Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says (51153 Views)

MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends / Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:38am On Nov 27, 2016
Babatunde Fashola, minister of power, works and housing, says Sango, despite being the god of lightning and thunder, does not have the capacity to generate a single kilowatt of electricity.

Delivering the convocation lecture at the University of Benin on Friday, Fashola urged the graduands to free their minds from fear, and stop deifying resources that can be harnessed for the good of the society.

“Traditional medicine, from herbs, roots, and other endowments of nature have their place of pre-eminence in the assurance of our well-being and good health. I cannot say the same thing about divination and sacrifices,” he said.

“We must choose to work our iron ore to produce steel and build skyscrapers, machines and tools like others do instead of worshipping the god of Iron.We must use engineering to manage and control flooding and erosion.

“We must probe the treasures of our forests and depths of our oceans as bastions of possibilities that we must manage and dominate instead of worshipping the god of the sea.

“If we continue to fear the sea, oceans and waters we will perpetuate the practice of sacrifice, instead of undertaking the enterprise of understanding; and dominating them for energy and transport.

“We must approach our rock formations as treasure troves of building materials like marble, tiles and granite rather than treat them as totems of salvation that require animal sacrifice.

“We should stop deifying the moon and stratosphere beyond the visibility of our eyes out of fear. Instead we should develop the courage and resolve to send men and women to land a space craft there.”

He said prayer is good when combined with hard work. He added that all the divination and sacrifices made to Sango, the god of lightning, has not generated a single kilowatt of power.

“I urge you to free your mind from fear, reach for the skies, choose by conviction and not by fear; trust in your abilities and God given talent, take responsibility, work hard and pray if you believe.

“Yes, Sango is the god of lightning and thunder, but all the sacrifices made to Sango has not generated 1 (ONE) kilowatt of electric power.

“Electricity is produced by using nature’s gifts , such as gas, water, solar and wind, harnessing their capacity through turbines made from steel to serve our energy needs, not by making animal sacrifices.”

Fashola also urged his audience to “look for the book titled ‘Start Up Nation’ by Dan Senor and Saul Singer, saying: “It would provoke your thinking as it did mine.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fashola-sango-the-god-of-lightning-cant-produce-1kw-of-electricity

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:39am On Nov 27, 2016
Fashola a.k.a Mr. Rocket Science is really trying to justify his incompetency & ineptitude..

A Serious Government Will Fix Its Power Problems In 6months - Fashola

Internet Never Forgets:

http://newsrescue.com/there-will-be-power-in-all-homes-in-six-months-if-i-was-in-charge-fashola-rescued/

295 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by jneutron4000: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Is Fashola a.k.a Mr. Rocket Science trying to justify his incompetency??
what incompetency are you talking about Na him body or fluid for him body him go use generate power?

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by mightyhaze: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Is Fashola a.k.a Mr. Rocket Science trying to justify his incompetency??
that's wot it looks like to me ! cool

All of a sudden electricity became rocket science,..and spurring so many grammar and philosophy to mask the obvious grin

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by solpat(m): 9:45am On Nov 27, 2016
I also read the lecture whatever. That guy should do something fast about the electricity situation in the country, if not Sango will strike him with 100,000 volts of lightening

263 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2016
jneutron4000:
what incompetency are you talking about Na him body or fluid for him body him go use generate power?

I guess his brain was filled with vanilla ice cream when he made this statement?? @ link below..

http://newsrescue.com/there-will-be-power-in-all-homes-in-six-months-if-i-was-in-charge-fashola-rescued/

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by madridguy(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2016
grin grin grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Jokerman(m): 9:50am On Nov 27, 2016
This guy talks too much these days.... Don't worry na, Tinubu the Jagaban will soon put you in your place....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:50am On Nov 27, 2016
FASHOLA is officially m a d

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by segunjowo(m): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2016
Fashola knows how to talk to patronise people. I haven't seen any tangible thing he has done so far... he should quit talking and start fixing roads and electricity especially in mowe, ibafo, magboro axis. That area lacks electricity to a very bad extent.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:52am On Nov 27, 2016
mightyhaze:
that's wot it looks like to me ! cool

All of a sudden electricity became rocket science,..and spurring so many grammar and philosophy to mask the obvious grin
He thought it's about only talking, but he forgot it's about "Talk and Do..

