Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,950 members, 7,848,854 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics (3817 Views)

Governor Aregbesola Asked People To Fast In Osun & Was Mocked / I Have Never Seen Where Democracy Is Mocked Like In Nigerian – Dogara / Akinwunmi Adesina: We Were Mocked For 'Cassava Bread’, Now Everyone Eats It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by Izecson3D(m): 10:48am On Apr 06, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by RandomVic(m): 10:56am On Apr 06, 2016
No matter how mentally strong you think you are once you suffer a racial slur, racial abuse or racial profiling trust me it really does something to your psyche, it warps it, how much depends on how matured of a person you are.There's really no place like home just like other posters have rightfully said. No one would call you out for being a black person in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by ckmayoca: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2016
Khd95:
Home is home,no body will call u black,pink or yellow,except they want to risk a broken jawgringringrin

But at home someone can call her ofenmanu, someone can call her bloody civilian. Abegi the one happening here is worse. That was done insecret, but in nigeria tribalism will be played right infront of u and everyone.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by ckmayoca: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2016
homeboy205:
Who send you go another man land I guess Na only Una waka go

Why won't she go?
Are we better of?
That was done behind her back, here we play tribalism infront of you and even our politicians plays it. Go online and say someone called u bleaching tribe and see if anyone will listen to u.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by ckmayoca: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2016
amunkita:
Nigerians sef, if I was in her shoe nah to go buy groundnut use am chop the banana nd leave the peel where my flat mate will see it..

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by ckmayoca: 11:16am On Apr 06, 2016
brize:
Black is monkey. White is pimple...... But i think we all should enjoy it when they say such things, that is the only way they can stop it..... complaining online or elsewhere is what makes them enjoy it the more.... Just like David Alves, throw me a banana if i am convinced enough that it is not poisoned i will peel it and eat it.

Abi oh. Here we kuku call them maga, maye, afin, and all sort and no one cried.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by ahaz: 11:24am On Apr 06, 2016
stephenduru:
Warwick University is under fire after racist remarks were written on a bunch of bananas inside the room of a Nigerian student, Faramade Ifaturoti, 19, who tweeted an image of the fruit and wrote: “Just entered the kitchen and look at what one of my flatmates has done. I am extremely disgusted.”

Monkey and nigga, can clearly be seen written on the fruit. The tweet quickly gathered attention and has been retweeted almost 3,000 times. The university responded to it, saying: “We’re really sorry you’ve had to experience this. It is completely unacceptable. Please DM us your email and we will escalate.”

Many tweeters, including the victim herself, expressed disappointment that the university did not respond sooner. Ifaturoti herself replied: “I’m highly disappointed that it took a Twitter escalation in order for you to respond.” In February, Ifaturoti had also complained about racism in a tweet, when she wrote: “Racism is very real. Especially in this Warwick I can’t lie.”

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/nigerian-student-of-warwick-university.html
so them write monkey on top ur banana u dy vex...oya come bk home o, for were u come from we never see light for two months now, for two months we d y quoe for fuel, Fulani guys they coordinate agatu people well while some emirs they kidnap ur type for here enjoy them finish come throw them for street like tissue paper...so my dear just shut up or come back home
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by iamsea(m): 11:37am On Apr 06, 2016
The funny thing is that tis those whites that do resemble monkey the most with their facial structure. And some of them ugly die. Black over white anyday
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by sweetcocoa(f): 11:41am On Apr 06, 2016
How are we sure that girl did not write it herself? People will do anything for attention these days. undecided
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by geca(f): 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
amunkita:
Nigerians sef, if I was in her shoe nah to go buy groundnut use am chop the banana nd leave the peel where my flat mate will see it..

Well said buh this your name eh.... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by gentleheart1(f): 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=efosasere post=44450771]I remember when I first came to The Netherlands as at 2005. It's something I'll never forget in my life. I was walking down to the grocery store to get some stuffs and someone from no where threw bananas at me and made monkey chants. I started crying and even the people around started laughing. Some Nigerians and some black guys started laughing at me too. When I asked while they were laughing, they said that was how they cried when they first entered the country too.

The Dutch people use it as a way of welcoming you into their country especially when you're new. Some are equally unrepentant Racists too but I've equally gotten used to it. Once in a while when they insult racially I insult them in return with my native language too which is Bini. They get angry when you insult them in your native dialect cos they don't know what you're

lol bad guy.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by BushidoBlue(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

That Lagoon episode really pain u gan oo

grin grin

Still in pain for over a year now

Who is the governor. Ambode ni joor

Akpu head

Instead of you to avoid the statement and move on, you still refer to it, of course it hurt.
It is racism.
We gladly call the whites racists but support tribal and ethnic pillory of our own race.

The person who wrote the derogatory words and you who is egging someone offended over a racist remark are one and the same.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by amunkita(m): 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
geca:

Well said buh this your name eh.... grin grin

Asa mu..

U like the name
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by Kuronima: 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
amunkita:

Hahaha.... And also place a glass of milk next to it with a note attached saying "white cows and monkeys all in a room, KISSING"
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by Kuronima: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=gentleheart1 post=44458602][/quote]
Such a gentle heart... . Your tale is funny, I laughed too grin though I have faced discrimination before and I wasn't laughing then
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics by gentleheart1(f): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
Kuronima:

Such a gentle heart... . Your tale is funny, I laughed too grin though I have faced discrimination before and I wasn't laughing then

Huh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan / Nnamdi Kanu Vows: Nigeria Will Have No President In 2019 / Nigerian Lesbian Group Drags Nigerian Lesbian Group Drags CAC To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.