Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:23 AM

Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy (4531 Views)

See The Car This Nigerian Manufactured For N80, 000 (Photo) / This Nigerian's Response To British Man's Tweet About Car Horns Is Hilarious / Can You Advice Me To Buy Honda City 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hi guys , please can u advise me on Nigerian used Manual Mazda Premacy being sold for close to 700 k . Do u think it is advisable? And what other information can u avail me of about other better options for that price range.

Asides ,I would appreciate ur ideas about using such cars, in terms of durability ,secondhand value,reliability among others.

Again, please take a look at this Nigerian used Toyota corolla, what do you think would be the best price for it.

Thank u very much.

Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by kunlexbaba45(m): 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
I would rather advice u to go for d corolla, cos primacy for dat price is much, cos it's doesn't hav a second hand value like corolla. Dat Corolla will not b more than 700-800k. Depend on d body n engine. Us interior.

1 Like

Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
ok thank u sir, d guy says he d sell d corolla for 970k. Please do u know links through which u could get a good corolla for the same price range or less.

Thank you for ur reply.
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Mazdaenginepart: 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
If you are about to buy a car
mazda car can serv u well than collola becuz mazda parts is so cheap
premacy is one of the strong car mazda has but it now depend about the nature of the one u wanted to buy now
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
Mazdaenginepart:
If you are about to buy a car
mazda car can serv u well than collola becuz mazda parts is so cheap
premacy is one of the strong car mazda has but it now depend about the nature of the one u wanted to buy now

Please can u tell me the varieties of The Mazda Premacy there are so i could be better informed. Thank u!

Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by honmusa(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
All other things being equal I will prefer you choose the corolla but both of them are Nigeria used so u will advice you shine your eyes well ,take along a professional to perform thorough inspection before you hand over your hard earned money so that you don't inherit another person wahala .
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
honmusa:
All other things being equal I will prefer you choose the corolla but both of them are Nigeria used so u will advice you shine your eyes well ,take along a professional to perform thorough inspection before you hand over your hard earned money so that you don't inherit another person wahala .
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
thank you very much chief. Indeed, I have a fancy for the Mazda Premacy,my reservation just being its questionable second hand value. but I d do as u suggest. Thank u once more honmusa and Mazdaenginpart.

Please, I d really appreciate some more fledged information regarding the Mazda Premacy in question, if u don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2016
I am currently using mazda premacy, i must say the experience has been wonderful, 2 years now . Strong and reliable
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
I just hope it doesn't have overheating issues like the MPV.

Observe the car well. Any signs of tampering on electrical or mechanical systems, you better fly away. Infact, it's better you engage a Mazda expert.
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
Thanks Orex. @Noblehinn, thank u too......do u know what its price for a naija used clean one, and its resale value!?

1 Like

Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by ataspray(m): 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
d people advicing him to buy a corolla for 700k are wicked. even a 2003 corolla in top shape wont sell for 700k. atleast wld be 800-850k
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Nobody: 4:10am On Apr 07, 2016
To be frank i dont know, i got mine cotonou
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by MPVGoddess: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2016
0rex:
I just hope it doesn't have overheating issues like the MPV.

Observe the car well. Any signs of tampering on electrical or mechanical systems, you better fly away. Infact, it's better you engage a Mazda expert.

MPV does not have overheating issues. bad mechanic or negligence or a lack of understanding of how the cooling system in this vehicle works and is designed causes overheat issues in this vehicle

However suffers from overheating issues had either :

1. changed the fan wiring to direct and set the speed to the lowest
2. put coolant in the reservoir thinking it had gotten into the radiator and the engine but it did not especially after running low on coolant or after an engine rebuild
3. failed to fix the rusty/leaky steel coolant pipes
4. failed thermostat

On the other hand, if

1. cooling fans are run by relays (2000-2001) or bad fan modules are replaced (2002 - 2006)
2. a thermostat is installed
3. degraded factory fitted steel coolant pipes are replaced with either quality rubber hoses or aluminum cooler pipes so the van doesn't suffer from high pressure coolant leaks

your MPV will never overheat.

