Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua (2369 Views)

Impeachment Threat: I Am Ready To Negotiate With APC Lawmakers — Fayose / Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat / Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by lookmangiw(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2009
House of Representatives yesterday withdrew its earlier threat  to commence impeachment proceedings against President Umar Musa Yar' Adua over the implementation of the 2009 Appropriation Act, just as it passed the N102.2bn supplementary appropriation presented to it  by the Executive.
The House also gave a swift passage  to the Executive request to grant a US$10million soft loan  to the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe.
Speaker of the House, Dimeji Bankole,   acknowledged that the House issued the threat  to impeach the President based on the report of its Joint Committee on Finance and Appropriation which investigated the allegations of slow and selective budget implementation by the Executive, but said the  Executive  had responded positively  on the matter.
Bankole,  who gave the indication before the commencement of plenary,  disclosed that   the level of budget implementation as at the time the budget row began  was 20 per cent, adding that the rating has risen to  about 40 per cent over  the last six weeks.“
The Executive has reacted in the way it had never reacted before  and I can say that we no longer have issues with the Executive.As at today  budget implementation  has reached about 40 per cent  and this is just the beginning of the third quarter of the year.By the time we come back from our recess, we expect that the implementation of the budget would have  further improved beyond the current level,” Bankole said.
The House in an unprecedented marathon session unanimously passed a  bill  in which President Yar Adua sought the approval of the legislative chamber  to make fresh  appropriations   as supplementary budget.
The bill was for an Act to authorise  the issue  from the Consolidated  Revenue Fund of the Federation the sum of N102,270,744,683 only.
Out of this, N97,370,744,683 is for additional Recurrent (non-debt) Expenditure while  the balance of N4,900,000,000 only is for Contribution to  the Development
Fund for additional capital Expenditure  for the year ending  December 31st, 2009. The  normal   rules of the House  were suspended  to give the bill an accelerated attention. It went through the second  and third readings and the House proceeded into the Committee of the whole week to consider   the budget  and pronto, it was passed.Earlier, the House  acceded to the May 5, 2009 request by President Yar'Adua  to grant a loan  of $10 million  from Nigeria to  the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe.
The loan is interest free and is expected  to be repaid within four to six years.In approving the loan, the House said  it was conscious of the provisions of Section 25(4) of the Debt Management Office (Establishment)  Act, 2003 which empowers the National Assembly to approve loans to foreign states by resolutions.
The lawmakers observed the nature of the request, especially  the emergency  that the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe faces and considering the relationship between  both countries.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=150162
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by lookmangiw(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2009
Na wa for this our senate,once they get broke,then they will come up with a threat so that the executives with come up with the ghana must go bags
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by blacksta(m): 11:21am On Jul 30, 2009
gutless and no balls the lot - what were u expecting - I am sure most have been threatened with the option of no second term.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 30, 2009
it was never going to happen.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by MrCrackles(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2009
Liver cut or wetin? shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by mikkyrazzy: 11:52am On Jul 30, 2009
We all knew it was never goin to happen. Is it the first time ?
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by chrisical(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2009
Those hungry senators have started again.This is when they are most effective.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by xyzed23: 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2009
Ok
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by ubine(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2009
Well just to make us feel something is happening

They should not worry i only blame the Millitray that have not plan a coup to take over despite all this kasala we happen no adays
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Fhemmmy: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2009
Money has exchanged hands.
The Senators have got a good package and now the entire Nigerians that they ought to be serving doesnt matter any longer.
I will like to know what Yar'Adua has done that will make them to leave the dude in the office.
No wonder Yar'Adua said earlier that, they are just all empty noise makers making empty threats, cos he knows they are fools, and just wanted what he knows he can give them 'brown envelope'. They shd continue, one day, their monkey go go market and wont return
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Nezan(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2009
Which president was ever impeached in Nigeria?
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Fhemmmy: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2009
Nezan:

Which president was ever impeached in Nigeria?

