Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,196 members, 7,829,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years (4315 Views)

Nigeria May Go The Way Of Rwanda, Congo DR, Says Ezekwesili / Governance Is Stagnant Because Buhari Is Working With His Enemies — Buba Galadim / Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Maximum83: 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2016
I went to a popular restaurant in the city of Lagos to have my lunch,after my lunch, the lady gave a toothpick and I discovered to my amazement that it was imported from China. I said to myself ordinary stick we are importing, then Nigeria is finished

I brought out my camon c8 to take a snapshot of the took pick. See for yourself.

If you check now since the dollar rise, made in Aba shoes are gaining lots of patronage. Those N1500 shoes are made in Aba and people are buying now. The Ibos will be killing themselves by bringing ridiculous items to Nigeria. The importers should stop silly importation of ridiculous items like toothpicks and things we can easily produce in Nigeria and NIGERIA will be better for it.

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Orator2383: 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
What a ghost nation. Ordinary took pick that I can use my knife to do, those useless importers will soon be importing shit to the country.

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Pheals(f): 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2016

u just know that bro shocked!!

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
Maximum83:
I went to a popular restaurant in the city of Lagos to have my lunch,after my lunch, the lady gave a tookpick and I discovered to my amazement that it was imported from China. I said to myself ordinary stick we are importing, then Nigeria is finished

I brought out my camon c8 to take a snapshot of the took pick. See for yourself.

If you check now since the dollar rise, made in Aba shoes are gaining lots of patronage. Those N1500 shoes are made in Aba and people are buying now. The Ibos will be killing themselves by bringing ridiculous items to Nigeria. The importers should stop silly importation of ridiculous items like took picks and things we can easily produce in Nigeria and NIGERIA will be better for it.
Are u not a nigerian? Why haven't u been making toothpicks? Don't tell me u don't have fund cos toothpick production is very easy. So u see everybody is guilty in one way or the other. Lest I forget ur post would have been a little reasonable but u failed when u try to accuse a particular tribe of being behind the importation mess in the country, I believe u are an adult so I will implore u to hence forth begin to talk reasonably and responsible especially in a public forum like this.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Movic1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lol! its not new. i see/use it everyday. grin Common matchstick we import it from china. Tell me why i should abuse Trump
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by asha80(m): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
ethene:

Are u not a nigerian? Why haven't u been making toothpicks? Don't tell me u don't have fund cos toothpick production is very easy. So u see everybody is guilty in one way or the other. Lest I forget ur post would have been a little reasonable but u failed when u try to accuse a particular tribe of being behind the importation mess in the country, I believe u are an adult so I will implore u to hence forth begin to talk reasonably and responsible especially in a public forum like this.
and the eg he gave was from that same ethnic group he seems to be castigating..he just is blind

5 Likes

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Maximum83: 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
ethene:

bro I am not castigating them, I mean if Nigeria will rise productively, the Ibos should stop bringing things that will kill their local production, they are majorly the most active in term of production. It's an advice

2 Likes

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by BustScam: 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
OP

You cannot spell toothpick

Also. i observe you use a Camon C8 camera to take this picture

Are you sure? Cos I know the phone has a clearer camera oooo

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by kuuljay(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
Nobody should devalue the naira,the hardship will give no other option than to look inward,you will be shocked that some people import water

2 Likes

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by frankyychiji(f): 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2016
Op, ethene has said it all, listen to him.
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Maximum83: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
BustScam:
OP

Yes bro it from camon c8
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by MizMyColi(f): 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin

This OP can lie for Africa oh cheesy

Saying you took such bright picture under a terrible low light condition with a Camon C8?

Someone else needs to confirm your story.

If true, then I really don't blame those who are comparing it C8 to iPhone.

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
Maximum83:
I went to a popular restaurant in the city of Lagos to have my lunch,after my lunch, the lady gave a toothpick and I discovered to my amazement that it was imported from China. I said to myself ordinary stick we are importing, then Nigeria is finished

If you check now since the dollar rise, made in Aba shoes are gaining lots of patronage. Those N1500 shoes are made in Aba and people are buying now. The Ibos will be killing themselves by bringing ridiculous items to Nigeria. The importers should stop silly importation of ridiculous items like toothpicks and things we can easily produce in Nigeria and NIGERIA will be better for it.
Thanks for telling us your phone Type. How much did you buy it?
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
MizMyColi:
grin grin grin grin

This OP can lie for Africa oh cheesy

Saying you took such bright picture under a terrible low light condition with a Camon C8?

Someone else needs to confirm your story.

