Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,727 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard (34893 Views)

Atiku To Saraki, Amaechi, Goje: Return To PDP, Rebuild Nigeria. / "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu / Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by bashydemy(m): 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Which forgery allegations? Abegi park well. There are lots of senators in the PDP qualified to be Senate President but they will obviously leave it for those in the north central zone. The APC has got nothing on Ekweremadu.if Saraki eventually goes his successor would either be PDP or new PDP
hahaha sorry keep dreaming, the same way you and your likes are saying Saraki is going no where and now you are looking for alternative for him in PDP when you are seeing the hand writing on the wall already. Again just give me one PDP senator name that will come out for the post of Senate presidency...

4 Likes

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by senatorbayor(m): 11:24am On Apr 06, 2016
seunmsg:

Forget about the media grandstanding by PDP, another APC senator will take over once Saraki finally eats the humble pie. PDP will NEVER produce the senate president in this eight assembly so, stop dreaming about it.

How did you arrive at your conclusion. Cos same way APC leadership said Saraki and Dongara wont be SP and speaker.
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by skies(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2016
Well.. I notice igbos love to support anything anti Buhari or anything anti APC.. My thought though

2 Likes

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by skies(m): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
Why are we Igbos the only one supporting Saraki? Even his people in Kwara state oppose him, but t is only we Igbos that are supporting him

Igbos love to support anything against Buhari, North or North.. Even if it's evil

5 Likes

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by bashydemy(m): 11:28am On Apr 06, 2016
KissCODE:
lolzzzz there is no senator in that red chember who cant lead the senate.
Senator Ike Ekweremadu & Senator Abaribe are old in the National assembly they know the game very well... Not to talk of Senator David Mark.

Buhari is the one that is scared of working with a PDP led National Assembly. He knows nothing, he wants only those that can cover his pooh.

Look at the mess we are in today in oil sector because of “amaturish“ childlike inconsistency from Uncle Ajala‘s government. He knows if PDP leads the senate he must come to defend himself on the issue of hardship fuel scasity has created.

Am waiting the movie the begin.
Can you give me name of any opposition party member that lead the Senate during PDP era? Since that did not happe it can't happen in this dispensation. Is either APC member or no one.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by KaptaynKush: 11:29am On Apr 06, 2016
*crookola* I Like That Coinage

2 Likes

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by rusher14: 11:35am On Apr 06, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Which forgery allegations? Abegi park well. There are lots of senators in the PDP qualified to be Senate President but they will obviously leave it for those in the north central zone. The APC has got nothing on Ekweremadu.if Saraki eventually goes his successor would either be PDP or new PDP

Why do you guys always choose to hang your horse?

As you did Metuh, Kanu etc. Now it is Ekwueremadu's criminal act of forgery, for which he'll rather find a 'political' solution to, that you wish to have him face.

Believe me, Ekweremadu is aware that this game is beyond him and if Saraki could be hung to dry he would be treated worse than a tampon (non-reusable).

Abeg, allow the man live in peace.

Don't push him to perdition.

The game would never end well for him. Even if the group plays gentle know they are only playing possum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by cktheluckyman: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2016
rusher14:

Why do you guys always choose to hang your horse?

As you did Metuh, Kanu etc. Now it is Ekwueremadu's criminal act of forgery, for which he'll rather find a 'political' solution to, that you wish to have him face.

Believe me, Ekweremadu is aware that this game is beyond him and if Saraki could be hung to dry he would be treated worse than a tampon (non-reusable).

Abeg, allow the man live in peace.

Don't push him to perdition.

The game would never end well for him. Even if the group plays gentle know they are only playing possum.

Empty noise.If the APC had anything concrete on Ekweremadu he would have even been in a hotter position than Saraki today.
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by rusher14: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Empty noise.If the APC had anything concrete on Ekweremadu he would have even been in a hotter position than Saraki today.

My brother, don't call it witch-hunting when it is expedited.

I would save this space for future reference.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by shugaboy6102(m): 11:48am On Apr 06, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
Why are we Igbos the only one supporting Saraki? Even his people in Kwara state oppose him, but t is only we Igbos that are supporting him
Nna pls how many igbos are supporting him.is it those @ main market onicha or the ones in Aba or those in Alaba abi the ones in Kano.Just because of a minute few not up to 100 selfish people should not give a basis for an assertion that a whole people are supporting him.And besides who Saraki don help for igbo land.I will keep saying it that all our corrupt politicians are all brothers and sisters because they share the same idiology to destroy and loot Nigeria,they dine and wine @ the Top and Laugh together and allow us to fight over petty issues.99% of our politicians don't even know our names or give a damn about us so why do we keep fighting for a politician just because he comes from our Zone or shares a tribal identity with us and never gives a damn about our well being or progress.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by bremmery: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2016
Eboski:
PDP ti take over....
this will be back to back to APC...
but on my own view I will advise PDP to allow APC take over the Senate since they are the majority and also the ruling party. so that peace will be..