They would be the first to do the right thing.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by CGKing(m): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2009
Did I see 10 mUSD in the mix there?
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by CGKing(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2009
Did I just see 10mUSD loan in there?
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by princekevo(m): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2009
Is this News? Has that ever happened in the history of Nigeria?
All these are jst stage-managed drama within Nigerian Government to decieve their fools
which they believe we are,
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Maryam: 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2009
Don't blame them money speaking, speaking
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by cenaboy(m): 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2009
hey guys out there ,what do you think that will happen the umar had fill their bank account with huge money so don't border me about politices in in niaja let's pray to our God for better naija or BIAFRA okey!
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by otukpo(f): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2009
They were never serious.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by skylooh(m): 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2009
why wont they drop the impeachment plans after some heavly loaded ghana must go bags must have changed hands grin yeye politicians , any body hoping on these present politicians is just wasting his or her time.
they only believe that they are there to make money, chop money, and share money among them selves cheesy
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Fhemmmy: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2009
skylooh:

why wont they drop the impeachment plans after some heavly loaded ghana must go bags must have changed hands grin yeye politicians , any body hoping on these present politicians is just wasting his or her time.
they only believe that they are there to make money, chop money, and share money among them selves cheesy

Na so i talk too oh.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by basilist7(m): 6:45am On Jul 31, 2009
This is 9ja, who ever weilds the mantle of leadership alwys wins. Stop crying over a situation that you already know the outcome.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by SMSguru(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2009
Believe me, there is more to the impeachment threat than meets the eye of a naive Nigerian.

I think the senators considered and re-considered the political line that says,"He that lives in a glass house should not throw stones." undecided
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by CGKing(m): 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2009
come when next r these guys convening again? Make we go wire some serious explosives - IEDs - for the building.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by mamag3: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2009
Somebody needs to impeach[b] Yaraweak [/b] as soon as possible
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by blackmann(m): 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2009
SMSguru:

Believe me, there is more to the impeachment threat than meets the eye of a naive Nigerian.

I think the senators considered and re-considered the political line that says,"He that lives in a glass house should not throw stones." undecided

There is always more than meets the eye in every situation in nigeria. i'm trying hard not to, but i am starting to lose hope in the country. present leaders are bad, we struggle till their time ends and hope that the next leader will be better, only for that one to be even worse thatn the former. i tire.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by sley4life(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2009
i know the hse cant impeach Yar'adua
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Connoisseur(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2009
My prayer to God is this: may this money never stop flowing, a couple more years & i ll ve my share.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Connoisseur(m): 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2009
My prayer to God is this: may this money never stop flowing, a couple more years & i ll ve my share.
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by GeorgeD1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2009
same old story: toothless bulldogs! grin
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Millionjazz(m): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2009
Uoops! Am not supprised.bt wats our future as youths.either we're robbers,kidnapers,therorist,succide bombers,drug dealers,prostitutes,millitant or wat have u! BT I SUGGEST SINCE CURROPTION,MURDER IS NOW D CASE,POCKET-O-MY-POCKET IS D RULE OF D DAY,FIRE IS ON D MOUNTAIN, "LETS DIVIDE THIS AMALGMATED NATION INTO ITS STATES: BIAFRA,NIGER-DELTA,ODUDUWA & AREWA SURVERIGN STATES"NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE. We all know d solution 2our problem"divide d states let each manage itself jst as in d precolonial days".lets try another system of govt cos we've failed in democracy probably military. "if u can't beat them, u join them" joining them can mean: joining theft,sheding bloods like there's or there sons.inshort,compatroit arise o, o arise now or never! SO LETS DIVIDE THE SHIP NOW OR TILL D RIVER OVERFLOWS. Nigeria,"THERE IS FIRE ON D MOUNTAIN" nija i, iyaa, a,a. D, oo. Bt i stil love men like idris,chinua achebe,asiri dokubo and my Hon. Chief ralph uwazurike, and u,d right thinking youth. Any how kpoza 4 una. O, ops 2 u senators,president,governor,local govt chairman,even town union presiden etc and u,d corroupt mind out dere. WHEN'LL D MESSAIH ARRIVE? Beware,anybody on d street is their spy.love some of u.NOT ALL
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by Amjustme: 11:51am On Aug 04, 2009
Wondering what they were thinking
Re: House Drops Impeachment Threat Against Yar’adua by GeorgeD1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2009
you want to have your share of oil loot money? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara and the Agric Revolution / New 5000 Naira Note. / GEJ Lie In His Letter Said He Is The First President Of Nigeria From A Minority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.