Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,032 members, 7,828,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT (3462 Views)

Andy Uba And Oduah Back To Senate / "EFCC What Of Amaechi?" / EFCC: What Of T. A. Orji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by BUSHFELLOW(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2006
Can some one tell me how Obasanjo will now make Nigerians Understand that he was not aware of the money that Andy Uba Was going to launder in GODS OWN COUNTRY (AMERICA).

The Jet that carried the money is a presidential Jet and for that jet to leave this Nation Obasanjo must be aware of it.

Now every one will agree WITH me that Obasanjo is being selective in his fight against corruption

Mr. Presido wise oh we no be fool.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200611106525732
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Odeku(m): 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2006
Boy let me tell you something, when you enter a car do you search everyone on board?

the answer is No
It's possible MR presido is not aware of this mess and to make things right, he should subject this crook to full investigation
and hand him over to the EFCC and let them send him to KIRIKIRI

the question we should be asking is where did he get the money from? is his father IBB? is he not a civil servant? this are question we should be asking, and I will be glad if this guy goes to jail man.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by BUSHFELLOW(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2006
Belive me he will get away with and contest for governorship in his state anambra where he fueled the impeachment move against Peter Obi because the guy went to court to demand for his right which he should rule for complete four years since ingige wasnt the winner of the election which his younger brother rigged.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Roscodaddy(m): 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2006
Obj has done it again,this case happened since 2003 but OBJ still retained him all the while,do you know that proceed of the money taken abroad was used to purchase farm implements for the greatest farm in the world.OBJ will kill us one day,where is Ribadu,let him come out and speak,now let's see who will bell this cat,according to the newspapers,Andy Uba is the strongest assistant to the monkey OBJ,birds of the same feathers.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2006
IS ODEKU THERE WHAT WILL YOU SAY OF A PRESIDENT WHO ONLY CONCENTRATE ON HIS OWN FARM AND PRIVATISING THE NATION TO HIM SELF AND FRIENDS
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Odeku(m): 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2006
I am reading up on this issue, its funny how the girlfriend is denying any involvement. my Questions are IS SHE AN ILLITERATE?
How long has she been in the state?

any LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY can call the court house and get access to the pea bargain documents. I am waiting to see what step EFCC takes in this case before I bring out my Knife and Merchine guns.

This guy should be be question and it will only be credible if OBJ send this guy to EFCC to explain. the Nigerians all over the world want to know what happen on that trip.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2006
Nothing will be done for you information Spring bank has said that no money was lost during the atiku erra that rather the money has yield some intrest. That shows you the level of how Obasanjo can go against those who step on his way. Spring bank took over trans internationl bank

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200611101285467 the man is not sincere even to himself
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Roscodaddy(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2006
Bushfellow,thank you ojare,people who are claiming OBJ is the messiah will run for cover soon as more his stealing habits will be exposed.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by BUSHFELLOW(m): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2006
Obasanjo is and no doubt the most corrupt man in this administration.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 15, 2006
This EFCC thing is just what developmental economists call "spring cleaning". As has happened many times in the recent history of Africa or China, anticorruption campaigns are usually ad hoc, and targeted at political enemies or at best at small fry, exempting the big fish, or the important cronies and accomplices of the political rulers. Short-lived campaigns and repeated amnesties to offenders (designed to wipe the slate clean) - remember Ailemeseigha and Balogun-only increase the cynicism about the next round and give out the wrong signals. I don't know why people buy this EFCC crap, all they do is harass poor citizens. Go and catch the big fish and put them in jail for 5+ years and we will believe you. If you keep messing around, all you're doing is feeding corruption.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by BigB11(m): 3:04am On Nov 15, 2006
ODEKU: How do you explain the fact that the OTA farm was the beneficiary of the crime?
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by BigB11(m): 3:25am On Nov 15, 2006
I've stopped giving credit to incredible EFCC ever since they got involved in politics. EFCC is nothing, but a vindictive tool, which is being used by OBJ to victimize all his political enemies (3rd term non-supporters).

I refuse to change my views regarding EFCC operations till they make changes.

The money laundering run away presidential jet is the biggest blow to our credibility so far. I mean, how low could we go?

A responsible leader would have come out immediately to clear things up, but shamless Mr president sat on it and expected Nigerians to stay quiet and forget things.

And folks FYI, just because Mr UBA quit doesn't mean anything, but makes the allegation more suspicious.

Very very careless administration.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Odeku(m): 3:41am On Nov 15, 2006
I was going to be quite on this issue, but since you guys are calling me out, let me say.  There are two ways you can look at this issue.