I know because I used to run one and I have very fond memories of the ride, which is why i hate it that MAZDA refused to bring the new MPV to the US

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2016
Thanks a lot guys ! I find d MPV ride issues quite intriguing!

But, i m presently eyeing Mazda Premacy which is y i desire information on it. Mazda Goddess can u do more justice to this please!

Thanks once more!
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
MPVGoddess:

MPV does not have overheating issues. bad mechanic or negligence or a lack of understanding of how the cooling system...
You are on point. I have observed that our mechanics are the cause of majority of car problems we have by bypassing or removing stuffs they don't know anything about.
The ultimate test of a good car therefore is being able to withstand these abuses & still function relatively fine.

1 Like

Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 10:00am On Apr 12, 2016
Actually, mechanics deliberately do things to keep ppl coming back to them, and worse still, dey r not even sincere enough to admit their limitations.

1 Like

Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2016
godwinasky:
Actually, mechanics deliberately do things to keep ppl coming back to them, and worse still, dey r not even sincere enough to admit their limitations.

The best way to test the workings of a pre-owned vehicle (if you don't have the technical knowledge), is simply to pay for a pre inspection report. This service is offered by GAZZUZZ.
Every vehicle would have issues, if the previous owner(s) does not pay attention to the service maintenance schedule, use recommended fluids or change parts with OEM's when the need arises.
NB: Look after your vehicle and it would look after you in return!!!!!
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by MPVGoddess: 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
godwinasky:
Actually, SOME mechanics deliberately do things to keep ppl coming back to them, and worse still, dey r not even sincere enough to admit their limitations.

Corrected !

Some others also help you sort out issues before they become crises, or warn you to act on perceived issues before they escalate!!

But you cannot tell without having interacted with them for a while who is who.
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by MPVGoddess: 2:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
0rex:

You are on point. I have observed that our mechanics are the cause of majority of car problems we have by bypassing or removing stuffs they don't know anything about.
The ultimate test of a good car therefore is being able to withstand these abuses & still function relatively fine.

There is a limit to how much any car Mazda or non-Mazda can withstand abuse, as the guy with the light green Toyota Camry that had his head gasket destroyed and subsequently changed his engine and the color of his ride to black found out.

Especially when the engine is built from aluminum and not cast -iron, overheating will certainly destroy the engine irrespective of manufacturer!
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Corrected !

Some others also help you sort out issues before they become crises, or warn you to act on perceived issues before they escalate!!

But you cannot tell without having interacted with them for a while who is who.

True MPVGOddess! but the dilemma is worse when one is new in a state and such opportunities abound.

Also, Mechos may know d dealer and won't want to sabotage his buzness, more so if there are such affinities of tribe and religion and language, for instances!
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The best way to test the workings of a pre-owned vehicle (if you don't have the technical knowledge), is simply to pay for a pre inspection report. This service is offered by GAZZUZZ.
Every vehicle would have issues, if the previous owner(s) does not pay attention to the service maintenance schedule, use recommended fluids or change parts with OEM's when the need arises.
NB: Look after your vehicle and it would look after you in return!!!!!

Thankx bro, but please who is GAZZUZZ, and where is he located? i find it intriguing obtaining a pre-inspection report here in naija. I mean Mechos aren't that inclined, as i think they d only say things as far as they can see.could u explain better please!
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
MPVGoddess:

There is a limit to how much any car Mazda or non-Mazda can withstand abuse, as the guy with the light green Toyota Camry that had his head gasket destroyed and subsequently changed his engine and the color of his ride to black found out.

Especially when the engine is built from aluminum and not cast -iron, overheating will certainly destroy the engine irrespective of manufacturer!