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:52am On Nov 27, 2016
madridguy:
grin grin grin
he is even confused, omenka would soon come to your aid

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by prince9851(m): 9:59am On Nov 27, 2016
Chai God!
Mr.Oduduwa where were u when God was sharing brain for human bins, u didn't even bother to collect half for urself
now c wat ur decendants are suffering
chai cry

9 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by DelGardo: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2016
Why is this man paining wailers like this? grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by veekid(m): 10:02am On Nov 27, 2016
How can a lawyer do the work of an engineer?

Buhari sef

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Bizibi(m): 10:03am On Nov 27, 2016
The ministers are dormant,it is either the President is not giving them the free will to work or they are just incompetent

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by jneutron4000: 10:04am On Nov 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

I guess his brain was filled with vanilla ice cream when he made this state?? @ link below..

wetin make them talk before?

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:10am On Nov 27, 2016
veekid:

Buhari sef
That's the real definition of Square Peg In A Round Hole

Are you also aware that minister of labour, Mr Chris Ngige studied "Surgery?? Even our minister of Agriculture studied " French..

Buhari sef

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by StOla: 10:13am On Nov 27, 2016
veekid:

Buhari sef

A minister is an administrator.

The only ministry that requires a member of same vocation is ministry of justice because the minister doubles as attorney general. A doctor cannot argue government's case in court or give legal interpretation of a judgement as an attorney general would do.

A Minister of Health is never required to examine a patient or carry out medical examination, perform a surgery or dispense drugs.

A Minister of Works is never required to design engineering plans or structures or tools. Neither is he/she required to operate equipment.

A minister is a political administrator for the ministry. Any governor who has managed a state where such ministries exist and were functional during his tenure, is more than qualified to handle such ministry as the direct administrator.

Overcome your ignorance.

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

The only ministry that requires a member of same vocation is ministry of juctice because the minister doubles as attorney general. A doctor cannot argue government's case in court or give legal interpretation of a judgement as an attorney general would do.

A Minister of Health is never required to examine a patient or carry out medical examination, perform a surgery or dispense drugs.

A Minister of Works is never required to design engineering plans or structures or tools. Neither is he/she required to operate equipment.

A minister is a political administrator for the ministry. Any governor who has managed a state where such ministries exist and were functional during his tenure, is more than qualified to handle such ministry as the direct administrator.

Overcome your ignorance.
The same brain buhari get be this smh

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by StOla: 10:18am On Nov 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That's the real definition of Square Peg In A Round Hole

Are you also aware that minister of labour, Mr Chris Ngige studied "Surgery?? Even our minister of Agriculture studied " French..

Buhari sef

I reckon your brilliant mind requires the minister of Labour to have been a labourer?

Or is the medical profession not part of the labour force of a nation?

And is the said Audu Ogbeh of Agriculture not reputed to be an active agriculture investor?

Ignorant but talkative kids everywhere on Nairaland.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by StOla: 10:20am On Nov 27, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

The same brain buhari get be this smh

Am I surprised your intelligence is limited and as such could not argue the points detailed?

Go play hide and seek.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by acenazt: 10:24am On Nov 27, 2016
Yaahahahahah Chaiii Fash Na u bad pass. See as Dem Zeus and Thor just dey laff Sango. Cheii even electro for Spiderman follow dey crack rib

2 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by softMarket(m): 10:25am On Nov 27, 2016
So we are now talking abt spiritual matters grin

minister of darkest should not provoke god of thunder oh
b4 ur hauz will catch fire o grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by koladebrainiac(m): 10:28am On Nov 27, 2016
All you Ipods that flooded n trying to derail n condemn Fashola here
Since Jonathan your defeated messiah and Obasanjo and yaradua cannot fix power problem in in 16years it is fashola that will now fix it for you in 6momths after you guys have bastardize the sector,destroyed the fabric of Nigeria power Energy.

What am i saying sef- I remember professor Bat Nnaji is a professor in engineering and many engineers that have worked as power minister for 16 years what have they done?have dey generated any megawatt?

You people should cover your faces in shame.

You dont need engineers to be minister,you need decision makers people who knows how to make deal and politics of Electricity and contract signing n pressure management.

Its not about round square peg round hole thing.

Its an old adage thats not working with reality -i mean the square peg of a thing..

