Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,326 members, 7,850,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

Africa Union Chapter Lunched As Nigerian Youth Ambassador Emerges Leader In W/a - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa Union Chapter Lunched As Nigerian Youth Ambassador Emerges Leader In W/a (594 Views)

Which Nigerian Leader in 2019 Can Transform The Country To Look Like This?(Photo / Ken Nnamani Emerges Leader Of South-East APC / Bauchi APC Youth Leader In Accident While Rushing To Meet Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Africa Union Chapter Lunched As Nigerian Youth Ambassador Emerges Leader In W/a by LastlyFREEDOM: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
PRESS RELEASE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CO-ORDINATOR, AFRICAN UNION CHAPTER, WEST AFRICA REGION ON AGENDA 2063,
THE AFRICA WE WANT:

Arising from the historic gathering of the greatest asset of the African continent, the African youth, which took place in South-Africa between the 25th to 28th of March, 2016, the robust consensus emerging from that momentous gathering is the RE-DEFINATION of the new Africa of our collective dream which we intend to bequeath to our future generation. We all affirmatively resolved on the new Africa adorned with the following magnetic qualities in line with the dictates of Agenda 2063;

1. A prosperous Africa based on inclusive growth and sustainable development;
2. An integrated continent, politically united and based on the ideals of Pan-Africanism and the vision of Africa's Renaissance;
3. An Africa of good governance, democracy, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law;
4. A peaceful and secure Africa;
5. An Africa with a strong cultural identity, common heritage, shared values and ethics;
6. An Africa whose development is people-driven; and
7. Africa as a strong, united and influential global player and partner.

THE LAUNCH ACTIVITIES:
In order to ensure the realization of the Africa we want, delegates from various African countries gathered at the Constitution Hill, Johannesburg, South Africa between 25th to 26th March, 2016 for the official lunch of the African Union Club. The historic lunch activities included in the main;
 The lunching of the publication "I, Africa", which is positioned to allow the African Union to communicate the content, progress and opportunities related to Agenda 2063 to the youth and inspire participation.
 The official lunching and legitimizing of African Union Club by the African Union Commission Ambassador.
BOARD MEETING:
The Board Meeting was chaired by the Co-Founder with delegates from other African countries and the meeting produced the leadership of the Regional Bodies of the organisation. This saw my humble self emerging as the Chairperson/Co-ordinator for West Africa Region. Other resolutions of the Board include;
 A mandate to ensure that all countries of Africa have National Executives who would recruit and build, at least 200 clubs in their countries. This, I have tagged PROJECT JUNE 1st. (this date is our deadline for the possible achievement of the target we have set for ourselves)
 A mandate to brand and create awareness about African Union Chapter (branding)
THE WEST AFRICA'S CHAIRPERSON'S CHARGE:
In the spirit of the Africa we want, I call on country representatives to send in their plan of action for the achievement of mandate (2) and (3). The plan of action is expected to be sent in before the close of business within the next two weeks which is expected to cover recruitment/propagation strategy. However, in the interim, it would suffice if I quickly give a bird's eye view of the direction we are travelling in the weeks ahead, at least for the benefit of our members. Our focus therefore would be resting on the following;
• Breathing life into the Agenda 2063
• Adoption of the State Community Campaign
• Adoption of School Campaign
• Pioneer Convention ECOWAS Regional Youth Conference on Agenda 2063
• A walk for Agenda 2063
• Official Launching of the Established Clubs in West African Region
• Social Entrepreneurs and Stakeholders Roundtables on Agenda 2063 and campaign adoption. Of course, the foregoing items are never in themselves exhaustive but amenable to many others yet to be set down for action.
On the foregoing, I would pause to commend some of our members in Lagos Nigeria who convened a press conference over the weekend to further give a biting teeth to first agenda on our order of direction.
My Dear Comrades, with these few bullet points highlighted above, I am certain that the coast is clear for us to set sailing towards that dreamland which we have so far cherished most. We have what it takes. With steely resolve and unwavering commitment, our voyage can never be imperilled by the side winds bent on buffeting our ship. We shall berth ultimately on a safe harbour. Our success is not negotiable. We cannot afford, at this critical stage of our history, to start counting black sheep at night. We must therefore brace up to set forth at dawn.
In signing off, may I sincerely thank you immensely for giving me this singular privilege to steer the ship of the West African Region of African Union Chapter. My resolve to sacrifice myself on the altar of your service should never be in doubt. I appreciate the enormity of the responsibility reposed on my shoulders. I do not for one moment underestimate the weight of this great office. I promise to apply my whole self to this great call to serve humanity. It is equally fitting for me to place on record the amazing support given me by other Nigerian Delegates with whom I made this historic journey and include Ambassadors; Michael, Queen, and Aboki. A glowing tribute must of necessity go forth to our able Leader Comrade Collins Okonkwo (MANDATE) for his outstanding and visionary support for which I remain grateful. May the Almighty God keep us all and watch over the future of our great Africa. Thank you.
Long Live African Union
Long Live ECOWAS
Long Live African Union Chapter (AUC).

Ambassador Comr. Chibuzor S. Okereke. (LOADED ERUDITE).
CO-ORDINATOR, AUC, WEST AFRICA REGION.
All Correspondences and inquiries are to be directed to the following channels;
Tel: +2348094549183
E-mail: loadederudite@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Anger As APC States Have Petrol And PDP States Have None / Caption This Photo Of Dalung & Fashola / INDUSTRY! INDUSTRY! INDUSTRY! ...gov.rochas' Clarion Call Yields Fruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.