Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

The Privilege Of Knowing God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Privilege Of Knowing God (335 Views)

The Privilege Of Knowing God / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Jide Macaulay: "I Regret Not Knowing I Was Gay Before I Got Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Privilege Of Knowing God by yommyuk: 6:09am On Apr 04, 2016
While we meet a tremendous number of people in our lifetime, we sometimes feel particularly privileged to know certain individuals, such as a godly role model, a childhood hero, or someone who was there to help in our time of need. Still, as wonderful as it is to have these distinctive people in our lives, the greatest privilege of all is to know God. Even knowing the most exceptional people can never bring us the joy and contentment for which we yearn. And yet, we frequently chase after worldly acceptance because we forget the treasure of truly knowing the living God.

Often, people get saved and remain satisfied with this first step—knowing a few facts about God is enough for them. If they are asked, “Do you know God?” most will say that they do. But there’s a vast difference between knowing facts about God and personally relating to Him. Believers should continually be growing closer to the Father—always learning more about who He is and what He considers important.

When people go through life depending on themselves, they never really know God—He will reveal Himself to a heart that is honest and transparent, not to one that’s full of pride and arrogance. It is in our brokenness and helplessness that we discover who the Lord is.

Do you have a genuine hunger in your heart to know God? If so, ask Him, “Who are You? What are You like?” Then open yourself to Him, not for His sake—He already knows you perfectly—but for your own sake. By spending time with Him, you’ll discover you are privileged indeed.

Jeremiah 9:23-24
Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”

Philippians 3:10
That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

1 John 4:6-7
We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Time Or Money Which One Is Enough / The Tramp / It's Almost Sunset, Have You Read Suratul Kahf?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.