Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor (32273 Views)

President Buhari May Return Next Week; Sahara Reporters / Buhari May Return From Vacation This Saturday - Leadership / Supreme Court Decides On Yahaya Bello's Fate As Kogi Governor Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Kiakia(m): 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
The entire process that produced Yahaya Bello as the Governor of Kogi State is fraught with irregularities and cannot stand. Idris Wada's arguement is also porous. The best bet is for the Tribunal to cancel the election and order fresh polls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by yaki84: 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
dat one na kogi matter, e no consain me wey be akwaibom pikin.
am saying dis so that tomorrow kogi person no go wan come chose who to govern me.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by obge: 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
That will be the best thing to happen to kogi state. We in the state have realized our foolishness of castigating a God fearing man like Wada. A governor that borrowed money from bank just to make up salary. Instead of us to realise that there is no money, we were fighting him for backlog of things like leave bonus. A governor that made sure he gave pensioners the arrears of their pension. Since he left, pensioners do not know the meaning of pension again. Nobody even calls their name.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by donvicky2007: 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
Daspirit:
Regardless of party afiliation, Kogites shd pray against the second coming of Idris Wada because na second coming kill Mungo Park

Just like Buhari's second coming is hurting and killing Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by 2sydoflyf(m): 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
Daspirit:
Regardless of party afiliation, Kogites shd pray against the second coming of Idris Wada because na second coming kill Mungo Park
And second coming will not kill Buhari ba?
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Viktor1983(m): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
It's all good..
If a reduction in fortunes will put APC on their toes to deliver their promises..
Then it is a welcome development..
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by 2sydoflyf(m): 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
obge:
That will be the best thing to happen to kogi state. We in the state have realized our foolishness of castigating a God fearing man like Wada. A governor that borrowed money from bank just to make up salary. Instead of us to realise that there is no money, we were fighting him for backlog of things like leave bonus. A governor that made sure he gave pensioners the arrears of their pension. Since he left, pensioners do not know the meaning of pension again. Nobody even calls their name.
like una also don realise say na foolishness mk una vote GEJ out ba?
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by timmylaw: 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
I won't allign myself with wada's position that that a dead man's vote cannot be given to another person.has he forgotten the principle that says d electorate votes for d party and not d individual candidate.A good example is amaechi vs omehia.wada's position would have succeeded if there was provision for independent candidate in our laws .so I submit that by a vote for late audu is a vote for APC irrespective of whether APC's nominated candidate participated in d election from d onset or not
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by uloewa: 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED THIS- Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, INEC’s Objection
YEMI ADEBOWALE on March 4, 2016 at 7:43 pm

The Kogi State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Friday dismissed objections by counsels to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello and ordered the defendants to proceed with their defense after counsel to the complainant, Idris Wada tendered a report by forensic experts which established irregularities in the Kogi gubernatorial poll.

According to the report tendered by Idris Wada through his counsel, Chief Chris Uche SAN, four major areas of irregularities provide sufficient grounds to invalidate some of the results of the gubernatorial poll, which saw INEC declaring the APC candidate the winner of the election.
The issues, based on information exclusively obtained by SIGNAL, include ballots papers that were not stamped and dated but still counted for political parties, ballots papers supplied in excess of registered voters that were not returned but entered as valid results, cases of over-voting as well as number of registered voters less than total votes cast.

Based on investigations conducted by a team of electoral forensic experts, Wada submitted that a total of 172,426 votes were invalidated by the said irregularities. 119,062 of the invalidated votes were recorded in favour of APC while 53,364 of such votes were recorded in favour of the PDP.

The invalid 119,062 votes, when subtracted from the total figure of 247,752 polled by the APC in the gubernatorial elections leaves the APC with 128,690 votes. On its part, when the invalid 53,364 votes recorded for PDP is subtracted from its total figure of 204, 877, the PDP would be left with 151,513 votes making Wada the rightful winner.

