Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change (20077 Views)

Truck Driver Crushes His Conductor Dead By Mistake In Delta(graphic Photos) / Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) / Hanging Conductor Falls Off Speeding Danfo In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by otiigba1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
Is this for reall? This kinda thing do not happen over here
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
Priorities....
FlawlessRebirth2:
WIZKID AND LINDA IKEJI ARE FIGHTING

OBAMA SAID BUHARI IS DOING A GREAT JOB...

YOU ARE HERE FIGHTING FOR 10#...

m confused
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by jojosweet(f): 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lemonade01:
That's how you have remained single
are u okay? What has one got to do with the other
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
Grammyz:
Egbon na dis pic u suppose use nah
lol..
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Bookiemart01(f): 10:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
LOL!!! Slap him kwa? Maybe E-SLAP sha
But then, the OP made it sound like she got into a physical fight "I fought a conductor..." She didn't even fight, she just screamed.
Ranchhoddas:
would you have slapped him?
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by chulo132(m): 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
Still waiting to read the part where you fought with the man.
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by alobright17(m): 1:27am On Apr 07, 2016
Not even a single picture ? I tire for you Op.
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by ireneony(f): 4:14am On Apr 07, 2016
I'm jealous of naijasinglegirl
I hope to have a website/blog that generates traffic someday embarassed

Good writing skills though!
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 07, 2016
sonofthunder:

a fight is a fight no matter how small.
Not for this OP, her body too hot, I was expecting to see the conductor pull on her natural hair wink
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Naijasinglegirl: 6:25am On Apr 07, 2016
AWW Thank you. You will
ireneony:
I'm jealous of naijasinglegirl
I hope to have a website/blog that generates traffic someday embarassed

Good writing skills though!

1 Like

Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Naijasinglegirl: 6:29am On Apr 07, 2016
A heated quarrel is still regarded as a fight
favoured234:
This is no fight joor..
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Naijasinglegirl: 6:30am On Apr 07, 2016
Thank you. Point I am making. Manner of approach is everything.
thesicilian:
Lol. Even before I read down to the part were you mentioned your new novel, I knew you were a writer, from the way you presented your write up. Nice.

Technically you didn't fight him, but your actions, though embarrassing, was not totally out of place. The issue is usually not the amount of the 'change', it is the manner in which the driver/conductor approaches his passenger that is usually the case. How can one get angry with a conductor who says something like, ''...aunty when no vex o, I just give my last change to the other passenger just now, I no get change again. You go fit follow me reach front make I find change for you, or you get N40 make I give you N50...?"

Of course overwhelmed by such courtesy you're most likely to leave the balance or find another solution... But when people decide to play smart with people smarter than them, that's when the problem arises...

1 Like

Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Naijasinglegirl: 6:31am On Apr 07, 2016
lol
khalhokage:
Like the day I called an okada man old enough to be my father a liar, because of N20 change, something i've never done before, but i was overwhelmed with anger at his attitude.
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Naijasinglegirl: 6:32am On Apr 07, 2016
lol
Vivly:
Naijasinglegirl, I've always been your big fan I swear. Just dash me a free copy of your book na.
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Arckeen: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Poverty na bad tin
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by threads: 7:49am On Apr 07, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
WIZKID AND LINDA IKEJI ARE FIGHTING

OBAMA SAID BUHARI IS DOING A GREAT JOB...

YOU ARE HERE FIGHTING FOR 10#...

m confused
Dull girl...always dull! sad
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 07, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
A heated quarrel is still regarded as a fight

LOL not for you
The you I know might have secretly smoked some dry leaves before the encounter and would have given the conductor a black eye....

Anyway the guy was lucky
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by sonofthunder: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2016
favoured234:

Not for this OP, her body too hot, I was expecting to see the conductor pull on her natural hair wink
Lol... you'll have to wait till her next fight.
btw... you seem to have experience on 'fights'.
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by skimmy39: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
that is why you are still single
Naijasinglegirl:
I’m always making jokes about men in suit who get into fights with conductors for their twenty naira change and I never for once thought I would one day make the list.
The only difference between me and them is, I was not wearing a suit when mine happened and I fought for something lesser, ten naira change.

