Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,595 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? (724 Views)

PENGASSAN Has Not Called Off The Strike - Strike Begins Tomorrow / Ondo Labor Leaders Received ‘threat’ Messages For Suspending 30-day Strike / Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:21am On Apr 06, 2016
I had wanted to make this post yesterday but i decided against it just to be sure the experience i had yesterday was not just a one day thing. But that of today was the one that broke the camel's back and which inevitably necessitated this write up.
The fuel scarcity has really gotten out of hand,at least in Lagos if am not sure of other states. It took me up to 2hours to make a movement that I make within 3O to 4O munits under normal Lagos traffic conditions.This was as a result of traffic, traffic caused by long queues at the various fuel stations.The funny/annoying part was that non of the fuel stations were yet selling as at the time am talking about. The poor masses still had to form the long queues just with the hope that they would sale later in the day.

All the way to my office in Ikeja, i saw people sweating and trekking. trekking long distances to their officese. How did i know they trekked long distances you may ask, people that passed me around under bridge in ikeja when we were in traffic, I still met some around the secretariat in Alausa still sweating it out by leg when our traffic had moved. Mind you they are not trekking because they do not have transportation fare. they are rather trekking because there was not enough commercial transporters on the road because of fuel scarcity. The few you could see now charge exorbitantly.Need I remind you that we had to book a keke rider to come pick us from home because we cldnt get fuel the previous day? I know how much we had to pay for this.

All these got me wondering where our Labour Union had suddenly gone to. why are they suddenly mute now that they should speak up? Or is the condition not adverse enough to draw their attention? It is not as if there was a rise in salary for government workers.In the past administration any little issue called for strike. Why has the Labor Union Lost their voice? What has gone wrong with virtually everything in Nigeria? Which way Nigeria??
Re: Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 06, 2016
Op u dont need to bother urself, cause our labour leaders are travelling with baba

1 Like

Re: Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by criminalmindz: 11:01am On Apr 06, 2016
I'm very happy this Is happening in lagos. Tinubu gave u people change, enjoy the change. May it even get worse in lagos. Amen

1 Like

Re: Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by IRserveMyComent(f): 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oma307:
Op u dont need to bother urself, cause our labour leaders are travelling with baba

I guess that must really be the case. if not where are they?
Re: Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by Sunbellar: 7:54am On Apr 25, 2016
What do you expect when NLC is Fulani, TUC is Fulani, ASUU is Fulani?

1 Like

Re: Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by Lordwize(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2016
Most of them are corrupt and their files are with the EFCC, if they just open their mouth, their files will be opened and they will be arrested. The only person that can talk to this government is AYODELE PETER FAYOSE, the executive governor of Ekiti state.

1 Like

Re: Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2016
Sunbellar:
What do you expect when NLC is Fulani, TUC is Fulani, ASUU is Fulani?
Its very unfortunate.
Re: Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:33am On Apr 25, 2016
Lordwize:
Most of them are corrupt and their files are with the EFCC, if they just open their mouth, their files will be opened and they will be arrested. The only person that can talk to this government is AYODELE PETER FAYOSE, the executive governor of Ekiti state.
Thats why we should not stain our selves with any magnitude of corruption because it is capable of making us grow dumb when we should talk.

1 Like

Re: Strike! Strike!! Labor Union Where Are You?? by Sunbellar: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Its very unfortunate.
What a nice dimple!

(1) (Reply)

So Call Biafra Passport Is Acceptable In 65 republic / 6 Senators Who May Replace Saraki As Senate President / Photos: The Agony Of Fuel Scarcity And Its Effect On The People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.