Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul (11272 Views)

Allegations Of Manipulation At PDP Convention As "Unity List" Is Unveiled / Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation / Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by fflamingo(m): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
wailing go plenty for 2019 die.
internal and external wailing grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by TeamSimple(m): 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
PDP National Chairman = Hausa

PDP next Presidential candidate = Hausa

Yet they will always have the guts to call Yoruba who has served as President and Vice-President as slaves to Hausas: when will Ibo be presented as President in Nigeria? Or are they slaves to Hausas too? tongue tongue tongue
Funny when you hear them refer to yorubas as slave, they forget to realize that yorubas don't play myopic politics.

Obasanjo had uninterrupted eight years in office. A feat that has never bin achieved in the history of any serving Nigeria president. We will know who the real slaves are come 2019 and 2023.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Sijo01(f): 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
Supposed leaders of tomorrow. Smh.
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Lilimax(f): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
jaybee3:

This face look like someone I know smiley
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by jaybee3(m): 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
modath:

You are iful!! grin cheesy grin

Imagine ooo, stamping on the head after TKO grin

I dey tell you my Sister... Na their hungry/jobless supporters i pity most sha. No meal from the centre and the leftover crumbs still ain't being spread around. Na so so wail with hungry stomach dem sabi do
Being sodomized right, left and centre.
Tufiakwa!!!

4 Likes

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by proxillin(m): 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Yet they will always have the guts to call Yoruba who has served as President and Vice-President as slaves to Hausas: when will Ibo be presented as President in Nigeria? Or are they slaves to Hausas too? tongue tongue tongue

I think it is high time Ibos go back to APGA party if PDP cannot provide a level playing ground for them. Oh sorry! money is involved: I have forgotten that this set of people won't mind exchanging their birth-right for a plate of porridge

Lalastical come and see oooo: Hausa don locked them out of convention ground oooooo, while Fulanis are harassing them on their own land with kidnapping tongue tongue tongue tongue

hahahhaa....LOL...U don kill them...

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Icemany: 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
YouthsPC0:
Young people must rise up to be counted at this convention , strive to emerge as delegates, pick up forms to contest for post zone to your area and give these guys a run for their money

People like you should be kept in a pen and fed grass mornings and evenings.
Instead of the youth to rise up and form a new party ,you are here playing the victim. Apc and Pdp are one!
No difference.
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Royals1st: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
I have said this times without number our youth should wake up from there sleep there is nothing called APC OR PDP they all ( expired politicians) but they never want to leave only because of the loots can some please tell me if there is any one holding a good post in this current govt who is age is between 26 to 30 ?? All of them na same old fools after GOD even kill them one buy one they already lay there kids on the roll so the only way forward is for all expired politicians to go and see them and be eating what they already loots no politician can vow that can say or she has not loots never not in this nigeria
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
Were Ochejosèph and Barcanista among?
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by IRserveMyComent(f): 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
modath:

With which "money" If I may humbly ask? smiley

Hope you are aware that he who pays the piper dictates the tune, Sheriff is bankrolling PDP' activities, so it's not inconceivable that he will dictate proceedings!!

Politics is money driven all over the planet but in this country, it is on steroids!!! cool

How do the "yoots" intend to emerge as delegates when they don't have the resources to grease the palms of their state/branch executives?.....Too much monetization of politics in this clime!

There needs to be a paradigm shift which unless we are lying to ourselves, is nowhere on the horizon!!

Like I opined to one Mr Barca, the time for Nigerian yoots in politics is not NOW!!! cool
its not now you said? So when do you think it should be? You think quietly waiting in one corner would compell these old men to hand over power to d youth? My dear if you dont say here am i, no one would know you are there?
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by ndcide(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
I agree with this thread 100 %

And if anyone think we will critic the APC government to hand over power to same of same in PDP they lie

All political sycophants in APC who only think APC should ignore this thread.

I belong to no government or party. I'm only for true change and transformation.

If this is going to lead to a true national political unit driven by the youth, then I'm game!

But if any mofo thinks this is to give an unprepared APC any milage, they failed already.

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by IRserveMyComent(f): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
Like I opined to one Mr Barca, the time for Nigerian yoots in politics is not NOW!!! cool[/quote] its not now you said? So when do you think it should be? You think quietly waiting in one corner would compell these old men to hand over power to d youth? My dear if you dont say here am i, no one would know you are there?
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by repogirl(f): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
PDP is dead. Why are the youths so afraid to start afresh?
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Sirsubway1: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

I think it is high time Ibos go back to APGA party if PDP cannot provide a level playing ground for them. Oh sorry! money is involved: I have forgotten that this set of people won't mind exchanging their birth-right for a plate of porridge

Lalastical come and see oooo: Hausa don locked them out of convention ground oooooo, while Fulanis are harassing them on their own land with kidnapping, whereas the futile chest-beating that cannot save Nnamdi Kanu from Kuje Prison continues as usual tongue tongue tongue tongue

Lmaooo. From GEJ till 2019 to Ipob youth for biafra and now to PDP 2019. Confused set of people.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by easrael(f): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
keep the space asap and think of what to write clearly

visibility problem

*modified*

Sincerely, I am disappointed at this move from the PDP. I am more disappointed because many youths do not have the financial capacity to challenge the status quo!

