Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Multiple Source Of Income For Career Persons - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Multiple Source Of Income For Career Persons (716 Views)

The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / I Want To Give Out N20,000 A Month To Help Young Nigerians (for Career Or Biz) / What Is Responsible For Career Success? Strategy Or Luck? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Multiple Source Of Income For Career Persons by cashful(m): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2009
one major complaint of career persons is that they are not paid enough.
apart from guys in oil/gas, telecommunications and banks, most other career persons in this other sectors are not well paid.
The question is how can one create other source(s) of income to supplement your salary.
expecially the ones related to your career.

please give practical examples
Re: Multiple Source Of Income For Career Persons by canuck(m): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2009
Good question.

I recommend you focus on what you like to do/be when you "grow up". Here's what I mean -

If you work in Retail and your life's passion (what you'd like to be when you "grow up"wink is training, then start off something on the side.

This allows you achieve at least five things:

1) Continuity in income stream
2) Test-run your business idea with minimal financial implications
3) Acquire necessary skills in the business (you will fail earlier and learn to succeed sooner/faster)
4) Develop a working model for your business
5) Leverage contacts in your existing employment

Big caveat - Ensure it does not compete with your present employer (Retail and Training shouldn't) and that there is no conflict of interest (using your employment time to pursue your training business).

All the best!
Re: Multiple Source Of Income For Career Persons by cashful(m): 8:43am On Aug 02, 2009
canuck:

Good question.

I recommend you focus on what you like to do/be when you "grow up". Here's what I mean -

If you work in Retail and your life's passion (what you'd like to be when you "grow up"wink is training, then start off something on the side.

This allows you achieve at least five things:

1) Continuity in income stream
2) Test-run your business idea with minimal financial implications
3) Acquire necessary skills in the business (you will fail earlier and learn to succeed sooner/faster)
4) Develop a working model for your business
5) Leverage contacts in your existing employment

Big caveat - Ensure it does not compete with your present employer (Retail and Training shouldn't) and that there is no conflict of interest (using your employment time to pursue your training business).

All the best!

a very lovely post
the financial and conflict of interest are great posers indeed

(1) (Reply)

Getting An Advertising Job After Msc Media & Comms From Pan African Uni. / Masters In Computer Engineering Or An Mba? / Analytics, Economics And Econometrics Instructors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.