Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,747 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat (23152 Views)

Impeachment Threat: I Am Ready To Negotiate With APC Lawmakers — Fayose / Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat / Fuel Subsidy Probe: Tambuwal Faces Impeachment Threat (2) (3) (4)

Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by jmaine: 1:57am On Jul 20, 2012
THE Presidency, yesterday, reacted to the failed impeachment threat by House of Representatives on President Goodluck Jonathan over budget implementation saying the concerns raised by the House were in sync with those of the President.

Special Adviser to the President on Communications, Dr.. Reuben Abati said that President Jonathan was on the same page with the House of Representatives on the need for efficient budget implementation.

He said there was no conflict between the two arms of government, noting that the President was also concerned about budget implementation.
Abati noted that President Jonathan had impressed it on his ministers that his administration lays premium on budget performance, adding that based on the President’s directive, the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, had presented a detailed report of the level of performance by Ministries, Departments and Agencies which formed the basis for discussion at the general meeting.

He said: “The House and the President are on the same page on budget implementation. Just as the House is concerned, Mr. President is concerned too. What happened today (yesterday) in the House was ironic and a big coincidence because two ministries: interior and police affairs, were in the Villa to make presentations on their key performance index.

“Each ministry came with all the parastatals under it and presented their KPI in relation to Budget 2012. They were required to state their mandates, the money they collected under Budget 2012, their level of performance and their challenges if any and then define their next steps. After each presentation, there was robust discussion.”

jonathan-reacts-to-impeachment-threat
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by dasparrow: 5:15am On Jul 20, 2012
jmaine:

jonathan-reacts-to-impeachment-threat

Hmmmm, ok. Well GEJ should try and get the 2012 budget taken care of already. I mean we are already heading towards the end of July. In another 5 months, this year will be over. Why the delay? Sigh!

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Kobojunkie: 5:20am On Jul 20, 2012
Failed impeachment threat? Presentation by ministers to the president? KPI in relation to 2012? Who wrote this trash? What does the Nigerian people, or NASS have to do with KPI, or how it is perceived by the President? Who cares what page the president is on, since what we are more interested in knowing is why he has yet to deliver on most anything? What impeachment treat?? aaarrgghhhh!!! angry angry angry

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 20, 2012
GEJ's government is the most corrupt on earth and the entire universe. He will funnel resources to the remaining Farouks in the house to shut them up.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Suntemi(m): 5:59am On Jul 20, 2012
All this to me is acting, the script is down already.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by floriana(m): 6:07am On Jul 20, 2012
I expected Mr Joseph Goebbels (aka Reuben Abati) to come out smoking against the "house that represent the thieves" but it looks like the members of the house that represent the thieves are right on this. GEJ should immediately proceed to secure approval from his wife Patience to enable him commence implementation of the budget and stave off this impeachment sword of damocles.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Bawss1(m): 6:53am On Jul 20, 2012
In other words GEJ gives a damn now because his job is at stake?

Interesting.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by superior1: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2012
Bawss1: In other words GEJ gives a damn now because his job is at stake?

Interesting.

I guess so

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Mandelaguy(m): 7:25am On Jul 20, 2012
Ministries have this habit of not implementing budgets,GEJ came with the policy of returning any unaccounted cash,that still does not solve the problem. I think a more radical approach will be taken by the president to tackle this lousy way of doing things because some of these non implementation processes keep dragging us backwards and slowing the developmental process. Like it is said,every failure always gets ascribed to the head. What of the successes? This forum has not been totall fair,even most Nigerians. When something comes out positive,GEJ does not get the deserved credit,when it comes out negative,he gets the stick.....hmmmmmm....I am happy the house has recognised that governance is a collective effort and whatever must have galvanised hem into action bodes well for Nigeria and will Make life easier for the presidency.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Ejiekwu1(m): 7:25am On Jul 20, 2012
I think this Jona guy tuelly deserved to be impeached, not with respect to budget implementation but with respect to †нє gross misconduct and corruption in our oil industry.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by mu2sa2: 7:28am On Jul 20, 2012
Gej does not appear to be a serious minded leader. So he's behaving to type by abandoning budget implementation. But mark u the money will disappear without trace and nothing to show for it.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by superior1: 7:29am On Jul 20, 2012
Mandelaguy: Ministries have this habit of not implementing budgets,GEJ came with the policy of returning any unaccounted cash,that still does not solve the problem. I think a more radical approach will be taken by the president to tackle this lousy way of doing things because some of these non implementation processes keep dragging us backwards and slowing the developmental process. Like it is said,every failure always gets ascribed to the head. What of the successes? This forum has not been totall fair,even most Nigerians. When something comes out positive,GEJ does not get the deserved credit,when it comes out negative,he gets the stick.....hmmmmmm....I am happy the house has recognised that governance is a collective effort and whatever must have galvanised hem into action bodes well for Nigeria and will Make life easier for the presidency.

What success?

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Clerverly: 7:35am On Jul 20, 2012
Mr. Sam-Tsokwa expressed concern that seven months into the 2012 fiscal year, the implementation of the budget, as reported by the MDAs, indicates that the recurrent expenditure is judiciously implemented, while the capital expenditure is abysmally implemented.
I think Dr. Abati should be most concerned about this than defending their Corrupt Government!
This Same Page Ko This Page Ni
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Biggyd2: 7:35am On Jul 20, 2012
I am not surprised, Ruby is doing his job. But someone should please tell Presi to start doing the talk I beg. Abi boko still tie im hand?