This is the reason they keep sidelining us as young people and our voice do not count! We are not financial members of the party

Anyone who is strategic and is looking to the future away from PDP/APC, although I am currently PDP can send me an email! We need to build up ourselves well enough to do something in the future.
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by carboblanko(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Lalastical come and see oooo: Hausa don locked them out of convention ground oooooo, while Fulanis are harassing them on their own land with kidnapping, whereas the futile chest-beating that cannot save Nnamdi Kanu from Kuje Prison continues as usual tongue tongue tongue tongue
I expected the South East to build APGA into a formidable party and position it to the point where it could be used as a political bargaining chip. But due to shortsightedness they scuttled that and blindly gave all the support to the PDP. They did not even vote for Ojukwu when he contested. They are now reaping the results of that political shortsightedness.

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by nkemjacob2(m): 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
Things we need to learn from the habit.

1. PDP is not ready for 2019

2. They givng us the impression that youth has no future.

3. The painful part is, the youths are been used as political thugs, during election.

4. Another painful part is, d youth stil has not learnt from the dubious act of these politicians

5. Youth open your eye

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Beetobee(f): 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
YouthsPC0:
PDP Youths Cry Foul As Sheriff shuts them out of Convention.

As the fight for the soul of the Peoples Democratic party continues it appears the acting National Chairman has set his sights solely on returning to office at all cost no matter what has to be sacrificed from youth groups to support groups ,from state youth leaders to former national officers the ban was blanket

Despite all the noise the party made about raising a replacement generation it appears, the greed common among Nigerian politicians seems insatiable.

The party announced the setting up of it's convention planning , zoning, Finance , and reconciliation committee 24hrs ago the list which contained about 300 people had only 1 person below the age of 45 in it ,the list reflected business as usual as it was packed with expired politicians, Buharis age mates bereft of ideas, and intellectually docile fellows whose only qualification was holding a political position in the last 16 years.

What contribution will a Governor who owed workers over 11 months salary when crude was well above 100 USD or a man whose only achievement in Government house was sleeping with peoples wives !

Having someone like Osita chidoka on that list is inspiring, but what on earth is Olisa Metuh doing there?

Governor Fayose the nightmare of APC and currently the most senior Governor including Governor Mimiko chairman of the PDP Governors forum did nor chair any committee. While the likes of Deji Adeyanju and co will have to tweet from the sidelines as observers while pot bellied politicians with no idea whatsoever about media take decisions.

Nigerians are suffering under APC, they need an alternative that inspires, if the PDP continues on this part of self destruction then the citizenry will have no alternative but to dump them for good.

Raising a National working committee that truly reflects the population of the party and current realities on ground is critical if the party must strengthen itself in the build up to 2019.

The outcome of its convention next month will determine whether or not the leaders of the party have learnt anything

Leaving Modu Sheriff as PDP National Chairman till 2019 will be the final nail in the Coffin of PDP, strictly because he thinks upside down, no leader can succeed by shutting out young people in a century that is powered by innovation, social media and information technology.

By his actions Senator Modu Sheriff has declared himself the No 1 enemy the young minds within the PDP and we will threat him as such.

YouthsPc0

Fuji house of commotion!

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by shiimah: 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
First and foremost, what effort and contributions have these so called youths made to deserve a place in the committee? I'm not against youth involvement in politics but to be frank with you, I have not seen any. All I see is touts and hooligans, money mongers and betrayals. The youths that should defend Nigeria's unity, and uphold her
honour and glory are busy beheading people's head in Rivers, destroying our lands in Bornu, defiling our young girls in kano, agitating in the East and so on. So why can't the pot bellied men continue when its obvious that our youths are not ready to take baton from them.
Youths, let's rise, stop acting like kids. Let's emulate, Chuka Umunna, yakubu Gowon of 60s, Barak Obama, David Cameron etc.
.... Errmm, before U quote me... I belong to Nobody, I belong to Everybody. Thank U

