Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Tales Of Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Love (1121 Views)

Tales Of Abigail / Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo / Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tales Of Love by ashakemi: 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
Get intimate with the story and I bet you'd fall in love with it, sit back, relax and read on....

I was just recovering from a recent and rash break up. I was pretty messed up emotionally and I needed to fill the void in me with some new found love but getting one seems rather tedious and out of reach, all the ladies I come across are charmed by my vocal prowess but repelled by my penury.
I was so broke that you could pass me off as a church rat, the sort you see In plank padded churches with little or no tithes to its name.

Love in all of its entirety hasn't always been fair to me, this was my fourth break up in six months and the hurting part of it is that they discard me for a sole reason which is my outright lack of money...it starts with these money bearing remarks "you don't get to buy me things"... "you don't take me out"..."its my birthday and all you could get me is this"..."you don't top up my wallet"... its always the same old gibbering and then it all comes to an abrupt halt..

Mine is a pathetic case worth crying over, lately through the traumas and vile intrigues of my overwhelming breakups I reached a conclusion about love "it comes with a tag price and a rather high one at that"..

Have always been the honest type when it comes to relationships, am like a clean slate devoid of stains and ladies do not in any way like an honest guy who also happens to be poor, that's when the realisation of an alternate and rather fake life popped up in my brain, since the honest me hasn't had any luck with sustaining any relationship I bet the dishonest me will be quite good in sustaining one..that's when I decided to employ a new motto which is "FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT"

You should have seen her, she was well cut out in terms of her elaborate features, fairly toned skin with supple lips and the best part of it all was the milky accessories embedded in her chest, bosoms well padded eagerly craving to be sucked nd fondled at.

I walked up to her and gave my best line.... "how come you are on earth you should dwell with the stars up above"...she gave a faint smile and before she could mutter out any words I stretched out my hands and rolled out my name, I could sense how stunned she was, she shook my hand, "am Iyanu" she said...

Whenever am out hunting I try my possible best to look good, its a basic and well grounded fact that first impressions lingers on for a while so I try to give out a worthwhile first impression which is exactly what played out between Iyanu and myself...she sized me up from my well carved hair down to my shoes and I could sense that she was impressed with every bit of details.

Though am broke but I try to look good, looking good doesn't cost much all thanks to KATANGORA..with just a token you'll get the right stuffs at the right price if you know your way around the ever busy market.

Enough with the gist about how good and dapper I look and let's proceed with my new fictitious and rather interesting life.

Iyanu was a masters student from a humble background, I forgot to mention that she had streamlined body anchored on well crested shoulders, her legs were such as that of a peacock.
She walked with enough grace and panache to make the Queen Of England red with envy..

We exchanged numbers and lucky enough for me she used the same mobile phone service provider as mine which meant lower call cost but still I had to improvise a new and effective way to call her because even with the same network provider am still so so broke to afford a recharge card.

It was exactly 12:30 am on the dot, 12:30 is quite synonymous with "free call"..for me you could swap both words and it's still gonna mean the same thing..

At the first ring she didn't pick, the second was almost midway when she picked up and in a rather drooly and gagged up voice she inquired about who was at the other end of the call, I cleared my throat and gave out my name then it happened, the unexpected happened.....
Re: Tales Of Love by ashakemi: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2016
Her stern voice blared out, "who the hell are you to call at this rather odd hour" I was taken aback for some minute with a rude shock and loss of what to say..."Mayowa or what do you call yourself this is an ungodly hour to call a lady", she was in a haste to bang the call but for some divine reason she held back the urge to do so.

In a calm and subtle voice I tendered an apology which to my utmost surprise she readily accepted..."I know its kinda odd to have placed a call through to you at this rather odd hour but I had a tasking day which gulped up every bit of my leisure time but an overwhelming need and urge to hear your voice led me to call at this rather odd instant"..

This is an apology line I had rehearsed and perfected over and over again, each word were carefully crafted in my brain and I doled them out with the ease that comes with breathing.

It was a good enough reason, her stern voice dialled down all of a sudden and she apologised for the crude attitude she exhibited, you should have seen the smile on my face, I was happy, I nailed it and the fact that she apologised sweetened the deal altogether.

We talked on till the beeping tone of my battery said it was enough, she was apparently charmed by the fictitious love tales and admiration I was rendering, when I told her it was about time I left I could sense the displeasure in her voice, she wasn't ready to let go which to me was a signal that I was making a headway right into the confines of her heart.
Re: Tales Of Love by Imoletide(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Your choice of words is amazing...following jejely
Re: Tales Of Love by ashakemi: 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
I was in bed drooling when her call came in, I strained my eyes to see the name on my altered screen, a quaint and soothing voice seeped through and I was awed by every bit of it, she almost lulled me back to sleep with her voice, so sweet was her voice that my ears held on to it.

