrong. The clowns are from the waste land, probably residing in Benue state. I know products of in-cestous fathers and wi-tch mothers more than they know themselves. They are as evil as the ancient serpent. My joy is that we have a God that visits generations after generations with the sins of their fathers which has already began in their land

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Kyase(m): 11:39am On Apr 03, 2016
MonPro:
why should omenka and kyase be on this kind of thread? their fulani principals will not be happy with them if they comment here. lol
What a shame undecided
What tribe are you from?

2 Likes

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by MonPro: 11:42am On Apr 03, 2016
Kyase:

What a shame undecided
What tribe are you from?

I am from one of the tribes of Eastern region, the ones that keep knocking some sense into your empty zombie Tiv skull! moronic zombie hailing those slaughtering his people because he is a muslim. *Spits*

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by dhardline(m): 11:43am On Apr 03, 2016
The earlier this country seperates,the better cause the news coming from this herdsmen and

extremist is getting very disturbing and no effort has been put in to recover the weapons this

guys use to perpetuate this destruction and yet they expect me to pretend that all is well.

NO!!! All is not well with this country.

2 Likes

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by SUBMARINE: 11:44am On Apr 03, 2016
spanishkid:
This is why I support the disintegration of this union called Nigeria. I've often attacked and blasted those who called Nigeria a zoo but for the very first time in my life, I'm forced to call Nigeria a ZOO. I don't get it. Are Hausas/Fulanis are special class different from every other ethnic group amongst the 250 ethnic groups we have in this country?

How can these herdsmen be carrying AK 47s and other deadly weapons around? How can a few herdsmen be killing, raping and destroying communities at will? Why is PMB quiet on the activities of these herdsmen but very quick to order for the arrest of 76 indigenes of Enugu who decided to stand up to these fulani herdsmen? Why was he so quick to deploy military men to kill innocent, unharmed and defenseless protesters? I cannot continue to list some of the atrocities committed by his fellow tribesmen.

If we are going to continue to be exposed each day to these blood suckers, isn't it better for everyone to go his or her separate ways? Do we need a soothsayer or a whatever to tell us that we are not ONE? I've always been a tribalist here on nairaland and a very big one for that matter but I've really sat down to think about everything going on in this country and I believe there's some element of sense in what some these igbos are saying here on nairaland. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're just talking for the sake of it or that they're crybabies like some of us tag them to be.

But one thing is certain. And that is, a day would come when these Fulani herdsmen will have no where to run and nowhere to hide. PMB do you know what is worse than an Atomic or a Nuclear explosion? I'll tell you. A racial, tribal and religious explosion is far worse than an Atomic or a Nuclear explosion. It can burn forever and it has no end.

Cc: lalasticlala do the needful

Good Morning from your Slumber

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by omenka(m): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Kyase:

What a shame undecided
What tribe are you from?
These guys, they'd never reveal a thing about themselves because they are ashamed of their identities. cheesy

Face; they have none. Real names; nada. State; don't even go there. Village; probably from Mars. Yet you see them mentioning one's moniker and Agatu all over the place as though everyone from Benue is from Agatu.

These guys, some of them over 30years, have never ventured out of their little cocoons to see what obtains in the outside world. They are just like those silly Americans who think Africa is a country. cheesy

Modify:

Omenka finally responds, sending all of them into a frenzy. cheesycheesycheesy

How they crave my attention. grin

3 Likes

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Kyase(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2016
omenka:
These guys, they'd never reveal a thing about themselves because they are ashamed of their identities. cheesy

Face; they have none. Real names; nada. State; don't even go there. Village; probably from Mars. Yet you see them mentioning one's moniker and Agatu all over the place as though everyone from Benue is from Agatu.

These guys, some of them over 30years, have never ventured out of their little cocoons to see what obtains in the outside world. They are just like those silly Americans who think Africa is a country. cheesy
You just murdered them,

5 Likes

Re: Agatu In Total Ruin — UN by Zellie: 11:51am On Apr 03, 2016
0MW cheesy grin
Buhari has finished us shocked shocked

This administration is a record breaking type...but for all the wrong reasons

Naira = Record low
Power = Record low
Fulani massacres = Record high

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p / Rhodes-Vivour: Some Supreme Court Decisions Don't Make Sense Anymore / Lagos Agberos Untouchable Because Of Government Backing – Drivers’ President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.