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by MuttleyLaff: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Fashola a.k.a Mr. Rocket Science is really trying to justify his incompetency & ineptitude..

A Serious Government Will Fix Its Power Problems In 6months - Fashola
Internet Never Forgets:
h t tp://newsrescue.com/there-will-be-power-in-all-homes-in-six-months-if-i-was-in-charge-fashola-rescued/

solpat:
I also read the lecture whatever.
That guy should do something fast about the electricity situation in the country,
if not
Sango will strike him with 100,000 volts of lightening

jneutron4000:
what incompetency are you talking about?
Na him body or fluid for him body him go use generate power?

segunjowo:
Fashola knows how to talk to patronise people.
I haven't seen any tangible thing he has done so far...
he should quit talking and start fixing roads and electricity especially in
mowe, ibafo, magboro axis.
That area lacks electricity to a very bad extent.
I've always had the impression Fashola is overrated and overhyped by his spin doctor(s)
Fashola's inability and failing to fix the ''Power Problems In 6months'' is the classic case of ''Take a moment to walk in my shoes, I bet you'll fall on the first step''

Bet he's realised that the Power Problem is tantamount to ''Omi po ju oka ni''

28 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2016
If this same thing was said about a god of a particular religion, by now there will be riots and heads for don dey fall off human body.

Abeg Oga Fashola, respect our traditionalists.angry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by koladebrainiac(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
I've always had the impression Fashola is overrated and overhyped by his spin doctor(s)
Fashola's inability and failing to fix the ''Power Problems In 6months'' is the classic case of ''Take a moment to walk in my shoes, I bet you'll fall on the first step''

Bet he's realised that the Power Problem is tantamount to ''Omi po ju oka ni''
Power problem that pdp has destroyed as a matter of fact.

Its easy to destroy something completely and be expecting one stupid Superman to come and make it work in 6months.

Its a normal thing for any serious government to make power generation work in that time frame.
I could remember when Bola Ige was Mimister of power then during Obasanjo,he promised us 8months then .
That was when it was easy to do if they were serious but what did they do? They kept on giving us false hope . now what do we have??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Sammiejokes(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

I reckon your brilliant mind requires the minister of Labour to have been a labourer?

Or is the medical profession not part of the labour force of a nation?

And is the said Audu Ogbeh of Agriculture not reputed to be an active agriculture investor?

Ignorant but talkative kids everywhere on Nairaland.
Don't mind this our generation of dead Brains. Ben Carson is set to be the secretary of housing and urban development. Am having issues with buhari and fashola on power generation. they should remove power generation from exclusive list and liberate the states and local government to generate power.

13 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by MuttleyLaff: 10:51am On Nov 27, 2016
koladebrainiac:
Power problem that pdp has destroyed as a matter of fact.
PDP or APC is neither here or there

Fashola should have known that Naija was already blacking out before PDP
and that the ''Power Problem'' was destroyed even before PDP instead of shooting off the mouth with:
the ''there will be power in all homes in six-months if I was in charge'' - Fashola rescue gimmick remark
OR
the ''A Serious Government Will Fix Its Power Problems In 6months'' - Fashola's other gimmick remark to gain votes

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by koladebrainiac(m): 11:01am On Nov 27, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
PDP or APC is neither here or there

Fashola should have know that Power problem was destroyed even before PDP before shooting off the mouth with:
the ''there will be power in all homes in six-months if I was in charge'' - Fashola rescue gimmick remark
OR
the ''A Serious Government Will Fix Its Power Problems In 6months'' - Fashola's other gimmick remark to gain votes
Yea now
If they were ever serious they would have fixed it .
But they destroyed more than how they met it. Now they expect Fashola to fix it in 6years.

Didnt you read the news
There were contracts that were not properly signed,legal issues and money not being paid to previous contractors. So how do u expect him to come n fix it in 6months?

PDP had the chances to fix it in 6months. They always promised us December then with huge budget allocation for power sector.
What did we have? They left the sector decayed,privatized it and continue corrupting the sector. After they want Donald Trump abi one sango to come and fix it in 6months.

If they were serious,they would have fixed it .

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FG Declares Wednesday September 27 Public Holiday / Tinubu To Appoint Olanipekun Olukoyede As New EFCC Chairman - Premium Times / Hilarious Photo :president Buhari's News Conference . Give This Photo A Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.