Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members (19945 Views)

Nigerian Army Releases 244 Repentant Boko Haram Suspects To Borno Govt / Safe Corridor Initiative: 800 Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents Granted Amnesty / Nigerian Army Establishes Aviation Corps, To Acquire Platforms From Russia, SA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Gboliwe: 1:43am On Apr 06, 2016
amunkita:
The topic should be "Buhari giving his prodigal sons second chance"

Soon bokoharam would be given slots in the NPF recruitment...

Anamanu regime..

I am 115% sure it will happen! This validates my position in having a terrorist residing in Aso Rock

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 06, 2016
If I may draw all your attentions to the fact that the source of this story, appears to be somebody's facebook page.
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 06, 2016
Just thinking about this, it may be those members that did not join willingly and were abducted and possibly blackmailed into following order with consequence of not complying being death.

May these type of people may be better off being rehabilitated as in some way they are also victims of Boko haram.

Imagine 10 year old girls carrying bombs that they may not even know about or have been blackmailed into carrying, shouldn't they be rehabilitated?

What about a 15 year old boy member who was abducted and forced to participate in atrocities?

What of men captured by Boko haram and threatened and blackmailed into following?

I think there should be consideration for this type of camp given that we know Boko haram recruitment is mainly forceful.

Also it may encourage some members to surrender earlier rather than fight till the bitter end.

1 Like

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 06, 2016
What if Saraki repents

Armed rubbers repents

Drug dealers

419ers

N other law offenders
? ?

2 Likes

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by alexlee50: 3:54am On Apr 06, 2016
People who took up arms against the state, killed innocent people not because they have suffered any injustice or deprivation but because of their belief in spreading and establishing an islamic state, you now want to forgive and integrate them into the society? They will do worse next time,what about those who lost families at madalla on Christmas day, who has counselled them and tried to help them heal and move on in life, what about other bombings in parks? What about the police men who lost their lives in kano? Who has counselled their families they left behind and seen that their children are taken care of? What about the military that has been losing personnel daily since this started, who has helped their families move on after the loss of their bread winnners? But we will counsel terrorist and integrate them into the society? A person who does not feel he was defeated but that he is being begged to leave a cause? He will do it again.The government got this one wrong

1 Like

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by LockDown69(m): 4:05am On Apr 06, 2016
There is no such crap, there's no repentant BH, let is be realistic. angry
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by lonelydora: 4:30am On Apr 06, 2016
Tallesty1:
They deserve mercy nah. That's the benefit of being Mr president's misguided sibling.

Your signature though.
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by cycluse: 4:47am On Apr 06, 2016
I believe is a ways of bringing them out of hide,good idea
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by zheroes(m): 5:20am On Apr 06, 2016
luvinhubby:
Chad & Cameroon are sentencing & executing them in their countries while Buhari is 'rehabilitating' terrorists in our own country.

Is Buhari not mad?
no he isn't mad
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by tonymania(m): 5:24am On Apr 06, 2016
I knew it will end up this way. I knew this terrorist will b set free @ last. These people are d one that set them up b4 with the purpose of using them for religious war but the thing went haywire (out of control). After they have killed numerus innocent lives. What is our law saying if u kill? So if u kill now u can b rehabilitated. Why are we doing this again. Nija I hail o. Those in power una well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by zheroes(m): 5:24am On Apr 06, 2016
Pidggin:
Camp for murderers? They say they are fighting corruption yet they forgive killers and they plan to arrest GEJ? E no go beta for this govt sad
if GEJ is arrested your life will continue.
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 06, 2016
This's A Bad Step

1 Like

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by igwedubai2(m): 5:38am On Apr 06, 2016
Mteeew rubbish after much killing.
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Polar3: 5:46am On Apr 06, 2016
The grass importer seeking for ways to grant his murderous brothers amnesty since 1914..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Oyimzy(m): 6:29am On Apr 06, 2016
Pls only those who were forced in to this heinous acts should be rehabilitated.

Murderers don't deserve 2nd chances!
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by SycophanticGoat: 6:33am On Apr 06, 2016
Now is the time to reward boko haram for a job well done.. When we were telling some fools that the old and lanky goat is a boko haram sponsor, sympathizer and grand patron, they never believed.. Issokay!

So people who stood up to fight for their lives in order to quell the murderous herdsmen were rounded up and jailed with requests for them to be bailed for #200,000 but some people are trying to reintegrate cold blooded terrorists into the masses.

I think Nigeria is cursed and will remain cursed!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by SycophanticGoat: 6:35am On Apr 06, 2016
Oyimzy:
Pls only those who were forced in to this heinous acts should be rehabilitated.

Murderers don't deserve 2nd chances!

It's not possible to know which of them were forced into it. All of them should be regarded as the terrorist they are. I for one wouldn't go about detonating bombs to kill people cuz I'd rather kill myself and the people that sent me instead. But in their case, they choose to kill innocent individuals. This is the highest of the demonic moves made by this administration. Now we know the real sponsors of boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by SycophanticGoat: 6:37am On Apr 06, 2016
zheroes:
no he isn't mad

He isn't mad but he's a demonic beast of burden with two horns! angry
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by SycophanticGoat: 6:42am On Apr 06, 2016
GenBuhari:
Just thinking about this, it may be those members that did not join willingly and were abducted and possibly blackmailed into following order with consequence of not complying being death.

