Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness (39525 Views)

Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days / Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses / National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Islie: 10:26am On Jun 20, 2016
The Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company, PHED, has notified electricity consumers in Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River and Akwa Ibom States that the National Power Grid has collapsed.

The Head of Corporate Communications of the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company, Jonah Iboma revealed that PHED is now receiving zero power from the national grid as a result of the collapse which occurred on Sunday, 19 June.

He said the implication of the collapse of the national grid is that most cities in the four states are now witnessing blackout.

Iboma added that PHED would source for power from other alternative sources to mitigate the impact of the collapse of the National Grid on electricity consumers in Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River and Akwa Ibom States.

He also said PHED would distribute the little power it is able to generate from alternative sources within this period to only customers who are willing to pay.

PHED oversees electricity supply to the four States of Akwa-Ibom, Cross Rivers and Rivers, Bayelsa.

In Rivers State consumers have started experiencing insufficient power supply, especially in areas that power supply was adequate.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/06/20/four-nigerian-states-in-total-darkness-as-national-grid-collapses/

2 Shares

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2016
Hmm this one don pass becareful oo

12 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Delphi(m): 10:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Lol. Are they just knowing of it now? It's been long the national grid collapsed; not just on Sunday. And worse still, it collapsed in most states of the federation.

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by 2pep(m): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Govt should invest in renewable energy, dat's the way 4ward

16 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by malele(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
Is the power minister aware, or is he still thinking to provide electricity is not rocket science.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by VampireeM(f): 10:44am On Jun 20, 2016
Waiting to hear what the Minister of Darkness and Rocket Science, Mr Fashola has to say about this...

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by ganisucks(f): 10:46am On Jun 20, 2016
This is the worst government ever in the history of public administration and governance. They are completely clueless and bereft of any ideas. But some phoolish people wiill soon come here and blame it on the people of ND for failing to turn in members of NDA to the authorities

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:46am On Jun 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin 'sad news' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I didn't iron my OFFICE wears to work
Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by MadamExcellency: 10:46am On Jun 20, 2016
We now know that system collapse is a challenge unlike what Rocket Scientists imagined.

It wasn't caused by Niger Delta Avengers

41 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by CharlesPhc: 10:55am On Jun 20, 2016
No Light, No Fuel in Port Harcourt.

I just bought petrol at N200/Litre in Port Harcourt...!!!

17 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2016
CharlesPhc:
No Light, No Fuel in Port Harcourt.

I just bought petrol at N200/Litre in Port Harcourt...!!!
you even get money to buy fuel, thank God for that alone cool

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Prince081: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2016
Proudly 5%

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by CharlesPhc: 11:07am On Jun 20, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

you even get money to buy fuel, thank God for that alone cool

If they like let them sell at N1000/Litre, we are more than capable...!!!

The devil is still a bastard...!!!

Modified

How to build your own Power Supply

This simple 'How To do it yourself article' explains an interesting topic, how to convert your computer UPS into home Inverter.

If you own a desktop computer, you may have a UPS that can power your computer for 10-15 minutes after power failure.

The purpose of the UPS is to save your work and shutdown your computer properly to avoid potential data loss and hardware loss such as Hard disk of your computer.

Most of us always underestimate the potential of the computer UPS that sits beside your computer. The average computer UPS can deliver around 600VA, which is enough to power your low power appliances such as fan, tube light, computer, television, etc.

If you own more powerful UPS such as 1KVA you can power your home appliances more.

So how much can my computer UPS provide? 600VA means the apparent power, but the real power is 60% of specified value. In other words it provides 60% of the VA rating.

For example:

If you have 600VA UPS then 600VA x 0.6 = 360W maximum output.

If you have a 1KVA UPS then 1000VA x 0.6 = 600W maximum output.

If my computer UPS can provide this much power, then why does computer UPS only power 10-15 min?

This is because most of the computer UPS is only powered by 12V 7AH battery which is sitting inside the UPS.

To increase its backup time we need to connect a higher AH battery. The purpose of this article is to make a cost effective home Inverter from a computer UPS.

It works perfectly and I and a few friends have been using this for the past three years and still running...!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by apcmustwin(f): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2016
Rawbiiisssh.

2 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by darocha1: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2016
Power wey no reach, e come still collapse again.

6 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by damola311: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2016
I'm even used to not seeing light again.... since the beginning of this year..... Failure Government

9 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by FakeNEWSevryday: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2016
Is only in Nigeria that such a thing will happen. Fashole said this thing is not rocket science and Liar Muhammad seconded what he said despite knowing Buhari with his scalar system of governance. since the amalgamation, Nigerians have never experienced this type of hardship.
We've entered a one chance train travelling back to 1983.

13 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Adeoba10(m): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2016
Watin comcern me...
Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by savio93(m): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2016
For two weeks now. I have not seen light in my house.... Fuel is very expensive

6 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by gbishman: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2016
This guys are clowns, my question to them is that have they ever been light so why is it all of a sudden they seem to amazed by the news.
Pls kindly provide us with fuel to buy and we would provide our own power bastards

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Edubrazilnwa(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2016
wetin d vex me for my syd here be d go bring d light by 1am kum tk am around 4am.this has been going for d past 1 week....power situation in this country is jst very pathetic

3 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by ibkgab001: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2016
Let us pray.....

1 Like

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Integrityfarms(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2016
Our Rocket Scientist Minister of Darkness is mute on this development!

10 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by CHANNELStv2020: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2016
Which 4 states?? ALL STATES

8 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by afuye(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2016
That is what you get when NDA forces darkness on their own people by destroying government installations and the wailers applaud them. I swear I have been using light since Friday afternoon only to fall on general this morning....

Hail buhari

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by tolexy111: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2016
K
Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by googlepikins: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2016
I smell FG sabotage . Fashola and Buhari have succeeded in cutting SS people from electricity.

4 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by TeamSimple(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2016
And so, next news please.
Fashola please continue with providing us with good roads and housing. You can leave electricity for now till we are ready to move forward together as a nation.
If you like quote me. Ori elegon lo ba je.

6 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness by Pavarottii(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2016
This government is d worst in d history of Nigeria.

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Observes Eid El-kabir Prayers With His Family And Personal Aides / Federal High Court Complex Port-Harcourt, Built By Wike Ready For Commissioning / Video: Wike And Sanwoolu Dance To " As E Dey Pain Them" Song In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.