Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. (1092 Views)

Akwa Ibom Girl Abandoned By Family And Left To Die, Rescued (Photo) / Mothers(-in-law) Vs. Wives. Why Can't They Just Get Along? / How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by MiztaGentle: 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2016
Its really painful to me right now that whenever anyone around me is badly in need, sometimes I go to the length of giving my last kobo, because I know tomorrow is another day and it must be well as long as there is life.

Now I just found myself in a situation where I need to pay an urgent 20k and I don't have it. I went through my phone since morning, noting all contacts I have, and these include friends I have helped alot and also family members whom my family have helped alot. Because my dad is retired and I'll I obviously don't ask him for money at my age because I actually try to take care of him even though he likes forming he is very OK.

I called everyone I have noted down but to my surprise not even one can help me with the 20k even when I promised to pay back by next week with interest. What baffled me was that even some that I have given money up to hundreds of thousands all in the name of borrowing and never paid back because I didn't ask can't even consider my help then and all I have been getting is one story or the other about wife and kids because am not married or one project or the other because of what I don't know.

I just shared this out of my mind to know if people really face stuffs like this or it's just me.
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by ammyluv2002(f): 12:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
The sooner you realise you're alone in this world the easier it will be.....even your blood can disappoint you anytime

Put all your trust in God #VerySimple

1 Like

Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by MiztaGentle: 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
Wow that's sad... So I guess I have really been over nice for no reason. A lesson well learnt.
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by byvan03: 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
It's not you, most people will desert a loved one at their point of need. You can't count on humans, they disappoint no matter how good you have been to some. Welcome to the real world!
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by YorubaWoman: 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
In this cold world,

Ko lori dori re mu ni
Ko si afenifere mo, afenifebi lopo
Idile eniyan gan debi omo iya ko feni fun re depodepo ore
No friend, no foe
Olorun nikan loluranlowo eniyan, a gbudo gbekele eleran ara
Yoo ku da smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by emilyone(f): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
YorubaWoman:
In this cold world,

Ko lori dori re mu ni
Ko si afenifere mo, afenifebi lopo
Idile eniyan gan debi omo iya ko feni fun re depodepo ore
No friend, no foe

Ooto oro loso yen, omo iya

1 Like

Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by delishpot: 12:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
You have to know that condition is bending crayfish these days o. Imagine if someone that helped you in the past calls on you now for help and you tell him that even you are looking g for whom to borrow from, will the person not think the same thing you are thinking now?

3 Likes

Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by MiztaGentle: 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
It is well....
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by Pennsylvania: 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
Op,
I feel your pain, but you should realized that helping someone who's in need doesn't really mean the person will help you when you need him/her too.
We are all humans.
May God see you through!
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by MiztaGentle: 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
Pennsylvania:
Op,
I feel your pain, but you should realized that helping someone who's in need doesn't really mean the person will help you when you need him/her too.
We are all humans.
May God see you through!

Yeah I get you. Its kind of different to me when it's the someone is actually supposed to be a friend or family than just an unfamiliar person you choose to help randomly. What then are friends and family suppose to be for?
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by eyinjuege: 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
MiztaGentle:

Yeah I get you. Its kind of different to me when it's the someone is actually supposed to be a friend or family than just an unfamiliar person you choose to help randomly. What then are friends and family suppose to be for?

You need to understand that everyone has got their own palavar they're trying to deal with. Some are looking for school fees as children are resuming soon, some are looking for money to complete house rent, and some people are truly broke.

It's just one of those things OP. Don't feel so bad.

Na condition make crayfish bend
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by Cultured(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
@OP

It's conventional wisdom that those who like to receive/preach about the importance of giving when they don't have anything (opportunists, leeches, too clever by half and covetous people) are never good in giving. Next time, choose your circle of associates/friends well.

Well, still take solace in the fact that the hand of a giver is always on top. However, don't forget, cheerful wise people never give and "hope" that their beneficiaries will reciprocate same gesture to them in their time of needs, at worst they do "have hope" that their beneficiaries may reciprocate to their kindness when they have need. In all, I pray may your immediate need never consume you instead may it be a new source of worthy experience and cause of advancement in your life.
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by itstpia8: 7:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
Being nice is its own reward.

Nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
Welcome to reality. The most painful part is when it's an immediate family member.
I prefer asking people am not related to than family members.
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by genuineone: 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
From today, register this in your mind that nobody can help you. It is only GOD that can help you, though He might decide to use anyone.
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by cococandy(f): 9:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
The economy is harsh.

1 Like

Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 07, 2016
OP not to worry it happens a lot

I have also assisted people with my last drop of sweat, but truth is that most times these people are not the ones to help you in your own time... They always have tales to tell...

But for me I thank God that I have been very fortunate when it comes to getting assistance (financial or otherwise) in time of need
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by Funminicrown: 8:12am On Apr 07, 2016
It's a general phenomenon, no one is ready to help you. Do you know why? They feel you're a racing and the last thing they would want is to see you go far higher in life and it shouldn't be.
Family and friends that could be of help with good paying jobs will keep storying you because they don't want you near their level talkless of being ahead of them.
The day i came to this understanding was the day i started doing fine and my best quote is "everyman for himself, God for us all".

1 Like

Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by MiztaGentle: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2016
Funminicrown:
It's a general phenomenon, no one is ready to help you. Do you know why? They feel you're a racing and the last thing they would want is to see you go far higher in life and it shouldn't be.
Family and friends that could be of help with good paying jobs will keep storying you because they don't want you near their level talkless of being ahead of them.
The day i came to this understanding was the day i started doing fine and my best quote is "everyman for himself, God for us all".

I really love your last quote. I will always take that into consideration. It really makes so much sense to me.
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by belamour(m): 9:29am On Apr 07, 2016
@Op Do you Still Need The 20k
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by MiztaGentle: 11:32am On Apr 07, 2016
belamour:
@Op Do you Still Need The 20k

Yes ooo, I am crazily still looking for it and I will pay back.
Re: Family And Friends: Why Can't They Ever Help You. by Funminicrown: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
MiztaGentle:

I really love your last quote. I will always take that into consideration. It really makes so much sense to me.
Yesooo "everyman for himself, God for us all". People don't give a damn about your welfare. Those who ask about how you're doing only want to know if you aren't doing better than them.

(1) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Picture / My Hubby Attempted To Rape My Younger Sister Several Times / Just A Quick Reminder, Today's Mothers Are Becoming Lazy! Take A Look At This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.