It was based on the foregoing that Wada went before the tribunal to protest what he termed, “gross irregularities” during the polls.
Counsels to APC, INEC and Yahaya Bello objected to the submission of the forensic report but the Tribunal Judge Justice Halima Mohammed overruled and set aside the objections, ordering the defendants to prepare their defence as hearing commences proper at the Tribunal’s next sitting.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Daspirit: 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
Are u from the Eastern part of Nigeria?

2sydoflyf:
And second coming will not kill Buhari ba?
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by ohenhen1: 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
This Wada guy is insane. He lost the elections, he still wants to be the governor.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by obge: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
timmylaw:
I won't allign myself with wada's position that that a dead man's vote cannot be given to another person.has he forgotten the principle that says d electorate votes for d party and not d individual candidate.A good example is amaechi vs omehia.wada's position would have succeeded if there was provision for independent candidate in our laws .so I submit that by a vote for late audu is a vote for APC irrespective of whether APC's nominated candidate participated in d election from d onset or not
That law you quoted was referred to as the amaechi mischief and has been overruled by a supreme court judgement. Reason why when somebody diesafter being sworn in. The party does not just replace the candidate, a new election is ordered. Same reason also why saraki for instance cannot be sacked by APC and his votes given to another person. The votes don't belong to the party. They belong more to the person than the party. That is why governors and tambuwal could decamp without losing their position. If votes belong to the party, they would have been stripped of their position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by afla: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
The mismanagement in kogi in just a few months since Wada's exit is legendary. Now when allocation comes, we are not sure of salary. During Wada's time as allocation is hitting account, he is adding overdraft from bank to pay workers yet we complained and cursed. Now can we complain? NO! What you see is what you get. And nobody dare ask question if not Bello will order arrest. I never knew things could get this bad in koui
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Marley01(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
Abeg let this old confused fool go and do something else. His own people do not want him, not even his family members. The man is conspicuously useless and confused!!
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by obge: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
[quote author=ohenhen1 post=44428211]This Wada guy is insane. He lost the elections, he still wants to be the governor. [/quelec
He is not insane and he did not lose the election. It is easy for people outside kogi to comment based on ignorance.nthe truth is the truth, the man won but he was rigged out. Look at how many lives were lost in rivers and bayelksa to overcome APC rigging machinery. For wada, elections were not worth killing anybody for. If he had decided to oppose the APC riggibg machine fire for fire, lives would have gone in kogi. It is to his credit that ZERO LIVES were lost during the elections. That is something worth celebrating

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by obge: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
Marley01:
Abeg let this old confused fool go and do something else. His own people do not want him, not even his family members. The man is conspicuously useless and confused!!

Unfortunately God and the Good people of kogi think otherwise. This is beyond media propaganda
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Djcool22(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
OK, let's wait and see.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Vongsama(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
No be Tolu be this?

Futbolpredikts:

I wish it faleke emerges cos it was daylight robbery on his path for the election to have been declared inconclusive. but if he doesn't, as a PDP fanatic I wish wada good luck

Today is my ex girlfriend's birthday. Help me show her some love
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by hubaa: 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
There is no where in the world where a dead man's votes are inherited. All over the world, dead people's votes are invalid. It is only in kogi that APC wants to do the absurd by legalizing votes inheritance.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by nonstan(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Futbolpredikts:

I wish it faleke emerges cos it was daylight robbery on his path for the election to have been declared inconclusive. but if he doesn't, as a PDP fanatic I wish wada good luck