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
YouthsPC0:
Young people must rise up to be counted at this convention , strive to emerge as delegates, pick up forms to contest for post zone to your area and give these guys a run for their money
Are you tonyebarcanista,...the chief yoot waling wailer?
So this is the result of the so called re-branding?
I dey laugh oOoooo.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Sphinx02(m): 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
I can't understand why any young Nigerian wld still expect any good from PDP?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
I believe the list can still be altered or expanded to accommodate some youths if we press for it. Deji Adeyanju can take the lead by petitioning the Chairman to register our displeasure at his actions. I was even hoping that the posts of deputy national officers would be zoned to the youths when the convention is held in May. I am against Sheriff leaving office so soon. PDP has roared back to life since his emergence. We need him in that seat for some time to come.
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by omenka(m): 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
modath:

With which "money" If I may humbly ask? smiley

Hope you are aware that he who pays the piper dictates the tune, Sheriff is bankrolling PDP' activities, so it's not inconceivable that he will dictate proceedings!!

Politics is money driven all over the planet but in this country, it is on steroids!!! cool

How do the "yoots" intend to emerge as delegates when they don't have the resources to grease the palms of their state/branch executives?.....Too much monetization of politics in this clime!

There needs to be a paradigm shift which unless we are lying to ourselves, is nowhere on the horizon!!

Like I opined to one Mr Barca, the time for Nigerian yoots in politics is not NOW!!! cool
Lmao. This my brainchild, "yoots", seems to have taken very firm roots on Nairaland. cheesycheesy

Let us take it beyond "hon" (apologies to our hubby). cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by modath(f): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
omenka:
Lmao. This my brainchild, "yoots", seems to have taken very firm roots on Nairaland. cheesycheesy

Let us take it beyond "hon" (apologies to our hubby). cheesy

Your brain is werking grin... the word is apt..

Yoot sounds like drifting purposeless entity, which most really are!! If the real Youths could speak as one, all the old cargoes go run, but "yoots" demand for different things on different days!!!

No clear direction or sense of purpose....

BTW... Thought it's Miss Ngene's, as a complement to the IPAD/IPOD! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by chikany: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
"this one na morning" since you guys have refused to realise that PDP is long died and buried.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by omenka(m): 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
modath:

Your brain is werking grin... the word is apt..

Yoot sounds like drifting purposeless entity, which most really are!! If the real Youths could speak as one, all the old cargoes go run, but "yoots" demand for different things on different days!!!

No clear direction or sense of purpose....

BTW... Thought it's Miss Ngene's, as a complement to the IPAD/IPOD! cheesy
iPod, Yoots, yours truly's complements. iPad, miss Ngene's. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by odikimi: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
liars, how old is Remi Kuku, Foster Ogolo is how old? Hon. Pondi is how old? junk journalism
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
The earlier you discover your talent,the better for you

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by YouthsPC0: 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2016
Icemany:

People like you should be kept in a pen and fed grass mornings and evenings.
Instead of the youth to rise up and form a new party ,you are here playing the victim. Apc and Pdp are one!
No difference.

Foolishness !

What problem does that solve , common sense would have told you that forming a youth party that will be an elders party tomorrow is not the way .

Keep your grass and eat it alone you really need it
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by YouthsPC0: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
chikany:
"this one na morning" since you guys have refused to realise that PDP is long died and buried.

You guys should come and carry this SAS you loaned us he has done enough damage already
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by YouthsPC0: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
shiimah:
First and foremost, what effort and contributions have these so called youths made to deserve a place in the committee? I'm not against youth involvement in politics but to be frank with you, I have not seen any. All I see is touts and hooligans, money mongers and betrayals. The youths that should defend Nigeria's unity, and uphold her
honour and glory are busy beheading people's head in Rivers, destroying our lands in Bornu, defiling our young girls in kano, agitating in the East and so on. So why can't the pot bellied men continue when its obvious that our youths are not ready to take baton from them.
Youths, let's rise, stop acting like kids. Let's emulate, Chuka Umunna, yakubu Gowon of 60s, Barak Obama, David Cameron etc.
.... Errmm, before U quote me... I belong to Nobody, I belong to Everybody. Thank U

There are many young people in the PDP who have distinguished themselves , several if them contested an won seats in the HOR shut up if you don't have anything reasonable to say
Re: Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul by senior123: 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
These PDP politicians are jokers oo. Imagine who they picked?? Sherrif. So if I am to vOte now in 2019, you expect me to leave my house and go and vote for this man? Suspected sponsor of Boko Haram. No qualifications. PDP still thinks Nigerians are still voting these mallams in. It is like u people are trying to loose. PDP Cannot win. All the youths in Five states of this country are dedicated to this cause. We hope to get more participating states next year. Group of Uneducated Mafia Mallams that cannot even write their own checks. Mstwee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maiduguri Blast:Shettima Visit Victims At Hospital,Ask 4 Urgent Security Meeting / Over 160,000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Adamawa / DSS Denies Arresting Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.