|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,107,067 members, 7,667,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 05 December 2023 at 05:56 AM
As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? / Messages About Etiquettes Of Islamic Marriages - Complete Quotations From Qur'an / Messages About Etiquettes Of Islamic Marriages - Complete Quotations From Qur'an (2) (3) (4)
|Situations When Silent Is Golden (Biblical Quotations). by christinie(f): 6:47am On Apr 06, 2016|
WHEN TO BE SILENT . . .
1. Be silent in the heat of anger - Pro 14:17
2. Be silent when you don't have all the facts - Prov 18:13
3. Be silent when you haven't verified the story - Deut 17:6
4. Be silent if your words will offend a weaker person - 1 Cor 8:11
5. Be silent when it is time to listen - Prov 13:1
6. Be silent when you are tempted to make light of holy things - Eccl 5:2
7. Be silent when you are tempted to joke about sin - Prov 14:9
8. Be silent if you would be ashamed of your words later - Prov 8:8
9. Be silent if your words would
convey the wrong impression - Prov 17:27
10. Be silent if the issue is none of your business - Prov 14:10
11. Be silent when you are tempted to tell an outright lie - Prov 4:24
12. Be silent if your words will
damage someone else's reputation - Pro 16:27
13. Be silent if your words will
damage a friendship - Prov 16:28
14. Be silent when you are feeling critical - Jam 3:9
15. Be silent if you can't say it
without screaming it - Prov 25:28
16. Be silent if your words will be a poor reflection of God on you - 1 Pe 2:21-23
17. Be silent if you may have to eat your words later - Prov 18:21
18. Be silent if you have already said it more than one time - Prov 19:13
19. Be silent when you are tempted to flatter a wicked person - Prov 24:24
20. Be silent when you are supposed to be working instead - Prov 14:23
"WHOEVER GUARDS HIS MOUTH AND TONGUE KEEPS HIS SOUL FROM TROUBLES" (Prov 21:23).
"BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD" (Ps 46:10)
"BE QUICK TO HEAR AND SLOW TO SPEAK".
However, to be silent in some situations is not an act of foolishness, it is simply a display of divine wisdom.
May none of us fail the test of time. Amen!
God bless you all.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66