Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure (13135 Views)

Ondo: PDP Extends Sale Of Forms To Accommodate Agboola Ajayi / PDP Extends Sale And Submission Of Presidential, Guber & NASS Nomination Form / Allegations Of Manipulation At PDP Convention As "Unity List" Is Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by NaijaNewsPapers: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ali Modu Sheriff, sacked chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was nowhere to be found at the party’s national convention in Abuja, on Saturday.

This is just as the party extended the tenure of Ahmed Makarfi, chairman of the national caretaker committee for another four months.

The extension, according to the party, is to give the committee ample time to conduct an elective national convention.

Sheriff and Makarfi had been involved in a prolonged battle for the party’s leadership position.

But on July 12, the supreme court ruled that Makarfi is the authentic chairman of the party.

Since the ruling, Sheriff and his camp have not been present at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

Although the party had repeatedly said its doors are open for aggrieved and embattled members to return, Sheriff has not been seen in any PDP-related event.

On Friday, Biodun Olujumi, secretary of the convention’s planning committee, had said the convention is open to all party members.

When asked if the party had specifically invited Sheriff to the event, she said: “all party members were invited”.

Dayo Adeyeye, national publicity secretary of the party, had also told journalists that the party has extended an olive branch to Sheriff due to its policy of “no victor, no vanquished”.

He said the policy was adopted in order to move the party forward.\

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/08/sherrif-missing-at-convention-as-pdp.html

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by lilwheezy1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
Nigerian youths we need to wake up , 2019 is around the corner, we should not allow these old fools take us for a ride anymore, APC , PDP or whatever they want to call themselves this time, year in year out the looters change but the looting continues, people in Buhari's govt are exposing people that stole in GEJ's govt while they are secretly doing their own looting at the moment , We should change our mindset and stop supporting them, we should let them know that we are no more fools, They know our problems, all we ask for is 24 hours power supply, good roads, formidable health sector & clean water, and finally a good economy for our businesses to thrive, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK ,IS THAT TOO HARD TO ACCOMPLISH , despite all our wealth , NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE SAYING NO MORE.

N.B: This is not sponsored, this is coming from a concerned Nigerian that is tired of things going on the same way since his primary school days, i just want my children to be brought up in a better Nigeria .

Thank you

19 Likes

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Seguntimmy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
wat do u expect b4?
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by ChangetheChange: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2017
grin grin

Sheriff the traitor on his way to APC

32 Likes

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by PehaKaso: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2017
grin
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by edoboy33(m): 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
sheriff is just a pained ugly mofo

8 Likes

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by ubergold(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
His job is already done. Moving forward with other APC agendas

16 Likes

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by disumusa: 9:48am On Aug 13, 2017
edoboy33:
sheriff is just a pained ugly mofo
ugly or not remember PDP used sheriff money to develop the party now want to dump him

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by NwaAmaikpe: 10:19am On Aug 13, 2017
shocked

Sheriff lost out at both ends.
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by eezeribe(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2017
APC loading... Mission accomplished
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2017
Lol grin grin
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Sultanchidi(m): 10:23am On Aug 13, 2017
He is back to were he belongs, APshit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2017
grin
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by richidinho(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2017
sheriff Is not our member

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2017
lilwheezy1:
Nigerian youths we need to wake up , 2019 is around the corner, we should not allow these old fools take us for a ride anymore, APC , PDP or whatever they want to call themselves this time, year in year out the looters change but the looting continues, people in Buhari's govt are exposing people that stole in GEJ's govt while they are secretly doing their own looting at the moment , We should change our mindset and stop supporting them, we should let them know that we are no more fools, They know our problems, all we ask for is 24 hours power supply, good roads, formidable health sector & clean water, and finally a good economy for our businesses to thrive, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK ,IS THAT TOO HARD TO ACCOMPLISH , despite all our wealth , NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE SAYING NO MORE.

N.B: This is not sponsored, this is coming from a concerned Nigerian that is tired of things going on the same way since his primary school days, i just want my children to be brought up in a better Nigeria .

Thank you
You can call your father a foo.l abi?

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by SalamRushdie: 10:28am On Aug 13, 2017
Sheriff has never been a bona fide member of the PDP he was a 5th columnist and APC mole on a mission to shut down the party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Dubby6(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2017
angry angry
I think say na Uniport Sheriffs

NgcoboP:

May u receive sense and sense in abundance this Sunday IJN...my friend quote me with an amen to claim ur blessing

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by MrImole: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Why has hypertension not taken him away already?
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by paradigmshift(m): 10:32am On Aug 13, 2017
that idiot is not needed there.
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Jilo83(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2017
Sheriff is APC mole in PDP. It was APC (Fayose n wike that begged him to be their chairman. Get brain in Jesus name.
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by pointstores(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2017
PDP dead alive

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by hysteriabox(m): 11:52am On Aug 13, 2017
lilwheezy1:

Thank you

I noticed that we blame our leaders. But its actually the system that I blame. No follower ll go thru the systrm n not end up like them leaders. This your plea is noble but many ll ignore it cos, its an average Nigerian dream to "hammer any which way". Beneficiaries ll doubtless fight you, the lazy ll ignore you, the frustrated ll agree but ll forget soon.
As soon as power change hands, it back to status quo. After all, old or new leaders are still Nigerians. Our system encourages these vices.

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by lilwheezy1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
NgcoboP:

Yes if he steals the future of my children and give me N1000 and a bottle of groundnut oil like uve been collecting in ur polling unit ,out of everything that I said that's the only thing that could annoy u, keep jumping to defend them with ur empty stomach and ur borrowed 100mb , I bow for ur mumuness
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
lilwheezy1:

Yes if he steals the future of my children and give me N1000 and a bottle of groundnut oil like uve been collecting in ur polling unit ,out of everything that I said that's the only thing that could annoy u, keep jumping to defend them with ur empty stomach and ur borrowed 100mb , I bow for ur mumuness
You need to be more cultured.
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
PDP fighting poverty.
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by jconsulting(f): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
Don't let the sleeping dog lie, Pastor Sheriff will cause havoc for PDP from behind, you will see very soon, unless another party emerge to fight APC come 2019 ,PDP will be moving and will we see no motion
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Emmaskill(m): 10:52am On Aug 14, 2017
Gbam... u av spoken well
Re: Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure by Korrection(m): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
we should just stop killing ourselves over these guys...non of their relatives resides in this country...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over Council Of State Meeting (Photos) / Judge Threatens To Order Emefiele’s Arrest Over $53m Debt / Oshiomhole Working Against Buhari’s Re-election – APC Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.