Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises (25351 Views)

Two Kids Found Dead In A Soakaway Pit In Kwara State (Disturbing Photos) / Kids Found Dead Baby In Gutter In Kaduna Thinking They Had Found A Toy. Graphic / Church Member Crushes Another To Death In Church Premises In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Blackberrybabes: 6:20am On Apr 06, 2016
There was panic at Matogun, in the Lambe area of Ogun State on Tuesday after the police recovered corpses of two missing pupils from a church in the community, Christ Crusaders’ Deliverance Ministry.
The deceased – six-year-old Isaac Ayegbo, a primary 2 pupil, and Ayomide Innocent, 4, who was in Nursery 1 – were reportedly found inside the church’s vehicle after they were declared missing on Sunday.

The deceased’s parents are neigbours.
PUNCH Metro learnt that Ayomide’s mother, while travelling to the Republic of Benin on Friday, brought him to Isaac’s mother to look after him.
Our correspondent learnt that the children, after taking their lunch on Sunday, were playing outside Ayegbos’ residence, which was opposite the church, when they went missing.
Isaac’s father, Abiodun Ayegbo, was said to have reported the duo’s disappearance at the Agbado Police Division on the same day, but he was told to come back after 24 hours, which he did.

He said, “Ayomide was my friend’s son and he was brought to my wife when his mother travelled.
“She did not take him along because of his school because she would spend about six months there. They (Isaac and Ayomide) came back with my wife from church on Sunday and she gave them food.

“After eating, they went playing around the house. It was my grandmother who raised the alarm when she did not see them. I was told on the telephone to come home when they could not be found.
“I was called this morning (Tuesday) from the station and on getting there, the policemen took me to Christ Crusaders’ Deliverance Ministry, where their corpses were recovered.”
Our correspondent learnt that an angry mob would have set the church ablaze, but for the intervention of armed policemen deployed in the area.
Abiodun’s brother, Kunle Ayegbo, said he found the slippers Isaac wore on the day he went missing inside a car on the church premises, adding that about eight pairs of sandals were also found inside a bus, where their corpses were recovered.
He said the discovery made him sense that something had gone amiss and urged the police to thoroughly investigate the matter to unravel those responsible for the dastardly act.

“The police initially wanted to change the fact that the children were found dead on the church premises, but we stood our grounds. I took some pictures in the church but we were not allowed to take the picture of the children. I found Isaac’s slippers inside a car and about eight other sandals in a bus. I suspect foul play and want this case to be properly investigated and the culprits brought to book.
“Some boys in the community nearly set the church on fire. The policemen and I had to calm them down. We want justice on this matter,” he said.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Ayomide’s father, Nouanti Innocent, passed out when the news of his son’s death was broken to him and he had yet to regain consciousness as of Tuesday evening. His wife had yet to be informed of the incident.
A pastor at the headquarters of the church in the Akute area of the state, Mr. Yemi Adebisi, who spoke on behalf of the church, said the incident was still a mystery as there were guards manning the premises around the clock.

He said the remains of the children were discovered by some members of the church who wanted to sleep inside the bus before the commencement of a vigil.
He said, “The corpses were discovered around 11pm when some church members wanted to sleep inside the bus. We are having a five-day vigil. They alerted the pastor and he called me immediately. We have reported the matter to the police. The vehicle where the corpses were found belongs to the church and it has been out of order for years. People usually sleep inside it.

“There are guards who man the place all day and all night. I can’t understand the mystery surrounding it. It was a strange occurrence and it has destabilised everybody. It is a major challenge to the church.”

The Ogun State Police spokesperson, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, said the pastor of the church, Babatunde Olakunle, and a church worker, Adewale Babalola, had been arrested.
He said, “We recovered two corpses on the church premises and had been deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.
“We have commenced our investigation. The pastor of the church and a church worker were arrested.”

http://www.punchng.com/missing-kids-found-dead-on-church-premises/

1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Blackberrybabes: 6:20am On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Katier00(f): 6:25am On Apr 06, 2016
God have Mercy

4 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by gozi542: 6:48am On Apr 06, 2016
hmm
world!!! big rate of ritualist nowadays.
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by seunlayi(m): 7:09am On Apr 06, 2016
Do someone need to keep kill just to get rich? I can't just match the word together

2 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Flexherbal(m): 7:16am On Apr 06, 2016
What could have happened? A church guarded round the clock. Something is not right.

4 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by amunkita(m): 7:17am On Apr 06, 2016
What kind of wickedness is this

The worst is the useless story of the church, what mystery re they talking about That they re into ritual or they've killed the owners of those slippers

I pray the police works on this case nd leave out pocket gains..

Church Uwa Mmebi...