Invasion of privacy..she go soon sue u..y u put her pix without her consent
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by ijija: 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
For those who can reason- God has been doing wonders in Kogi since the elections. First, Audu dies on the verge of 'winning' the election. An extraordinary occurrence anywhere in the world. News of audu's death is hidden for reasons best known to the hiders. Second -Election is declared inconclusive. Third- Hiders of news of audu's death are forced to announce his death. Efforts to resurrect him begin in earnest. Fourth- all resurrection efforts failed. Audu is buried. Plans for votes inheritance hatched. Fifth- APC as a party decides on yahaya bello who shunned audu and the party throughout the campaign. Legend even has it, he campaigned for pdp. Sixth- faleke refuses to deputize for bello. All efforts to reconcile them fails. APC goes ahead with bello choice because they feel since he contested primaries, his choice can stand up in court. Seventh- all parties go to court. Eight- court ordered recount puts pdp in the lead. Nineth- testimony by gov bello team confirms that he is not constitutionally qualified to be governor as he does not have a valid voters card to contest in kogi. Big blunder by APC. It is clear that many of these happenings are extraordinary and beyond human comprehension so it is better to leave the kogi matter and wait on God's final decision through the supreme court or otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by okpor2(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
Futbolpredikts:

nothin wey man no go see 4 nairaland.So u are celebrating a gal dat left u for anoda man cos of ur incompetence?Pray that God gv u d power to be a better man in future instead!
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Daintelectual(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
Kogi is Cursed. They ve never had a good leader
You are cursed as well!

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Drsheddy(m): 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
Kogi is Cursed. They ve never had a good leader

My state is not Cursed in Jesus name.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by megaweight(m): 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
Its only in Nigeria that u see this kind of thing, vote transfer is not part of our electoral process. Falake should have continued but greed and religious views will never allowed that. Let the court decide.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by fieldmarshal001(m): 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
donvicky2007:

Just like Buhari's second coming is hurting and killing Nigeria and Nigerians.
if you're a Kogite then you truly do not know what progress means. Wada's return is a sign of God's will for Kogi State. He has started something which is almost being destroyed by this guy on IT in the government house(AYB) but thank God he's coming back to finish it. Keep your negative mindset to yourself.
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by kingphilip(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
hubaa:
There is no where in the world where a dead man's votes are inherited. All over the world, dead people's votes are invalid. It is only in kogi that APC wants to do the absurd by legalizing votes inheritance.
how about if he willed it out to someone before his death
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by ijija: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
Point of correction OP- recount puts Wada in the lead with over 25000 votes.

Drsheddy:

http://www.kogireports.com/tribunal-wada-may-return-as-kogi-governor/
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by idupaul: 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
yarimo:
Idris wada in government house ha ha na pity I just dey pity kogi people

All of them are same ..no Nigerian politician has anything to offer
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Marley01(m): 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
obge:

Unfortunately God and the Good people of kogi think otherwise. This is beyond media propaganda
I'll would have chosen to believe but unfortunately u are not God's spokesman. The so 'Good People' of Kogi, where did they suddenly erupt from? I'm a Kogite! From his part of the world, let's face the truth and set aside tribal differences. The state is in ruins, it pains me to see my mother land in such a demented state. We need help from a different axis, let us see what good lies in others and not clinging on to everything like the spoilt sibling!
Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by Futbolpredikts: 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
Na taju or jumoke
Vongsama:
No be Tolu be this?

Re: Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor by ijija: 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
You are a kogite from 'his part of the world'? Must you always look at everything through a tribal lens? We cannot in the name of tribalism and self centeredness throw our constitution to the gallows. allowing the yahaya bello govt who is not constitutionally qualified to contest because he has no valid voters card will create a dangerous precedent for our electoral system. Tomorrow someone with primary school cert can disregard the educational requirement for contesting and get sworn in as president of Nigeria as long as he has the backing of the powers that be and there will be nothing we can do about it. Apart from the apparent complications of legitimizing inheritance of votes. The kogi issue has far reaching implications for our democracy.

obge:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Tinubu Can’t Hold A Teacup’ — Najaatu Muhammad / TB Joshua Prophesied That Children Would Be Killed In USA / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Heavy Security In Court, Journalists, Others Denied Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.