Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ (16323 Views)

Benue Government Loses Confidence In FG Over Killer Herdsmen / Car Explosion At Benue Government House (PHOTOS) / Benue Government To Use Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by vorigan: 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
Benue State Internal Revenue Service has explained why it receives N50,000 Naira tax yearly for electricity generating sets from private residents and up to N150,000 Naira from business outfits across the state.
Addressing newsmen in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, Terna Francis, the media assistant to the Chairman of the board, Mrs Mimi Orubibi, said that the tax will be used by government for the “maintenance of the ozone layer” depleted by fumes emitted from the generators.

“When these levies are collected, they are channeled towards the maintenance of the ozone layer to avoid natural disaster”, he ridiculously explained.

When asked about how they intended to carry that out, considering that the ozone layer is a belt of naturally occurring ozone gas that sits about 30 kilometers above the Earth, he declined comment.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/05/benue-government-to-use-generators-tax-to-maintain-ozone-layer/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
But Mrs Orubibi BIRS boss has discarded this rumours na...
Newspapers reporters should stop dwelling on "heresay"

2 Likes

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by vorigan: 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
But Mrs Orubibi BIRS boss has discarded this rumours na...

Newspapers reporters should stop dwelling on "heresay"

chairman, her aide said it. medicine after death wouldn't help matters here.

APC is losing it gradually

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is the most ridiculous sh!t I ve read in years. What do this people take us for?

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by vorigan: 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
no light
no fuel

fully generator tax to maintain ozone layer.

Benue will soon send a man to the Sun grin grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
vorigan:

chairman, her aide said it. medicine after death wouldn't help matters here.

APC is losing it gradually

I've asked many Benue friends they all saying it's still heresay up till now... plssss is there any link to this info I want to be sure of it

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by papaejima1: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hahaha,
You can't beat the APC and its minions in cluelessness

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Trut(m): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
Cheiii... Benue don suffer for APC and Ortom govt ooo grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by vorigan: 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

I've asked many Benue friends they all saying it's still heresay up till now... plssss is there any link to this info I want to be sure of it

The aide Terna Francis was trying to defend the imposition of 50,000 naira generator tax

you said orubibi has discarded the rumours, any link to that??

lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
hahahaha...April Fool cos no sensible govt will do this

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by IVORY2009(m): 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
vorigan:

The aide Terna Francis was trying to defend the imposition of 50,000 naira generator tax

you said orubibi has discarded the rumours, any link to that??

lalasticlala

Demdem shocked
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by NwaNimo1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lol....but I don't blame politicians for this - I blame their foolish constituents who voted them in.

I've heard it all now.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Jediel1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Even d ancestors knw say dis na scam

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by seyema(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Government jus look for any means to extort money from the masses

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by benedictnsi(m): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
[size=18pt] Is there no enlightened person from that phucking state [/size]

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Sasuwa(f): 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
Benue govt. May be right see the causes of ozone layer depletion http://www.physicslectures.info/2016/03/causes-of-ozone-layer-depletion.html?m=1
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by brainbox1000(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lol
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by MadCow1: 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lol...
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
Thieves, the woman doesnt even know what ozone layer is. I think the herdsmen should explain it to her. angry

3 Likes

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Rich4god(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
In Peter Bradleys voice... "Unbelievable"
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by PrinceEvolution(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
bros abeg shift make i join dey look benue and apc people from here ..cuz am speechless..dis kind of extortion can never av justification never not in africa let alone nja..i shake my head like kilode for my nation..
seyema:
Booked
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Ijaya123: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
OP, that picture looks like the back of Alade Market at Allen Roundabout, and not Benue.

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by ipledge10(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nobody like to use Generator or disturb the ozone layer...give us constant light,and see us throwing our generators into river benue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by fitzmayowa: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
freecocoa:
Smh
These people have no iota of respect for the masses, just see what they have the guts to spew.
Very soon, they will ask for tax to maintain the clouds.

cheesy grin cheesy

Taxing the masses for providing power for themselves, the APC led government in that state is the definition of cluelessness...

The people of benue asked for "CHANGE" and CHAIN "CHANGE" they got...SMH

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by freecocoa(f): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
Smh

These people have no iota of respect for the masses, just see what they have the guts to spew.

Very soon, they will ask for tax to maintain the clouds.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
These ones are sick
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by dustydee: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
Surely this cannot be true. It is just too rediculous to be true.

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by mandax: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wait ooo,

Very soon, President Buhari shall copy this.

Collecting Taxes on genes in Nigeria can make Nigerian govt rich enough for politicians to have enough money to loot.
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by leofab(f): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
Funny
Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is an Apc state and Omenka state for that matter.

Apc is now paying tax to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by fitzmayowa: 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
This is an Apc state and Omenka state for that matter.

Apc is now paying tax to God

@bolded...cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ain't gon happen!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Fixes Kerosene At N150 Officially, Other Stations Will Sell At N220: NUPENG / Pro-Bello Protesters Reportedly Attacked By EFCC Operatives / Nigeria’s Problems Not A Matter Of Restructuring, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.