Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

"Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu (21142 Views)

Buba Galadima: Buhari’s Marabouts Advised Him Against Removing Service Chiefs / Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
The Presidency on Thursday assured Nigerians that there is no need for apprehension over the state of health of President Muhammadu Buhari.

It, however, said as eager as the President wanted to be up and about, his doctors have advised him to take things slowly.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, disclosed this in a statement he made available to journalists.

Shehu explained that Buhari’s absence at the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday, was a last minute decision; otherwise, the cabinet and the public might have been alerted in advance.

“As eager as he is to be up and about, the President’s doctors have advised on his taking things slowly, as he fully recovers from the long period of treatment in the United Kingdom some weeks ago,” he said.

While saying that the President himself on his return to the country made Nigerians aware of the state of his health while he was in London, Shehu said full recovery is sometimes a slow process, requiring periods of rest and relaxation, as the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, intimated in his press briefing after the FEC meeting on Wednesday.

He added, “Despite his lack of visibility, Nigerians should rest assured that President Buhari has not abdicated his role as Commander-in-Chief of Nigeria. He receives daily briefings on the activities of government and confers regularly with his Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo.

“His private residence, in which he has been spending the majority of his time recently, also has a fully equipped office.

“God is the giver of life and health. We are grateful that He has seen our President through the worst period of his convalescence in London.

“We are thankful that the President has passed a number of benchmarks already. We pray that God continues to see him through this period of recuperation.”

http://punchng.com/buharis-doctors-advised-him-to-take-things-slowly-presidency/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by vayne(m): 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Rubbish,it is not in his job description to take things slowly...that's not why he was elected
sarrki:
Baba take it slowly

Osinbajo is there to fire all the cylinders of governance

I know and am sure as an elder statesman you will do the needful if your health will affects your job

God bless and keep Muhammad Buhari

God bless yemi omo Osinbajo

God bless federal republic of Nigeria
Never!!
Why are you shifting his responsibilities to osinbajo?
If he is obsolete,let him resign or officially handover to his vice!
Just negodu as 4yrs take waste

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by DrGoodman: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
While we are sorry about his health situation, we wish to state as follows.

That we, in this our stage of national development cannot afford a sick or slow president who will be partly incapacitated as a result of his health challenges.

That the hospital cannot be shifted into our presidential villa, instead our president should go out and treat himself.

That there are so many issues which need resolution and nobody is looking into them.

That the economy is still in shambles, security is still a big headache, the sports sector is dead, education is falling, prices still rising, hospitals still non functional, herdsmen still killing and raping.

Finally that we are begging our able president to go and rest. So his family can enjoy his presence.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Wetin concern me with una baba go slow?

I dey here dey look for where to blow whistle

things hard I swear

this guy below me needs extra panadol
sarrki:
Baba take it slowly

I know and am sure as an elder statesman you will do the needful if your health will affects your job

23 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
Baba take it slowly

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by ozoigbondu: 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
This deadwood should resign

That is if he is not dead already

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by EmekaBlue(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
He should resign or be IMPEACHED asap!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
vayne:
G

No 1spotted
DrGoodman:
Trr

No 2 spotted
Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Foxyn:
b

No 3 spotted
Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by drss2(m): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
buari dullard should be impeached immediately. d man is totally incapacitated.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
What I don't get why did he contest in the first place?
Just look at the stress he's passing through ehen!
Anyway I blame those chanting change because they have to bear with this pending when he recovers fully that's if the opposition party would give him breathing space

5 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by obonujoker(m): 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
Even when he was fast he messed up everything.....

Now that they are asking him to be slow, shey no be disaster so.... grin

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
drss2:
buari dullard should be impeached immediately. d man is totally incapacitated.

Impeach him

Call all your representative in the Senate and house of rep to do it

Lol Wailers are frustrated right now

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
Seriously if PMB can't perform his duties on health grounds, he should resign and let someone else with vigor & strength take over.

It's not by force to be president.

9 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
Seriously if PMB can't perform his duties on health grounds, he should resign and let someone else with vigor & strength take over.

It's not by force to be president.

Hmmm you sounds

Like a liberal wailer

1 Like

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by Nukualofa: 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
The idiot has been on Go-Slow since he entered that seat so I'm surprise with the Native Doctor advising him to go slower than this

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by maryjan8(f): 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ok
Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by angeltolly(f): 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
Telling Baba go-slow to take things slowly again

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by BiafranBushBoy: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
who is the presidency??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by bedspread: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
THE BEST SLOWLY BABA WILL DO IS TO VACATE AND TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF FOR HIS FAMILY.... NIGERIA IS BEYOND ALL THESE DRAMAS

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
bedspread:
THE BEST SLOWLY BABA WILL DO IS TO VACATE AND TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF FOR HIS FAMILY.... NIGERIA IS BEYOND ALL THESE DRAMAS

Please say it in pidgin English

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
angeltolly:

He's your commander in chief

1 Like

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
Buhari, why not just resign? I can't imagine toying with my health and life simply for the love of power. #Spits

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by MrBONE2(m): 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
T
Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by MrBONE2(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
He who takes things slowly shall achieve steadious progressive Health. grin

Mr President! Get Well Soon
Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by angeltolly(f): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

He's your commander in chief

So?? Is he not yours?

21 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by sarrki(m): 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
angeltolly:

So?? Is he not yours?

You know the answer already

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by SalamRushdie: 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
This on its own is corruption , I mean being unfit to perform the duties of a president as stipulated by the constitution but pretending your are fit is a form of corruption you know

15 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by DrObum(m): 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
The doctors didn't need to advise him on that.

The man na Baba go slow naturally!

1 Like

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by fineboynl(m): 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
..Who is worried?
I'm only worried about my next meal

1 Like

Re: "Buhari’s Doctors Advised Him To Take Things Slowly" – Garba Shehu by cuteboy2: 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
angeltolly:

I tire ooooo

The man was already slow. Telling him to slowdown again, can put the man in a coma grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Have Moved 10 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty – Udoma Udo Udoma / It’s Unfortunate That Obasanjo’s Beneficiaries Now Insult Him, Murray-bruce Reac / El-Rufai: Only Buhari Can Convince Me Run For Presidency Or Be A Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.