my own opinion..........
I am looking forward to seeing any candidate PDP will present that will not have one problem with corruption so far all of are past office holder. it is better PDP allows APC to have their way and let the country move forward. All of them in that National Assembly are corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by bremmery: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2016
Eboski:
PDP ti take over....
this will be back to back to APC...
but on my own view I will advise PDP to allow APC take over the Senate since they are the majority and also the ruling party. so that peace will be..

my own opinion..........
I am looking forward to seeing any candidate PDP will present that will not have one problem with corruption so far all of them are past office holder. it is better PDP allows APC to have their way and let the country move forward. All of them in that National Assembly are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by 9jatriot(m): 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
As sensible as your post is, you need to see the names of those who followed Saraki to CCT to really wonder what the problem is. These are heavy weight politicians.

shugaboy6102:
Nna pls how many igbos are supporting him.is it those @ main market onicha or the ones in Aba or those in Alaba abi the ones in Kano.Just because of a minute few not up to 100 selfish people should not give a basis for an assertion that a whole people are supporting him.And besides who Saraki don help for igbo land.I will keep saying it that all our corrupt politicians are all brothers and sisters because they share the same idiology to destroy and loot Nigeria,they dine and wine @ the Top and Laugh together and allow us to fight over petty issues.99% of our politicians don't even know our names or give a damn about us so why do we keep fighting for a politician just because he comes from our Zone or shares a tribal identity with us and never gives a damn about our well being or progress.

Senate President Bukola Saraki has arrived at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) where his trial for alleged false declaration of assets continues.

He arrived at 10:05am in company of at least 12 senators.

Some of the senators are Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president; Sam Anyanwu, Dino Melaye and Andy Uba.

This is the lowest number of senators to accompany him to the CCT since the beginning of his case in September 2015 – the highest being 81.

In addition, this is the second day of his trial which started on Tuesday.

Although, this is the eighth time the senate president will appear at the CCT, his trial actually started on Tuesday.

The first time was on September 22, 2015 after the tribunal had issued a bench warrant for his arrest. He was accompanied to the tribunal by at least 50 senators on that day.

On the same day, he entered the dock, but he pleaded not guilty to 13 counts of false declaration of assets brought against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

The second time was on October 21, 2015 when he was accompanied to the tribunal by at least 81 senators.

And the third time was on November 5, 2015, when his lawyers –Joseph Daodu and Mahmud Magaji – withdrew from the case in protest of the decision of the tribunal to continue the matter despite an appeal against the constitution and jurisdiction of the tribunal at the supreme court.

The fourth time was on March 11, after the ruling of the supreme court upholding the jurisdiction of the tribunal to try him while the fifth time was on March 18 when an application to stop his trial was heard.

The sixth time was on March 24 when the tribunal ruled that his trial must continue.

The seventh time was April 5 when the prosecution called its first witness, who narrated how Saraki allegedly laundered billions of naira using fictitious names.

The senate president had gone the whole hog to challenge his trial at the CCT, but he failed at every turn.

On February 5, the apex court dismissed an appeal to stop his trial paving the way for the continuation of the case at the CCT.

On Tuesday, Danladi Umar, chairman of the CCT, dismissed Saraki’s application for adjournment.

Ruling on the application, Umar held that the issue of jurisdiction of the tribunal had already been settled by the supreme court, adding that a motion for adjournment based on an appeal challenging the jurisdiction of the tribunal at the appeal court was unnecessary.

He, therefore, ordered the prosecution to produce its witnesses, and the trial commenced.

1 Like

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by Deo27: 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
If Saraki is found guilty, he will likely lose the mentioned assets and posible ban from contesting for 10years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by CaptainTalker: 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
#Panamapapers: TINUBU’S main man, Folly Coker’s £1.6m Chelsea home exposed
Folarin Coker fondly called Folly Coker is one of the Nigerians whose name has been thrown up by the Panama Papers Scandal.
Now the story is that Folly who is one of the main men of All Progressives Congress (APC) National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu bought a house in Chelsea for £1.65m using s shell company based in the British Virgin Islands known as Satori Holdings.
For those who do not know, Folly, a real man about town who loves to party hard, used to work with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu when he was Governor as Deputy Chief of Staff at that time, current Nigerian Minister, Babatunde Fashola, SAN was the Chief of Staff.
When Tinubu left, Folly Coker still retained in the top echelon of Lagos State Government as Special Adviser and for many years he was in charge of number plate production company in Lagos.
According to the Guardian UK, when the Journalists who investigated the story contacted Coker, his lawyers responded said he had declared his interest in Satori to Nigerian authorities insisting that he has multiple sources of income and therefore can afford to buy such a property.
In Lagos, who was one of those tipped to become a Lagos Governor because of his closeness to Asiwaju Tinubu is currently in the Lagos State Cabinet as Commissioner of Tourism.
His known businesses include a fun spot la case which has since close down but has a branch at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, and shares in Robert’s Café, a hangout for Lagos celebrities.
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by shugaboy6102(m): 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
9jatriot:
As sensible as your post is, you need to see the names of those who followed Saraki to CCT to really wonder what the problem is. These are heavy weight politicians.

