Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Must Read: An Xmas Paintjob, A Ladder & Other Things... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Must Read: An Xmas Paintjob, A Ladder & Other Things... (443 Views)

Er0tica: Xmas In November! / The Ladder Of Success / Fiston Mwanza Mujila Bagged The Etisalat Book Prize For ‘tram83’ – Read An Excer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: An Xmas Paintjob, A Ladder & Other Things... by noblepassmercy: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
"Okay. I'm coming." followed my final reply to Chidinma, as I began dropping my phone from my ear. I wasn't feeling wonderful about my response as I was really very busy with my project report and needed no distractions whatsoever. I was already very far behind schedule, and with rumours filtering from school that a first review will be happening as early as January, I barely had any reason to celebrate Xmas as required. I had already told my people I wasn't coming home, so no one was exactly expecting me anymore. I was going to remain alone to face my immediate task squarely. And of course, any graduate engineer would tell you this period is usually the most trying of times of their training days in school. From a rather strenuous search for a project focus/title to a reoccurring pursuit for said title to be approved by your personal supervisor. Then follows the tedious research and subsequent writing/typing while still seeking approval for each chapter/section completed. It was just a burden too bulky to bear, and I haven't even mentioned how much financial resources that would inevitably get consumed by the long process! So ordinarily, the weight of requirement was just enough to crush you, without even a tinge of pity. In fact, seeing myself sat on my reading desk in my one-room studio apartment , with 25th December just barely 14 hours away, was in itself, something staggering!

As I slid into my rubber slip-ons to head to Denis' apartment, I wondered why I hadn't been informed about what they wanted me to do, earlier enough. Chidinma is Denis' wife and Denis is basically the only best friend I have ever had in my life. They live in the block of flats just behind my apartment; we are neighbours. In fact, Denis and I used to share the current place I stay now, and that was before he got married. We had first met in an exam hall during my first ever JAMB exam. I was 16 then, and he was 22. He was already a pretty independent dude given he just got his 'freedom' from a salesman he served as an apprentice for about four years. But he really was more interested in getting back to school after his parents forced him into learning a trade he wasn't ready for.

Continue reading Here: http://trendope.com/2016/04/must-read-an-xmas-paintjob-a-ladder-other-things/

(1) (Reply)

Positive Manifestation / Must Read : The Legend Of The S .a .i .n .t .s … Part 4 / Unilag For Humanity Pic-fic Series: Dumbulu’s Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.