Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Tuberculosis Overtakes Hiv/aids As Leading Cause Of Death From Infectious Diseas - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tuberculosis Overtakes Hiv/aids As Leading Cause Of Death From Infectious Diseas (467 Views)

Nigerian Nursing Assistant Breaks Leg Of 98-year-old Patient, Leading To Death / Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / Important Things To Know About Tuberculosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tuberculosis Overtakes Hiv/aids As Leading Cause Of Death From Infectious Diseas by irene123: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hey, folks!
Recently I have read a pretty informartive article about TUBERCULOSIS. I was just amazed by it - can you believe it - Tuberculosis overtakes HIV/AIDS as leading cause of death from infectious disease. The fact is that the prevalence of tuberculosis (TB) has been steadily decreasing since the year 2000, but despite the colossal effort put into policy changes and government programs, TB has now surpassed HIV/AIDS as the leading cause of death from infectious diseases. One in three people worldwide are infected with TB, but far fewer actually get sick. The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced a plan to lower deaths from TB by 90%, which they set as a goal for 2030.
If it is interesting for you, just follow the link and read the full article: http://bimedis.com/latest-news/browse/190/tuberculosis-overtakes-hiv-aids-as-leading-cause-of-death-from-infectious-diseases

I'd like to hear your opinions! How do you protect yourself and your families from the disease?
welcome!

(1) (Reply)

Antioxidants Vs Free Radicals / How To Deal With Stress At Work / 7 Best Ways To Shed 7 KG In 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.