my man you see those people you call Heavy weights,they are only heavy in their pockets,their allowances and constituency allowances.my bro just do a simple check this people represents their sole interest and i can tell u this people are not regarded even in their villages forget all this screams on Nairaland true easterners are somewhere hustling and making money to meet ends meet likewise other true yorubas and Hausa are doin well for themselves.I cant support an igbo man who is corrupt just because na my person even God won't be happy with me.I crave for a great Nigeria
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by steppin: 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
Cheap blackmail...
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by Securedlife(m): 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
seunmsg:

Forget about the media grandstanding by PDP, another APC senator will take over once Saraki finally eats the humble pie. PDP will NEVER produce the senate president in this eight assembly so, stop dreaming about it.
I hope you will be able to speak when PDP will produce d next senate president.
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by hadaydhollarpo(m): 1:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
The Igbo leaders are known to going the other way, wouldn't mind turning their back to their promise land @ the expense of their pple. yeye lolz....
ChetaNwaeze:
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by igwegeorgiano(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
slyzy:
A Nigerian politician resigns? He rather be disgraced out of office.

Hopes Saraki will prove me wrong though
for him, voluntary resignation is impossible cos the fear of falling from grace to grass stares him in the face but then its inevitable. its gonna be d case. let him still hold on to that seat. fire would soon consume that black dry ass of his. shege bansa
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by LemonBoy1: 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
Firefire:
Bukola Saraki and his entire generation have the spirit of Kleptomania.

The END has come for the fraudulent family.

Allahu'akbar.

For those still defending looters in this country, may peace be far from you all. Ameen.

My anger is that he is not using a bullet proof G wagon. its an insult to us.
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by slyzy(m): 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
for him, voluntary resignation is impossible cos the fear of falling from grace to grass stares him in the face but then its inevitable. its gonna be d case. let him still hold on to that seat. fire would soon consume that black dry ass of his. shege bansa

A typical case of stubborn fly dat follows the corpse to the grave
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by akinsdotman(m): 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
[center][/center]
In any sane society Saraki should have done the needful like the Iceland PM did within days of being raveled with the disgusting #Panamapapers by throwing in the towel, especially considering his position as the NO 3 man in a government that has shown unrelenting commitment & dedication to the current anti-graft fight.

Whether guilty or innocent, a man with a huge moral burden as this can't just lead the senate & infact shouldn't be.... It's antithetical to transparency, honesty, accountability and everything that a nascent democracy, as well as public trust stand to defend.
In any sane society Saraki should have done the needful like the Iceland PM did within days of being raveled with the disgusting #Panamapapers by throwing in the towel, especially considering his position as the NO 3 man in a government that has shown unrelenting commitment & dedication to the current anti-graft fight.

Whether guilty or innocent, a man with a huge moral burden as this can't just lead the senate & infact shouldn't be.... It's antithetical to transparency, honesty, accountability and everything that a nascent democracy, as well as public trust stand to defend.

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by Goke7: 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
cktheluckyman:

It's a gradual process sir, saraki case is the focus now. Stay tuned
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
Bicos u and ur pple oppose moving Nigeria forward
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by KissCODE(m): 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
bashydemy:
Can you give me name of any opposition party member that lead the Senate during PDP era? Since that did not happe it can't happen in this dispensation. Is either APC member or no one.
no i cant because there was none.
U just asked a funny question, is there any oposition party that has up to 40 senators then?

cheesy
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by bashydemy(m): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
KissCODE:
no i cant because there was none.
U just asked a funny question, is there any oposition party that has up to 40 senators then?

cheesy
But now APC have the highest number of member in the house and will be produce the senate president.
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by KissCODE(m): 12:10am On Apr 07, 2016
bashydemy:
But now APC have the highest number of member in the house and will be produce the senate president.
bros... U need to study senate rule very well. APC does not have the capasity alone to produce the senate president. They dont have 2/3rd majurity.
PDP doesnt have either but can easily get it from APC
Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 07, 2016
Burger01:
...because you guys are corrupt and support corruption. smiley

Saraki will be forced to resign smiley
The perfect reply

1 Like

Re: Senators Loyal to Saraki advised him to Resign- Vanguard by bashydemy(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2016
KissCODE:
bros... U need to study senate rule very well. APC does not have the capasity alone to produce the senate president. They dont have 2/3rd majurity.
PDP doesnt have either but can easily get it from APC
Hmm Well it will be easy for Camel to pass through the hole of a needle than for PDP to be Senate president.. Don't under estimate the power of Presidency ooo go and ask Enwerem, Wabara and people close to late okadigbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Visits Plateau IDPs, See How They Reacted / WTO: US Leaders Write Biden To Back Okonjo-Iweala / Sanwo-Olu Performs Groundbreaking Ceremony For 37Km Mass Rail (Red Line)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.