Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,992 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) (37402 Views)

Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police / My Bad Experience With Iyare Motors From Benin-lagos Trip / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Amoyinoluwa24: 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
Suspected Armed Robbers on Thursday shot a conductor and a pregnant woman dead at the Ovia end of the Benin-Ore/Lagos road and robbed many passengers.

Commercial bus drivers were said to have blocked the road to protest the gruesome murder of the conductor while calling on the presence of security operatives on the highway.

The demonstration, according to reports left the motorists and passengers at the Okada end of the expressway confused and frustrated, having been on the road since midnight without movement.

An Eyewitness, Paulinus Okpere who narrated the incident on Facebook, said they were stuck at the scene for hours and that some drivers had to turn back.

"Our journey is taken aback as Okada community youths and elders block the Benin-Ore/Lagos highway in protest of three persons killed by armed robbers last night. They also complained of lack of security on these highways as the robberies have become too rampant.

"It's more cost for us as we have to go take through Akure, Owo routes" he said.

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/06/angry-bus-drivers-block-benin-lagos.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Amoyinoluwa24: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
More

2 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Amoyinoluwa24: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by temitope277(m): 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
ok
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by auntysimbiat(f): 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sad
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by decatalyst(m): 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
No place is safe in this country.

When these criminals are caught they claim they are lured by the devil. My question is, does the devil spend naira notes?

30 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by wahles(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sad news everyday! Why won't depression set in
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by iluvdonjazzy: 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
2bad
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Jirate(m): 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
APC will come here and blame GEJ, and shout Change. Foolish People, their punishment has no Part 11. cool

24 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nah so
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by emeijeh(m): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
Heartless beings

5 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Ezedon(m): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
Why should they kill conductor, I don't know what Nigeria is turning into
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by supremegists: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
The conductor that woke up this morning and went hustling has just been killed. Should these be happening?See the list of top best 100 universities in Nigeria http://trendyupdates.com.ng/list-top-100-best-universities-nigeria-2017-latest-ranking/

4 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
U can't take away robbery from them.

When Caught, please just BURN them

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Aromas: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
This is what happens if we keep elevating irresponsible leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by BigBrother9ja: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
sad
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
decatalyst:

When these criminals are caught they claim they are lured by the devil. My question is, does the devil spend naira notes?
I just wonder oooo.. This is not funny at all..
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by lonelydora: 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
decatalyst:

You see why I support Jungle justice

4 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by localblood(m): 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
Benin ore road is not save at all,robbery is the order of the day. Reasonable army check Point are needed there if the govt want to help.

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by thanki410(m): 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
You stay in the bush, snakes
You stay under water, Big Fishes will kill you
You try land out and some buffons, hair oozing , anal scratching Human will use his/her carelessness to cut lives .
Get mi ropes pls let me suspend my self pls

3 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria is ripe for legal gun ownership.

If you disagree then I'm in my house come and beat me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by kingsleymike: 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
But road robbery reduced in the past 10 or 12 years. It was a big issues in the late 90''s but seemed to have died. Why did they suddenly wake up?

4 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by goslowgoslow(m): 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ezedon:
Why should they kill conductor, I don't know what Nigeria is turning into
Who are they suppose to kill?

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by InvertedHammer: 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
/

Those armed robbers are policemen.

\

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Alitair(m): 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
Lagos!

R.I.P TO THE UNBORN CHILD. AT LEAST I KNOW AND AM SURE HE WILL GO TO HEAVEN

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by imstrong1: 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Nigeria is ripe for legal gun ownership.

If you disagree then I'm in my house come and beat me.
the only challenge is that it could get to the wrong hands like these robbers and killers that why America is still battling gun control least I forget am heading for your place for the anticipated boxing match .. challenge accepted.. but no home advantage oh

2 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by donigspain(m): 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
kingsleymike:
But road robbery reduced in the past 10 or 12 years. It was a big issues in the late 90''s but seemed to have died. Why did they suddenly wake up?
Hardship has tripled in the last 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Ezedon(m): 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
goslowgoslow:
Who are they suppose to kill?
may be you
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by austino677(m): 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
Some said they killed a driver... ... Some bus escaped the bullet while they blocked the third one
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
imstrong1:
the only challenge is that it could get to the wrong hands like these robbers and killers that why America is still battling gun control least I forget am heading for your place for the anticipated boxing match .. challenge accepted.. but no home advantage oh

Sir, guns are already in the wrong hands in Nigeria. Evidence = this article.

I am talking about legal gun ownership.

By the way, don't believe the BS about gun problem in America. Our "gun problem" is why we don't have highway robbery here and why my wife can leave for work at 4am feeling safe.

PS: you're welcome at my place anytime. In fact the doggies insist as they need new play toys grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi Accident: 36 Persons Feared Dead As Bus Plunges Into Akaeze River / Peter Bello’s Parents At His Funeral Service (Photos) / Man Dies In Motor Accident Two Days After His Wedding In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.