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by megawax8: 7:35am On Jul 20, 2012
Told ya!!! At least u smiled for 6hrs or so......its jst one of dose tins dey put in d news......storyline,played out jst fine!! Next!! Perhaps,nigeria will hav uninterrupted power supply by december onli to hear by august dat we've lost a production of 1200mw of production......get used to it folks!
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Redhot111(m): 7:39am On Jul 20, 2012
I don't see naija as a place were a sitting president can be impeached. Abi 'ghana must go' no go change hands again? Dem jst dey do abracadabra.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2012
I think it is only normal for the executives to stray! That is why we have the legislatives, to keep things in perspective! Things become a sham when any of the arms of government loses its integrity to corruption!
But the ULTIMATE power lay in the people.
Nobody should dare impeach GEJ o *his eff up will be treated in 2015*! Nothing even guarantees that Sambo, his vice, will be any better! If there is anything dis country needs now, it is to initiate a mass recall of erring legislators!! They r our direct representative, n ought 2 be acting in our best interest!
The problem of Nigeria, is that the PEOPLE feel powerless! Wot a shame? RECALL dem! RECALL them!! RECALL 'em!!!
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Aifey(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2012
Redhot111: I don't see naija as a place were a sitting president can be impeached. Abi 'ghana must go' no go change hands again? Dem jst dey do abracadabra.
the script is down, they are just acting. Theifs to impeach theif.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Demdem(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2012
Abati doesnt know what he is talking about. first and fore-most the Impeachement threat wasnt a failed one, instead it was a Successful threat. if not the presidency wont be reacting.
Secondly, the reasons given by the house to me is reasonable and the right call.
Implement the budget or get impeached. Its about time we all put our govt on their toes and do as mandated by law.
kudos to the house. I wouldnt want a rubber-stamp House the way the senate is today. this is the essence of checks and balances.
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by YorubaOmoge: 7:47am On Jul 20, 2012

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by lawalsalih: 7:49am On Jul 20, 2012
Both the national assemly & presidency r all thieves.The truth is always bittered.What I know is that the national assemly members just want anoda Ghana Must Go Filled wit money.Just can't wait 2 see d coming 2geder of our opposition parties 2 merge.
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 20, 2012
So he's scared?
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Aifey(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2012
This thread shud hav bein Abti reacts n nt Jona reacts.
We keep debatin.
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by jamil2(m): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2012
This is nothing but drama.
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Elueme: 7:55am On Jul 20, 2012
The concern of the house is in order just as the president is as well worried over the slow pace of implementation.... This trend didn't start today anyway and neither am I saying it should continue but it is good that the house is voicing out( I wish their is no other motive behind this rants) and this will make the presidency sits up , weld the big stick at any MDA dragging you back.... If budget is well implemented, it will serve everybody good
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Demdem(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2012
Aifey: This thread shud hav bein Abti reacts n nt Jona reacts.
We keep debatin.

Abati is paid by the Rtardeen himself to speak on his behalf.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 20, 2012
Ejiekwu 1: I think this Jona guy tuelly deserved to be impeached, not with respect to budget implementation but with respect to †нє gross misconduct and corruption in our oil industry.
what prove do you have?
or you think say them dey impeach person based on assumptions and rumuors?
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Ardedaryor(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2012
all this is noting but a pure format,all what they are tring to do is for the money in concern to go to a journey of no return *u knw wat i mean* curruption flow in their blood stream...(thunder go strike those wey no want beta nigeria)....
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by ifihearam: 8:01am On Jul 20, 2012
For starters,tell me one president in the world that has been impeached before Even in civilized countries impeaching a president is a very hard thing to do not to talk of nigieria and with legislators without integrity,legislators that ALL have skeletons in their cupboard.
Well I smell the president either sacking some ministers or reshuffle some cabinets either ways the president is committed to making sure he implements the budget and not because of the useless and empty threats made by the legislators. And for the record those PDP members that supported the motion will face the music after the expiration of their tenure.
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 20, 2012
So if ministries refuse to play their role in budget implementation- the president is held responsible.. good development! dem just wan use Joe Scape goat for everything. sha, i know say times are hard. those legislators dey broke. dem need money to go flex their holidays for bahamas.
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by YorubaOmoge: 8:05am On Jul 20, 2012
ifihearam: For starters,tell me one president in the world that has been impeached before Even in civilized countries impeaching a president is a very hard thing to do not to talk of nigieria and with legislators without integrity,legislators that ALL have skeletons in their cupboard.
Well I smell the president either sacking some ministers or reshuffle some cabinets either ways the president is committed to making sure he implements the budget and not because of the useless and empty threats made by the legislators. And for the record those PDP members that supported the motion will face the music after the expiration of their tenure.

You see, you see yourself.. . . glaringly exposing your ignorance.

I really need to cut your fingers off; Sharia style.

Another failed paid GEJ footstool.

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Impeachment Threat by idirect(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2012
superior1:

What success?
Cassava Bread
Energy Saving Bulb
Se make I continue grin

Nigerian Soldiers Show Their Shooting Skills / Garba Shehu: Amnesty International Has No Right To Exist In Nigeria / Sit-at-home Enforcers Working Against My Release, I’ll Never Forgive Them – Kanu