Thanks, please what could be the common causes of over heating in Toyota and Mazda cars , and how could they be prevented and allayed when they happen?
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Lexusgs430: 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
godwinasky:

Thankx bro, but please who is GAZZUZZ, and where is he located? i find it intriguing obtaining a pre-inspection report here in naija. I mean Mechos aren't that inclined, as i think they d only say things as far as they can see.could u explain better please!

Put the name GAZZUZZ in the search box. Get his details and the pre inspection report contract would be actualized (and yes, here in 9ja).
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 12:23am On Apr 14, 2016
Thanks! Sounds good!!
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by MPVGoddess: 1:35am On Apr 14, 2016
godwinasky:

Thanks, please what could be the common causes of over heating in Toyota and Mazda cars , and how could they be prevented and allayed when they happen?

Due diligence

Care and concern

- Check coolant levels daily
-Observe temperature gauge from time to time while driving
-If it shoots up, stop the car immediately and find out why
-Do not manage a leaking radiator or water pump or leaking coolant hoses
-use coolant not water
-do cooling fans work as designed from the factory
- is the thermostat in order

Those are what come to mind right now

If you do not care, you will do the reverse and will sufer a bout of overheating
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Lexusgs430: 2:45am On Apr 14, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Due diligence

Care and concern

- Check coolant levels daily
-Observe temperature gauge from time to time while driving
-If it shoots up, stop the car immediately and find out why
-Do not manage a leaking radiator or water pump or leaking coolant hoses
-use coolant not water
-do cooling fans work as designed from the factory
- is the thermostat in order

Those are what come to mind right now

If you do not care, you will do the reverse and will sufer a bout of overheating

Check coolant levels daily? If your cooling system is working correctly, checking the coolant levels daily is not required.
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by MPVGoddess: 9:18am On Apr 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Check coolant levels daily? If your cooling system is working correctly, checking the coolant levels daily is not required.

Some don't, I just cannot help but check daily personally.

Some check once a week (ideal) or two weeks or once a month.

But i trained myself to check daily(paranoid/anal retentive).

The idea is to do it regularly on a schedule that suites you!

And i recall one more reason, not tightening the radiator cap or even putting it back has caused many a bad case of overheating and head gasket change
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Lexusgs430: 10:41am On Apr 14, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Some don't, I just cannot help but check daily personally.

Some check once a week (ideal) or two weeks or once a month.

But i trained myself to check daily(paranoid/anal retentive).

The idea is to do it regularly on a schedule that suites you!

And i recall one more reason, not tightening the radiator cap or even putting it back has caused many a bad case of overheating and head gasket change

My coolant level gets checked probably every 6 months and it never requires topping up.
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by MPVGoddess: 11:25am On Apr 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

My coolant level gets checked probably every 6 months and it never requires topping up.

I did some reading, some check it every 2 years.

BUT

your radiator must be in tiptop shape, coolant pipes/hoses also, radiator cap as well, but if this isn't the case, then woe betide whoever waits that long.

With most guys here driving 10 to 20 year old cars and trying to keep servicing costs as low as possible, not renewing hoses etc... I would not recommend.

If all is good, your schedule makes sense
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by godwinasky: 11:44am On Apr 14, 2016
Thanks guys, what could be probable reason for the car ac blowinguch heat as against the expected chill, even in a cool weather!
Re: Please Guys Can You Advice Me On This Nigerian Used Mazda Premacy by Lexusgs430: 12:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
godwinasky:
Thanks guys, what could be probable reason for the car ac blowinguch heat as against the expected chill, even in a cool weather!

Wow!!! You have already bought the car and the repair bill is already mounting!!!

AC blowing hot could be due to a number of reasons. Leak in the system, faulty compressor etc etc etc. Or possibly AC system packed up. Budget approximately 150k, incase total overhaul is required!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience While Learning To Drive / Please What Is The Difference Between Camry CE, LE, And XLE / Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.