If true, then I really don't blame those who are comparing it C8 to iPhone.
Nne do you have a Camon C8? Leave the Op because he is flexing his Tekno
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by adconline(m): 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
Maximum83:
bro I am not castigating them, I mean if Nigeria will rise productively, the Ibos should stop bringing things that will kill their local production, they are majorly the most active in term of production. It's an advice
What a display of willful ignorance and congenital idiocy? So Igbos are now responsible for PHCN/NEPA plunging the nation into a complete blackout? OK now, tell your Messiah to go us light pls, then we can manufacture pure water and toothpick

2 Likes

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Environer: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Maximum83:

If you check now since the dollar rise, made in Aba shoes are gaining lots of patronage. Those N1500 shoes are made in Aba and people are buying now. The Ibos will be killing themselves by bringing ridiculous items to Nigeria.

This man is the most confused ape that walked planet earth. See how he speaks from both sides of his mouth
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Environer: 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
BTW, the op is an untraveled ignoramus. Toothpicks are also imported from China to the US and EU. There are a million and one products that can be manufactured. A country does not have to manufacture every single one of them. Otherwise, with who/what do you do international trade if every country produces the same products? Countries choose what they have the advantage of doing, while leaving others for other countries.
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
Some local producers are Jst using foreign names to promote their sales
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by MizMyColi(f): 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
Fedayeen:
Nne do you have a Camon C8? Leave the Op because he is flexing his Tekno

It's not about leaving him Bro.
I just need confirmation that it's really a C8 camera.
if it is, I might consider it.
Trust me.

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by TeeFeh(f): 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
So are the igbos nagging over this issue?
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by TeeFeh(f): 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
Fedayeen:
Thanks for telling us your phone Type. How much did you buy it?
You can't goto bbs.tecno-mobile.com to ask ur fellow people the price abi?You can't know the exact price here nah,some people will lie and say 40k
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by mauriceju2(m): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
guy you don't know what is going on, most of the things label made in China etc are made in Nigeria the Igbo just wayo you so that you can buy it since they discover that you love foreign goods, provide steady light and see everything falling to it normal place, to produce with generator is not profitable oooooooooooooooooh

2 Likes

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by stonemasonn: 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nigeria remains stagnant because one part of the nation is forced to wait forever for the other part to catch up. Unfortunately the other part always have control of power and don't give a damn about catching up.

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by mikolo80: 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
Orator2383:
What a ghost nation. Ordinary took pick that I can use my knife to do, those useless importers will soon be importing shit to the country.
do mowu buy na
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Yorubago(f): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
Environer:
BTW, the op is an untraveled ignoramus. Toothpicks are also imported from China to the US and EU. There are a million and one products that can be manufactured. A country does not have to manufacture every single one of them. Otherwise, with who/what do you do international trade if every country produces the same products? Countries choose what they have the advantage of doing, while leaving others for other countries.
You can't comare the US and Britain to Nigeria... They dont have more resources than we do... If not for government US can't stand with Nigeria
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Maximum83: 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
Environer:
Who is talking about US here, is US a consuming nation like yours? There are about tree resources in Nigeria so why importing this trash to Nigeria
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Sodebo: 9:24am On Apr 09, 2016
OP, I'm sorry for all the lashing. From you not being able to spell toothpick, you lying about your phone type, to you speaking from both sides of your mouth. Believe me, some of us understands your message and we'll do well to advocate for made in Nigeria toothpick. I'm sure when we start producing toothpicks, the nations problems will be over. Isn't it?
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Babalegba(m): 10:00am On Apr 09, 2016
This particular thread is the proof that Nigeria is a nation of retaards.The o.p has just realized what Buhari has been saying for months and the main reason why he is unable to devalue the naira.Nigeria is a lazy import dependent country that has to start producing goods for her own consumption asap. Everything in Nigeria is tribalized and most so called people have chips on their shoulders the size of boulders .Many Nigerians actually hope and pray for Buhari to fail, that's how stupid the nation is.Without a vibrant export sector Nigeria cannot grow, that is the whole point of the o.PS thread, alas a nation whose I.q is the level of a plant cannot grow.Don't bother to quote me because I despise wilful retataards with their meaningless money obsessed lives.
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by tymajek: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
So y'all really believe that toothpick was imported......ifaar hear
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by tymajek: 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
You really think so?

Yorubago:

You can't comare the US and Britain to Nigeria... They dont have more resources than we do... If not for government US can't stand with Nigeria
Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Cdave: 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
I taya o...the camera looks like tecno M3...LOL

BustScam:
OP

Re: See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years by Cliveglobal1(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
It's a well known fact that Nigeria Imports Toothpicks, It just got an Acclaimed Recognition when it was banned from assessing Forex, We need to Do more to Grow our Manufacturing Industries.

BTW, Nice shot with the Camon phone by the Way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Awo's Resignation Letter After Biafran War And Gowon's Reply. / Unbelievable!!! See What President Buhari Did At World Leaders Meeting (Photo) / See The Most Protected President In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.