1  Obj gave Uba the money to buy the euipment, and when the allam blows Uba been a good steward took the blame for the big man.

2.  OBJ has no prior knowledge of Uba having the money, but when Alam blew he must have been briefed on the issue.

As bad as this issue sound. it's so funny we are hear discursing a $45,000 equipment. If OBJ will steal from what we've known as far back as 70s when FELA said 2.8 Billion Naira oil money is missing.   I can assure and guarrantee you it won't be $45,000.  its common to give gifts to public officials in Nigeria i've seen it 1st hand, but it's not ethical.  President Mitterand, is involved in a scandal involving payments from a major French businessman. In Italy, front-ranking industrialists, political leaders, and senior civil servants, have been so implicated in scandal, that not only have they been imprisoned or dismissed.  Japan has also not been immune to the wave of corruption. The election several years ago removed from power the Liberal Democratic Party after decades of rule, replacing them with anti-corruption zealots.  so in closing as bad as this may sound, NAME ONE MAN IN NIGERIA THAT has not accepted gifts in public office?
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Odeku(m): 3:54am On Nov 15, 2006
Big B1:

I refuse to change my views regarding EFCC operations till they make changes.

The money laundering run away presidential jet is the biggest blow to our credibility so far. I mean, how low could we go?

A responsible leader would have come out immediately to clear things up, but shamless Mr president sat on it and expected Nigerians to stay quiet and forget things.

And folks FYI, just because Mr UBA quit doesn't mean anything, but makes the allegation more suspicious.

Dude who cares about credibility in Nigeria? don't be fool dude we never had any credibility, Nigeria lost credibility after Lord Luggard left Nigeria. All this white people can careless if we kill each other over $1 as long as they don't have any monetary or investment benefits. Look at DAFUR people are fighting and killing each other daily where is the international world? where is the big brother? No body cares because its black on black crime.

same thing apply here in the state. Why do they have all the liquor stores in the black community and you go to the affluent rich neighborhood you won't find a liquor store close by? think they intoxicate us and leave us to kill one another and after that they jail us. well that is another topic

EFCC is doing the best that they can, after all the president inaugurated this tool. they are finance by the presidency or government so to say, Old Yoruba adage states you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by otokx(m): 4:35am On Nov 15, 2006
nothing
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by ono(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2006
Odeku:

I was going to be quite on this issue, but since you guys are calling me out, let me say. There are two ways you can look at this issue.

1 Obj gave Uba the money to buy the euipment, and when the allam blows Uba been a good steward took the blame for the big man.

2. OBJ has no prior knowledge of Uba having the money, but when Alam blew he must have been briefed on the issue.

As bad as this issue sound. it's so funny we are hear discursing a $45,000 equipment. If OBJ will steal from what we've known as far back as 70s when FELA said 2.8 Billion Naira oil money is missing. I can assure and guarrantee you it won't be $45,000. its common to give gifts to public officials in Nigeria i've seen it 1st hand, but it's not ethical. President Mitterand, is involved in a scandal involving payments from a major French businessman. In Italy, front-ranking industrialists, political leaders, and senior civil servants, have been so implicated in scandal, that not only have they been imprisoned or dismissed. Japan has also not been immune to the wave of corruption. The election several years ago removed from power the Liberal Democratic Party after decades of rule, replacing them with anti-corruption zealots. so in closing as bad as this may sound, NAME ONE MAN IN NIGERIA THAT has not accepted gifts in public office?

''shakes head'', Odeku is a corrupt chap.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Odeku(m): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2006
ono how are my corrupt? do I have $100 million in my accounts?
do I have 5 wifes and multiple concubines and girlfriends?
do i make policies in Nigeria?
do I travel on presidential jets?

do I have 20 plus houses in Nigeria?

boy go to sleep and let people that knows politics talk.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 15, 2006
You are corrupt because you're making excuses for a corrupt man like Obasanjo.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by Odeku(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2006
Donzman can you read and digest information? oh i forget it's too cold in London to think
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:26am On Nov 16, 2006
Make una free Odeku the guy knows the truth he is only shying away from it.
Re: Obasanjo , ANDY UBA AND THE EFCC WHAT NEXT by goldfx2: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2012
can u cut the finger that feeds you,  i bet you cant Nigeria is a country where anything shit happens.

(1) (Reply)

Government Officials Get Salary Increase! / Sss Moves Against Northern Elders / Final Burial Rites Of Ojukwu To Begin On Saturday 11th February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.