Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning (16922 Views)

First 30 Nigerian Officers In Nigeria’s Military / The Nigeria Military Has Been Ranked 4th In Africa / Soldiers Foil Boko Haram Attack On Military And Civilians (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning by HisMajesty1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
A Corps member friend during my NYSC days whose dad (though late) was a soldier told me that the different beret color military men wear tells the unit they belong, he particularly told me soldiers who wear light red beret are Military Police. Since then, I've been on the look out of military guys and I've observed that some wear light and dark blue berets, some black, some green and some others dark red. Anyone who knows which and which units these colors depicts should pleasure share with me. Be it Army, Navy or Air force.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
shebi you don see Colonel Sambo Dasuki before?
you see hin cap?
Na that colour every colonel dey use.

Shebi you don see Lt General Tukur Buratai before?
You see hin cap?
Na that colour every Lt General dey wear.

Shebi you don see General Muhammadu Buhari before?
You see hin cap?
Na that one every General dey wear.

Shebi you don see President (General) Ibrahim BADamasi Babangida before?
You see hin cap?
Na that one every Maradona dey wear.

If you dey doubt me, consult any soldier for checkpoint.
Better still, ask lalastica

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning by HisMajesty1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
Ask soldier man for check point ke? I swear I like as my face fresh now... No permanent disfiguring is allowed. lol
Re: Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning by mekuxiani(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dark blue artillery
Black infantry
Red Military police

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning by HisMajesty1(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2016
mekuxiani:
Dark blue artillery
Black infantry
Red Military police
Oops! so this thread is still alive. OK thanks for your contribution but I thought green beret was infantry?
Re: Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning by LordAzubuike(f): 10:01am On Feb 23, 2020
mekuxiani:
Dark blue artillery
Black infantry
Red Military police
What about green?
Re: Nigeria Military And Their Beret Color Meaning by mekuxiani(m): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
Regular mostly Admin but the first duty of every soldier is to carry arms and defend the nation
LordAzubuike:

What about green?

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Gains Using Nairaland . / How Do Nigerians Create Onlyfans Account When They Do Not Support Nigeria / Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.