May these type of people may be better off being rehabilitated as in some way they are also victims of Boko haram.

Imagine 10 year old girls carrying bombs that they may not even know about or have been blackmailed into carrying, shouldn't they be rehabilitated?

What about a 15 year old boy member who was abducted and forced to participate in atrocities?

What of men captured by Boko haram and threatened and blackmailed into following?

I think there should be consideration for this type of camp given that we know Boko haram recruitment is mainly forceful.

Also it may encourage some members to surrender earlier rather than fight till the bitter end.

Forget all this long tales by moonlight. They weren't specific and how will you even know those that joined willingly and those that didn't. If they had stated that they'd be rehabilitating the teenagers among them, it would have been understandable but hell no, they want to rehabilitate all boko haram members that want to repent. If that be the case, then all the captured ones by the military will claim they have repented and once they are out there, they will strategize to pick up arms again, when a southerner or a northern Christian is in Aso Rock.

We all know that this is a reward programme for a job well done but days of reckoning lies ahead.

1 Like

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by royal231(m): 6:57am On Apr 06, 2016
The innocent died in vain
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:03am On Apr 06, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Can we loan Putin for only a week?
Noo! A week is too small some go still survive, just 2weeks will do the trick#MrVladimir
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Amoto94(m): 7:11am On Apr 06, 2016
Dollyak:
Flipping hell, only in Nigeria. Terrorist should only be forgiven if they can provide intelligence. What intelligence or usefulness can a northern terrorist with an IQ of 50 offer? They should be gassed.
You're an unrepentant bigot with an IQ of -190. Now let me educate you countries do build facilities to rehabilitate repentant and captured terrorists and successes have been recorded as well as failures, but the success rate is higher than the failure rate. A prime example is Muhammed Bin Nayef Rehabilitation Centre build in Riyadh Saudi Arabia and another one is UAE. Now say thank you for giving you a free lecture
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by vickylinco(m): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2016
luvinhubby:
Chad & Cameroon are sentencing & executing them in their countries while Buhari is 'rehabilitating' terrorists in our own country.

Is Buhari not mad?
tell that to your lawmakers. Nigerian judiciary do not support that. I wish it can be changed. people go kill, and amnesty will still be siding them
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 06, 2016
Which one be REPENTANT again?
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by SOPIGO: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2016
Can u guys see d link, after Boko Haram boss came came out with a video that d end has come that is Job has finished, Buhari job is just started buy building Rehabilitation camp for his foot soldiers. May d soul of d killed Boko Haram victim & d struggle of d displayed victim catch up with APC chieftain or whoever pioneer BH. but Buhari action wrt this is making his name smelling as regards to Boko Haram.
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Dollyak(f): 7:46am On Apr 06, 2016
Amoto94:
You're an unrepentant bigot with an IQ of -190. Now let me educate you countries do build facilities to rehabilitate repentant and captured terrorists and successes have been recorded as well as failures, but the success rate is higher than the failure rate. A prime example is Muhammed Bin Nayef Rehabilitation Centre build in Riyadh Saudi Arabia and another one is UAE. Now say thank you for giving you a free lecture
As usual, an emotional rants from a typical northerner. I don't even need to reply to your gibberish. Tell me one major terrorist group that has been rehabilitated without use
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:46am On Apr 06, 2016
One question :Nnamdi Kanu and Boko Haram, who is a more dangerous threat to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by tiredface: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2016
WHATEVER WORKS FOR THEM, ITS THEIR ABOKKII BROTHERS
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Glorealluv(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2016
No b dia pple dem b, no b dem dey use dem, soon nw dey would say de'v all repent nd dey r in dia camp,dose murderers, after dey'v used dem 2 kill innocent pple nw dey r telling us dey r repenting nd dts hw dey will go without punishment.
I WEEP FOR NIGERIA MY COUNTRY
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by alaskido(m): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2016
These BOKO HARAM people no dey repent o. They are not Christians who repent o. These fanatics no get repentant for their dictionary o. They are not like Niger Delta militants who have human feelings o.

These Army men self no dey use their brain. All the military training una acquire na waste. You are preparing a new breeding camp for them to strike back again o. Please use your tongue to count your teeth o. Them no dey deceive Ashawo f**k twice o.
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 06, 2016
luvinhubby:

Is Buhari not mad?

He cannot fight himself.
Re: Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members by Amoto94(m): 9:24am On Apr 06, 2016
Dollyak:

As usual, an emotional rants from a typical northerner. I don't even need to reply to your gibberish. Tell me one major terrorist group that has been rehabilitated without use
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Care_Rehabilitation_Center visit this link to cure yourself from this disease of ignorance. And don't forget to thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Averts Diplomatic Row With Turkey Over Extradition Requests – Mr. Onyeama / FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education / Magu's Lawyer Reacts To Bawa's Appointment. Says 'Justice Has Not Been Served'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.