Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Is This The New Face Of Electricity Distribution In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This The New Face Of Electricity Distribution In Nigeria? (364 Views)

FG To Provide 15m Jobs, 10 Gigawatt Of Electricity - Udo Udoma / Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says / Lack Of Electricity Has Helped In Creating Jobs(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This The New Face Of Electricity Distribution In Nigeria? by makazona(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2016
I was having a chat with a friend of mine working at an Electricity Distribution Company in the Southern Part of Nigeria and asking of his opinion on the lingering power supply problem. You know what he did?

He first laughed and said "we cant kill ourselves. The government seem not to be serious about making things work".

I probed further and noticed that the financial situation of the country has snuffed life out of every sector including power distribution.

See the chain reaction: Government fail to pay workers salary. Government workers go broke. Electricity bills cant be paid by starving government workers. And since the DISCOS are purely private sector driven, they want money. They want profit. This cannot be realized with few persons paying their bills.

So, for those under the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHED), do not expect power until they are confident, you can pay your bills.

This is the sorry situation we have found ourselves.

Phew!. My battery is already 10% already so I have to shut down.

Culled from: http://solutionnaija..com.ng/2016/04/is-this-new-face-of-electricity.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

1,634 People Executed In 2015 -report / Join The Hashtag #lagoscalabarrail / Supplementary Budget: Senate Asks Executive Include Lagos Calabar Rail Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.