5 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by tempest01(m): 7:17am On Apr 06, 2016
End time churches with demonic fake pastors

4 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Tunami(m): 9:26am On Apr 06, 2016
hmmm, devil in human form nowadays.
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by macaranta(m): 11:13am On Apr 06, 2016
Ogun again

3 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2016
This story is heart breaking. I can imagine how much pain the families of the deceased kids will be in at this point. I hope they find it within themselves to bear the loss with dignity. Shit happens in life.

Also—I am reminded of a similar incident— which occurred around 2002 in Enugu.

Two kids, while playing one hot afternoon entered an old bus which belonged to a panel beater and was no longer in active use. While inside, they shut the hatch and remained stuck for about 2 hours until they suffocated—as a result of inhaling chemicals stored in the bus .

When they were later found, a mob which had formed quickly torched the panel beaters workshop and beat him until he fell into a coma. The bodies; yet to be retrived. People waited for police to come. When they finally arrived, the first policeman who opened the bus was knocked out cleanly by the fumes from the chemicals. The other officers stayed clear until —I think Officials from UNTH—arrived the scene with proper equipment.

Now after proper analysis of the events leading to the deaths. It became clear that the Panel beaters only offence was stocking a controlled substance which he had the right to do. Only then it was too late. Workshop gone, left eye gouged, Clients cars torched. The crowd made a wrong call that day, a call that no collective feeling of remorse can make recompense for. Whether to the bereaved families nor to the Panel beater; whose life changed forever that hot afternoon.

Police will investigate this matter and get to the root. Make no mistake, Nigeria police works.

-WriteBoy

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Akshow: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2016
My people in southwest are very fetish and ritualistic, especially Ogun state

5 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Oshoboy01: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2016
tempest01:
End time churches with demonic fake pastors
stop dat mister....the place isnt a church, it's a camp ground...so the G.O isnt in anyway related to this....they are not on programme... the only people the should question are the security guard

3 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by helphelp: 11:15am On Apr 06, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by 4nobody4every1: 11:16am On Apr 06, 2016
Looks like a setup to me, chai, how long will this sort of blood-shedding continue..... angry sad

7 Likes

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Akshow: 11:16am On Apr 06, 2016
Oshoboy01:

stop dat mister....the place isnt a church, it's a camp ground...so the G.O isnt in anyway related to this....they are not on programme... the only people the should question are the security guard
taaah! Don't defend the undefendable pls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by MadCow1: 11:17am On Apr 06, 2016
Sweet Baby Jesus!!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by OnankpaBa(m): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2016
jesus
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by HighIQ(m): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2016
What is the meaning of this o.Two kids. So sad

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Gracito(f): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2016
Wow. Really sad, RIP little ones.
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by ylaa(f): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by hucienda: 11:18am On Apr 06, 2016
Ogun! Ogun!! Haba nau.. what's all this??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Adesiji77: 11:18am On Apr 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by RedCapChief(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2016
I doubt fetish motives are the cause of these deaths.
The children were not properly supervised. They must have climbed into the bus to play and died from a lack of oxygen. Two energetic boys can easily use up all the oxygen in a bus and suffocate. In sane climes, the parents and guardians should be queried for negligence

Not everything has a spiritual connotation. Just imagine how those silly youths were ready to burn a church because of false knowledge.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by slysteel: 11:19am On Apr 06, 2016
It appears the children locked themselves inside the abandoned bus while playing and couldnt unlock the door so they died of heat stroke, but a usual, backward thinking Nigerians will say it is a ritual,if they are for ritual, you wont discover the bodies in the manner they were discovered.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by eyinjuege: 11:19am On Apr 06, 2016
The children may have entered the abandoned bus to play, and locked themselves inside mistakenly, and couldn't come out again. Might have died from hunger, heat and exhaustion.

An autopsy should be done to help clarify this.

Poor angels. RIP

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by wasco24: 11:20am On Apr 06, 2016
sad
Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by goingape: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
seunlayi:
Do someone need to keep kill just to get rich? I can't just match the word together
money

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by eyinjuege: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
slysteel:
It appears the children locked themselves inside the abandoned bus while playing and couldnt unlock the door so they died of heat stroke, but a usual, backward thinking Nigerians will say it is a ritual,if they are for ritual, you wont discover the bodies in the manner they were discovered.

Why are you in my mind Mr?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
A proper and unbiased investigation is all this case need.... RIP to the kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by moscobabs(m): 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
Ogun - god of iron

Ogun - Crisis/war

Ogun- twenty

Ogun - Juju/ medicine

Ogun - Inheritance

Ogun state....ambiguous

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Found Dead In Ogun Church Premises by lanrehamd: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Looks like a setup to me,
chai, how long will this sort of blood-shedding continue
..... angry sad
Who is setting who up.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen Struggling For Gun With Another Security Man (Photos, Video) / Woman Poisons Day-old Stepson In Niger State With "Otapiapia" / Police Rescue Snitch Who Caused The Murder Of A Lady In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.