Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? (949 Views)

Cubana Chief Priest Slams "Dirty Minded Broke People" / How You Can Make Your Small Business Compete With A Larger Competitor.. / 5 Dirty Businesses In Nigeria That Fetch Big Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 06, 2016
I operate a lotto agency business and adjacent to my shop is this competitor of mine who had his eyes set on my most valuable customer to the extent that he had started visiting my Customer at his shop to talk bad about me and enquire if the customer in question is willing to play games and this had stopped my customer from coming to my shop to patronise me.
what can I do to stop this menace?
cc. lalasticlala
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by tripplephi: 11:50am On Apr 06, 2016
alexistaiwo:
I operate a lotto agency business and adjacent to my shop is this competitor of mine who had his eyes set on my most valuable customer to the extent that he had started visiting my Customer at his shop to talk bad about me and enquire if the customer in question is willing to play games and this had stopped my customer from coming to my shop to patronise me.
what can I do to stop this menace?
cc. lalasticlala

He visits your customer because you don't. Create good relationship with all your good customers and they will be loyal to you o. Simple business rules.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 06, 2016
tripplephi:

He visits your customer because you don't. Create good relationship with all your good customers and they will be loyal to you o. Simple business rules.
that I already know and I have a good relationship with the customer but it seems you don't know how lotto agency works. customers are easily swayed by promise of more winnings hence we usually operate with the code each agency to it own customer unless the customer decides to switch by his own volition

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by thesicilian: 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan...

I guess if you deliver on your promises, with time the customer will know who he can trust between the two of you.
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
thesicilian:
Eleyi gidi gan...

I guess if you deliver on your promises, with time the customer will know who he can trust between the two of you.
thanks. have already decided on a course of action and I think it worked
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by thesicilian: 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
alexistaiwo:

thanks. have already decided on a course of action and I think it worked
so what did you do?
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
thesicilian:
so what did you do?
let just say I paid him back in his own coin
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by ilsmiling(m): 8:07am On Apr 07, 2016
Hope d op didnt get rid of his competitor. Business isnt do or die affair.
Pray, be good 2 pple & God will bless ur hustle.
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 07, 2016
ilsmiling:
Hope d op didnt get rid of his competitor. Business isnt do or die affair.
Pray, be good 2 pple & God will bless ur hustle.
i did nothing of such
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 07, 2016
hmmm
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by BLWeb: 8:32am On Apr 07, 2016
alexistaiwo:
let just say I paid him back in his own coin

To be more successful than any perceived competitor in business, you have to be innovative.
Most of the time it is lack of innovation that makes a business owner so fixated on a customer
or certain number of customers.

Another factor that brings badblood in this your situation is your operation area projection,
if you only dwell in just a section of your street, and you depend on those customers from
that section for your business to survive then you will always remain wary of any competitor
that comes into view. What if you expand your area of operation? Open another shop in another accommodating area,
than replicate it in another area, and so on?

What may also be the problem might your self, your psyche.
If you have a business vision that is all encompassing and has a global perspective,
why worry about a competitor just by the street?
So you may have to ask yourself if this is really your business passion or you just want to live by and survive.
Because passion knows no competition and passion also works with the perceived competitor to achieve its aims.
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 07, 2016
BLWeb:

To be more successful than any perceived competitor in business, you have to be innovative.
Most of the time it is lack of innovation that makes a business owner so fixated on a customer
or certain number of customers.

Another factor that brings badblood in this your situation is your operation area projection,
if you only dwell in just a section of your street, and you depend on those customers from
that section for your business to survive then you will always remain wary of any competitor
that comes into view. What if you expand your area of operation? Open another shop in another accommodating area,
than replicate it in another area, and so on?

What may also be the problem might your self, your psyche.
If you have a business vision that is all encompassing and has a global perspective,
why worry about a competitor just by the street?
So you may have to ask yourself if this is really your business passion or you just want to live by and survive.
Because passion knows no competition and passion also works with the perceived competitor to achieve its aims.
hmmmm
food for thought
Re: How Do I Deal With This Dirty-Playing Competitor Of Mine? by Freaknasty: 9:38am On Apr 07, 2016
Too all of you talking about building a good relationship with customers. Understand this fact.

Customers are not loyal and never expect them to be.

As a business man you should try your best. Give it your best shot but bear in mind that some customers will still switch.

That's why it is good to explore new territories. New customers etc

(1) (Reply)

What is The aim of Jaiz Bank? / How To Go Into Wine Selling Buz - I Need Your Help And Advice Please!!! / ISE OWO( African Material Handmade Products)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.