It was a very sunny afternoon when I flagged a keke from Alaka Estate at Surulere heading towards Ojuelegba. They were two men seated at the back seat and I made the third passenger.
Usually, the fare for this distance is N50 but the keke man said N80 and because I saw a troop of men & women walking out from the estate, I didn’t want them to contend my space with me so I got in without arguments.
Towards Tejuosho, the keke man said, “I hope say you hold change oh.”
I kept mute. I had only a N200 and N1000 note in my bag but I thought N200 was a reasonable denomination. Even if it were not, he should have mentioned it before I got into his keke.

The other passengers alighted along the way. When we got to Ojuelegba, I handed the man the N200 and rather than give me my change, he hissed and started driving towards Surulere as though he was oblivious to my presence in the back-seat. I asked if his head was correct and he parked immediately. Then he hissed again, threw a N100 and a N10 at me in the back-seat and got out of the keke.

Oga, wey my ten naira change?

He eyes turned red as if he washed them with Yoruba stew. He said I dey craze, that he made himself clear before I got inside his keke.

Wait! What is ten naira? I know how many times I have written off amount way higher than that to taxi/keke/okada drivers and sellers generally but I can’t stand when people are rude ontop my own money. I’m usually the first to wave my hand and walk away if I see the driver or conductor making efforts to spilt my money into smaller denominations or if he has a look of empathy on his face but not when I was dealing with a mad man.

That missing ten naira suddenly felt like N1,000,000. To add insult to injury, he brought out two ten naira notes and said he dared me to collect it from him, that yes, he was going to ‘eat’ my money because he bought his fuel from black market.

He walked towards an Iya Basira at the road side and sat down. He was probably a regular of the iya basira cos she served him egusi and eba without questions. All along, I was staring at him with hands on akimbo as he swallowed a ball of eba, one after the other, amazed at how one can be this stupid.
Anger had suddenly overwhelmed me. I felt like I was going to run mad if I didn’t give him a piece of mind. I walked up to him and said, “Since N10 is your problem, N10 will always be your problem till you are 80. Amen!”
I got him there. Yay!
He stood up immediately holding a ball of eba already dunked in soup and started abusing my existence in the typical agbero style.
Me, I was just shouting, “Back to sender! Back to sender!! Back to sender!!!”

I turned around and noticed some passersby were staring at us. Reality suddenly hit me. There I was, fighting for N10 in ojulegba of all places. If it were the bus stop of Banana Island, I wouldn’t be bothered. But Ojulegba? Ojulegba?
Tomorrow fame might meet me from my new novel and the only photos the internet would have of me are the ones taken by passersby on the day I fought at Ojulegba.
Devil be gone!
I composed myself and walked away.

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/fought-n10-change/

Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by MrObontami(m): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2016
FTBOY:
you fought a conductor in broad daylight because you knew people would support you if he tries to punch your breasts.....next time, try fighting a conductor at oshodi by 8pm..

Tell her breh grin
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Originalsly: 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hmmm.....NSG.... verbal fighter!...this kind writing need be in entertainmemt section! .
... is like watching a movie...3D movie...you paint such a clear picture! ... 2 smacks snacks for you! @topic...brave move!...Im almost sure the guy wouldnt be trying the same on women again!....most men prefer to take a punch than to he served in public with a tongue full of peppery words !...and all because of N10?...mot worth it!
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Naijasinglegirl: 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
Look who I found on my thread smiley
Originalsly:
Hmmm.....NSG.... verbal fighter!...this kind writing need be in entertainmemt section! .
... is like watching a movie...3D movie...you paint such a clear picture! ... 2 smacks snacks for you! @topic...brave move!...Im almost sure the guy wouldnt be trying the same on women again!....most men prefer to take a punch than to he served in public with a tongue full of peppery words !...and all because of N10?...mot worth it!
Re: I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change by Originalsly: 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
Look who I found on my thread smiley
Ha!.... on my way back now!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Recovers N1.78m Inside Accident Victim's Car In Kogi / Sanwo-Olu: First Phase Of Blue Line Rail Project Will Be Completed Next Week / Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.