Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,530 members, 7,812,647 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education (19923 Views)

Restructuring: EFCC Chair, Olukoyede Appoints Chief Of Staff, Zonal Directors / Breaking News: President-elect Appoints Chief Of Staff / Ganduje Appoints Emir Sanusi As Chairman Council Of Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by kahal29: 1:09pm On May 31, 2019
Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Chief Emeka Ngige has been appointed the Chairman of Nigeria’s Council of Legal Education.

The learned silk was inaugurated as Chairman of the Council on the 28th day of May, 2019.

The Council is established by virtue of the Legal Education Act, 1962 which later became the Legal Education (Consolidation etc) Act, 1976 Contained in CAP L. 10, Volume 8, LFN, 2004, and tasked with the responsibility of educating law graduates to be noble lawyers of the bar.

It is responsible for the issuance of qualifying certificates to persons qualified for call to the bar, and such other functions incidental to the general function of the Council.

The Chairman is usually appointed by the Federal Government on the recommendation of the Attorney General of the Federation.

Other members of the Council are Attorney General of all the states (and in the absence of a State Attorney General, the Solicitor General); a representative of the Federal Ministry of Justice appointed by the Federal Attorney General; Heads of Faculty of Law of recognised universities in Nigeria, whose course of legal studies is approved by Council as sufficient qualification for admission to the Law School [Dean of accredited faculties of law automatically get appointed to the CLE]; President of the NBA; 15 persons entitled to practise as legal practitioners in Nigeria of not less than 10 years post call selected by NBA; [15 members of the bar, 10yr post call.]; the Director General of the Law School; and two authors of published learned works in the field of law appointed by the Federal Attorney General.

The learned silk is the Principal Partner of one of Nigeria’s leading Law Firms, Emeka & Ngige & Co (Legal practitioners).

He is a distinguished Bar Leader and outstanding legal luminary. He is a brother to Chris Ngige, the immediate past Minister of Labour.

https://thenigerialawyer.com/fg-appoints-chief-emeka-ngige-san-as-chairman-council-of-legal-education/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by F3dan: 1:09pm On May 31, 2019
Good.
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by PEPPERified: 1:12pm On May 31, 2019
Well deserved. even though I don't like the man, He is an astute advocate.

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Davash222(m): 1:17pm On May 31, 2019
PEPPERified:
The man don't like you either.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by ainas247: 1:25pm On May 31, 2019
shocked
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Amalekki: 1:27pm On May 31, 2019
Great appointment
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Eliteklaus(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2019
Nepotism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by fk001(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2019
PEPPERified:

Emeka Ngige is different from Chris Ngige

Government of the igbos by the igbos and for the igbos.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Mystiquefia: 1:27pm On May 31, 2019
What?? Igbo? What happened to yoruba or hausa/fulani? I regret voting buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Casptainspecial: 1:28pm On May 31, 2019
Govt of inclusive

One NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by sammyj: 1:28pm On May 31, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Ayoefa: 1:31pm On May 31, 2019
NO complaints now about this one, just wait till the next one is not from their area then come see wailing and crying as if the world is coming to an end.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by AroOkigbo(m): 1:31pm On May 31, 2019
Davash222:

The man don't like you either.
doesn't
I know it may be a typo.

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Kendumazy(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2019
Appointment here and there and no real changes.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-quality-8gb-atm
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by GYBABA(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2019
Mystiquefia:
What?? Igbo? What happened to yoruba or fulani? I regret voting buhari.

Nna ehn people like you dey amaze me well.
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by victor8269: 1:34pm On May 31, 2019
Uncle, go on and make us proud!

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by ideylaff: 1:35pm On May 31, 2019
Kendumazy:
Appointment here and there and no real changes.

I just dont get it.... it like the country has more non purpose waste parastals feeding on goverment funds..... with no real value added....

everyone has a role.... doing what ? Milestone defined.....None
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Mopolchi: 1:35pm On May 31, 2019
Dem don settle ngige brother
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Kendumazy(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2019
ideylaff:

I just dont get it.... it like the country has more non purpose waste parastals feeding on goverment funds..... with no real value added....

everyone has a role.... doing what ? Milestone defined.....None

I just tire!
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by aero1: 1:40pm On May 31, 2019
Flat headed pipul are not wailing, who knows why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by deji17: 1:41pm On May 31, 2019
Okechukwu Buhari again? This Islamisation and victimisation of Igbos is real...
I mean, dont beleive it.
Meanwhile, 2Nd Niger Bridge is loading and Atiku is cumming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:48pm On May 31, 2019
umar abubakar appointed as legal educational board- Igbo nepotism

Adebayo adewunmi- Igbo another afonja

Emeka Ngige- Igbo well deserved

this shows these people wailing is just about their region interest just like every other tribes in Nigeria, but their wailing against Yoruba aligning for their own interest still baffle me till date

all human being are egocentric politically, that's the bitter truth

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by phorget(m): 1:54pm On May 31, 2019
Chairman, Council of Legal Education. So definitely there must be an Illegal Education somewhere.
Appointment that has no direct effect on our educational system. rubbish.

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by flemsy15(m): 1:59pm On May 31, 2019
Mystiquefia:
What?? Igbo? What happened to yoruba or hausa/fulani? I regret voting buhari.
com carry if u wan carry, dat one Na position? Na d first time I dey hear about am self

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by cr7lomo: 2:05pm On May 31, 2019
Nonsense....that one follow for appointment
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Venerable612(m): 2:07pm On May 31, 2019
phorget:
Chairman, Council of Legal Education. So definitely there must be an Illegal Education somewhere.
Appointment that has no direct effect on our educational system. rubbish.

That’s wrong.

That body is responsible for the tutelage of All Lawyers in Nigeria.

The Bar finals is such a big deal for law students - you should ask around if you have friends studying law.

It has a direct effect on your life - lawyers mostly go on to become your law makers, governors, VPs, solicitors - if you are privileged to buy a house, or a car or sign a contract, they would make this happen for you. They are also your advocate when you are involved in any legal tussle.

I think it’s in your best interest they receive the right tutelage.

4 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by Runaway: 2:10pm On May 31, 2019
Ok
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by jrusky(m): 2:45pm On May 31, 2019
Pls where did fed govt are getting all these useless portfolio from?

Chairman of blabla this chairman blabla that. When it comes to useless portfolio the South can head it, then Buhari can trust the South isn't? But when it come to better and important portfolio fed govt can't trust the South isn't
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:51pm On May 31, 2019
fk001:

Emeka Ngige is different from Chris Ngige

Government of the igbos by the igbos and for the igbos.

abi na u will hear some folks still say igbos are marginalized... see na ngige elder don pave way for d younger
Re: FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education by dheaven: 3:28pm On May 31, 2019
First appointment Igbo so they will not complain when the main appointments rolls in.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Proscribe Al-majiri, Others / Peter Obi In Town Hall Meeting With Ondo Youths And Students / APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.