"Good morning mayowa" this quaint and soothing voice was one unheard of by my ears, I stayed mute while trying to figure out where I had encountered such awe ridden voice but I came up blank and even more confused as to where I might have met such creature.

"Am Anabel we met on facebook" if I were to start a census of how many Anabel's I had hunted on facebook it would be a lengthy exercise with ample time to it, I had a long list of Anabel's on my facebook so it was hard narrowing it down to an exact one, not wanting to sound dismissive I festered on the possibility that I had met her acquaintance online.

The power of words they say can charm even the stone hearted, Anabel was practically pleading to meet with me, apparently my psyched up chats with her on facebook had done the trick of winning her over... "am a busy man with a tight schedule can we fix this for another day".
I was the utterly jobless type who lived on handouts and at the mercies of others and here I was faking a busy schedule.

I picked out my well starched shirt and while also picking out a blue denim to go with it, it was the perfect ensemble ever, the tone of the shirt and its blue murals complimented the hue of the jeans, within the confines of my mind I said to myself "Anabel wagba" which meant "Anabel you ain't seen nothing"..
Re: Tales Of Love by ashakemi: 8:08am On Apr 07, 2016
The dread that comes with hunger held onto me, I was becoming feverish and the rumblings in my tummy could be heard a mile away, I adjusted my shirt while also wiping out the strings of salty sweat gaping through the pores of my skin, there was some leftover beans from the previous night I should have eaten before coming but the gas that comes with beans especially one left to ferment overnight wasn't one I was willing to contend with considering my rendezvous with Anabel.

The wait was becoming unbearable, my legs were starting to twitch and the sun was hitting hard on my skin, there was no way I could reach out to her, my battery was almost flat and to top it all I had no call unit on my phone but I told myself how unrare it's for ladies to keep to time that consolation alone made me wait a while.

The car eased into the parking lot with no sputter from the engine, she chose a prime location to park, the sharp pangs of hunger eluded me at an instant after sighting her, eewo, you should see her, she had this air tight body worth worshipping, I cleared my throat, adjust the sweat draped sleeves of my shirt and walked up to her...
Re: Tales Of Love by Ikdbabie(f): 8:34am On Apr 07, 2016
Nice. Ride on
Re: Tales Of Love by ashakemi: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2016
The thoughts of what to say and how to act raged in me, my heart beat skidded of its track and an overwhelming retrieve held me.
Anabel was definitely not in my league, everything about her yelled "top notch and everything about me yelled lowly runt" but I didn't give a hoot after all there's nothing to point to how deprivated I am.

I had to put my all in all into this encounter because it was one that would either make or mar me, I had done my homework already and I knew she was the only daughter, her old man runs a shipping vessel with numerous companies to his name, she was an over pampered child whose world was laced with pleasantries something I was set to use to my advantage.

Each step I took towards her reiterated the need to douse my tension and act calm, I cupped up my fingers and exhaled into it, something I tend to do when am overwhelmed with nervousness.

"You must be Anabel definitely a far cry from what I had expected, just look at you darling I almost tripped and fell at the sight of you, you could easily be passed off as a Princess Diana".
She gave out a subtle smile and her glistering white teeth almost blinded me, she had supple and inviting lips, I could picture myself kissing her in a little while or right at the spot so to say but why rush she's all gonna be mine in due time, the lips and lush body are all bound to be mine.

She led the way into the eatery, she chose a secluded spot close to the window and I sat right next to her, her cologne pervaded every inch of the room bullying the air of its course.

I asked her what she'd like to have and to my surprise she chose to have water, "omi lasan" have never had luck with taking girls out, they'd always ask for "this" and "that" while also not forgetting "take outs" leaving me to drink water at the expense of their ample and wallet wrecking meals but now its a total departure from what I had been used to.
Re: Tales Of Love by kongru(m): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
cotinu. yeepa
Re: Tales Of Love by ashakemi: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2016
She emptied the crystal clear water in a cup and took a sip from it,
"you know I could sit here all day and just watch you drink from that glass", she smiled and i reciprocated with a subtle smile.
our gaze met as she tilted her head and her curly hair swayed sideways.
"what's is it with men and flattering" she said.
"This isn't flattery am just stating the obvious"

"Well thanks anyways" she said..

Meanwhile my belly was doing a protest of its own, rumblings and chaos plagued my innards and all I could do was just stare at her.

(1) (Reply)

Affair With Richmond -story By Olivia 18+ Please / Another Naija Lady Author. / About My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.