Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM (29012 Views)

Nigerian Man's p**nis Allegedly Disappears After Giving A Crippled Beggar Money / Festus Disappears With ATM Cards Of Madonna University Students / Best Answer To This Question At ATM Point. "Are You The Last Person"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by dre11(m): 10:01am On Apr 06, 2016
Samson Folarin

A final year student of the Technical College, Ikorodu, Lagos State, Iseoluwa Omomowo, has disappeared while running an errand for his stepbrother’s wife in the Ebute-Meta area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the 28-year-old Ilaje, Ondo State indigene, had gone to withdraw N8,000 from a First Bank of Nigeria Automated Teller Machine on Saturday, but he did not return home.

It was gathered that by Monday, his cell phone had been switched off.

Our correspondent gathered that efforts by the family to locate his whereabouts had been abortive.

His stepbrother, Dr Omoteyinshe Oluwole, explained that the victim was the family’s last child, adding that he had been living with him for about five years.

Oluwole, a medical doctor, said he was in Sagamu, Ogun State, when Omomowo went missing.

He said, “He started living with me in 2011. He is a final year student of Electrical Department of the Technical College, Ikorodu.

“On that Saturday, I sent some money to my wife’s bank account. My wife asked him to withdraw N8,000 from the ATM. After withdrawing the money, he was supposed to go to the Lagos Island to get a pair of trousers from my tailor.

“At exactly 12.28pm, she received an alert on her phone that the money had been withdrawn from the account.

“Around 4pm, my wife called me that she had yet to see my brother and she was going to the market and needed somebody to stay with our child. I called him on the telephone, but he didn’t pick his calls.”

Oluwole said when he called the tailor, he was told that his brother had yet to arrive.

“Around 6pm again, I called the tailor again, and he said he had not seen my brother. We called his cell phone repeatedly, but nobody picked the calls.

“At 9pm when he didn’t return home, we thought he had gone to watch football at a viewing centre. The police said we could not report until after 24 hours,” he added.

A family friend and lawyer, Ige Asemudara, said the family had gone to different police stations, as well as prayer houses.

He said, “In one of the places we went to, we were told that he was abducted by some people and they would still release him.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said, “The case was reported to us on Sunday. We are investigating the matter.”

http://www.punchng.com/student-disappears-after-withdrawing-money-from-atm/

1 Like

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by joystickextend1(m): 10:05am On Apr 06, 2016
Strnge,hope he didn't enter all these once chance vehicles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by MzPecs(f): 10:05am On Apr 06, 2016
May God protect him wherever he may be. embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by YorubaWoman: 10:25am On Apr 06, 2016
undecided

Olorun o ni je kari ko se dada

Omo odun mejidinlogbon tan ranse kiri
Tan tun fe pe ko wa mo woju omo iyawo buroda re toun o fi ti oja de
Olorun o ni jeki aye pa ina ogo mi
Nibi ti egbe re papa tin bimo, feyawo, kole, ra moto loun tin sare kiri fun ebi.
Issoraite
Won a ri agbalagba omo to sonu o
Eni tan ti lo undecided
Baya o si gbe ara re pamo ni fun owo to ti lo

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by kingphilip(m): 11:16am On Apr 06, 2016
8k is too small now to abduct someone but I've learnt it the hard way that a thief will even steal something not worth even 500 in the market

I hope they find him soonest
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by okuneddie(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2016
I pray they find him IJN.

2 Likes

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by petux(m): 11:52am On Apr 06, 2016
Father Lord i pray you let your son come back home safe and sound.
Click like if you feel the same for him.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by seyema(m): 11:57am On Apr 06, 2016
Abduction ?? That's a serious issues o

1 Like

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2016
They should search all the ashawo joints in the area. He might be there receiving bloww job while speaking in tongues undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Dsimple: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2016
I pray he doesn't fall into d hands of d evil men.
Nigeria is now something else since buhari came in.
thank God immediately he was sworn in, I flew out of d country to a safer country where all men are treated equal with constant inflow of dough.
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by emmabest2000(m): 11:58am On Apr 06, 2016
Disappeared or kidnapped ?

4 Likes

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by bedspread: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................... I don't know what to say.
lets check the guy under
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by macaranta(m): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2016
Strange things happening everywhere
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Fmdipo(m): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2016
he will be found alive IJN
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Gracito(f): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2016
Nawao . I hope he returns safely...
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 06, 2016
One chance? —never mind. Wilful AWOL, can't tell, say . But one thing I know is; “Ikorodu is not the safest area in Lagos. It is the den of vandals and ritualists, and cultists and men with questionable characters and intentions.”

It's a good thing to have reported to the police on time, but I would also consult my dibia, or Pastor. Such situations needs help from realms transcending our own. More so when it is Ikorodu.

-WriteBoy
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by petux(m): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
hy
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Mariojane(f): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
petux:
Father Lorf i pray you let your son come back home safe and sound.
father LOrf abi? continue undecided
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by donbugy(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by tomsniel(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
I wish him safe return. This evil will not befall any nairalander and family.

1 Like

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by omusiliyu(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
Idiosyncratic things are just happening during babu regime.

Wish the missing boy safe return back home.

1 Like

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by helphelp: 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
Wili wili things
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by steffans(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hmmmmm...

I pray he is found...

Nothing fishy.. If that he withdrew 150k.. I will say maybe he ran away..

But 8k won't even be enough for his transport if he is running away..

1 Like

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by gbens2000(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
He has played baba ijebu,maybe lost all and decided to go AWOL sometime.i pray and hope they find him soon.
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by WebSurfer(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Nigerian/Nairaland journalism can be heartbreaking.. I thought the guy disappeared on the instance.. Sigh

4 Likes

Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by gbens2000(m): 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
petux:
farher lorf and u want them to click like,like load..............".......................
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by banme1(m): 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
petux:
edit ur lorf to LORD. B4 we click.
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
Abducted by which people grin

After spending the $8,000 or is it 8,000 naira grin he will come home.
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by maxiuc(m): 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
Endtime new this news is for dullardihos . Young man dissappear with the atm card nd money hmmmmm I don't know the prayer to say now maybe lemme read songs of solomon
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by banme1(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
irunooboo:
They should search all the ashawo joints in the area. He might be there receiving bloww job while speaking in tongues undecided
get away from here.
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by petux(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
Mariojane:
father LOrf abi? continue undecided
it was a mistake...corrected........whats up?
Re: Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM by 2sexycom(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
kingphilip:
8k is too small now to abduct someone but I've learnt it the hard way that a thief will even steal something not worth even 500 in the market

I hope they find him soonest
The dude is not missing, He used the money as transport fare to travel somewhere. That's what I suspect.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB Announces Date For Release Of 2024 Mock-utme Results / Kaduna Pupils Eat El-rufai's Free Food On The Floors Of Their Classrooms (PICS) / Things Life Will Teach Every Guy When He Leaves Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.