Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa (32069 Views)

Nigeria Will Grow Faster Than S’africa In 2018, Says IMF / ☰ Africa Check To El-rufai: No Data Shows Kaduna Has More Gold Than South Africa / No Data Shows Kaduna Has Gold More Than South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, says a single local government in the state has more gold than the entirety of South Africa.

Speaking at the opening of the Kaduna economic and investment forum in the state on Wednesday, el-Rufai said solid minerals would attract as much as N40 billion.

“On solid minerals, you’ve seen the presentation, the minerals we have in Kaduna, but they missed out a very important mineral: gold,” he said.

“We’ve just confirmed that Kaduna state, indeed Birnin Gwari local government alone, has more gold than South Africa. This is proven, this is verifiable; we have all the data and we are collaborating with the federal ministry of solid mineral.”

He said the investment in mining gold would also focus on the local miners and help them improve and make money.

“To ensure that we bring international companies that would invest billions of naira in Birnin Gwari, to exploit our gold and export it, so that Kaduna state and Nigeria gets the benefits.

“But more than that, these companies, would also take the local miners, and formalise them and train them, so that they would all continue to make money.

“This is the model we are pursuing and we think about 40 billion would be attracted in solid minerals.”

INTEREST-FREE LOANS FOR FARMERS

The Kaduna state governor also said his team was leveraging on its agricultural prowess – as the state with the best ginger in the world – to provide interest free loans for farmers in the state.

“We have put in our budget, our intent to borrow N2.1 billion from the central bank for the rice anchor programme. The anchor borrowing programme enables the state government to access funds from the central bank at one percent interest.

“The state government has decided that our farmers would get these monies interest free. So we have put in the budget, the interest component of the anchor borrowing project. We pay the interest.

“We are also doing N5 billion naira for ginger production in Kaduna. We have putting N5 billion to triple ginger production, we have the best ginger in the world.”

12 BILLS IN 9 MONTHS, TSA IN RECORD TIME

El-Rufai applauded the state house of assembly for passing 12 bills in nine months, adding that the state implemented treasury single account (TSA) in less than two months.

“We also were the first state to introduce the treasury single account and here I must express my gratitude to the world bank, the IMF and the central bank, for giving us the technical assistance that made us implement the treasury single account in less than two months. It’s a world record.

“Essentially, we moved from 470 government accounts, to one account. 124 MDAs complied, and as at the 31st of August, we had nearly 25 billion in our TSA, which was a sort of record.”

https://www.thecable.ng/el-rufai-one-kaduna-lga-has-more-gold-than-safrica

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by DonBobes(m): 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
FTC!
Mak i comment later abeg!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
El rufai love exaggeration. Kaduna might have gold deposits not as much as South Africa

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by DonBobes(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Thnk God i made it again o.
Aha, chei e no easy, it didnt easy, it doesn't easy. All na d samething.

Back to d matter.

Na him Elrufai wan islamise Kaduna state and he also wants to attract investors? He must b licking his own as$! He shuld better change frm his ways. Funny man. Mak i see hw investors go com nw, mak dem com mak him jail dem wit Sharia. Him no well.

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by DonBobes(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Fedayeen:
El rufai love exaggeration. Kaduna might have gold deposits not as much as South Africa
No mind d short man abeg. Na LIEnus b him name.

24 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by fulanimafia: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
The exploitation of the North's huge solid mineral deposits is way overdue, which is why the falling value of crude oil is a blessing in disguise.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by bolanto24(m): 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
Any proceeds gotten from gold and other solid minerals in Kaduna or anywhere else in the north belongs to ALL NIGERIANS, and it must be shared accordingly. We don't want a different law in the north from what is obtainable in the Niger Delta.

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by fulanimafia: 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
DonBobes:
Thnk
Na him Elrufai wan islamise Kaduna state and he also wants to attract investors? He must b licking his own as$! He shuld better change frm his ways. Funny man. Mak i see hw investors go com nw, mak dem com mak him jail dem wit Sharia. Him no well.

You should have tuned in to CHANNELS earlier to see the dozens of foreign investors that showed up for the Kaduna Economic Summit. Don't be sleeping on a bicycle.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by SleekMallam: 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
Buhari should also open an excess gold account EGA in this era of solid minerals diversification since the Niger Delta crude is worthless.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by sosanova: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
grin grin grin
Hell Rufai is still suffering from the hot slap his deputy gave him last month.

24 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by iyb(m): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
fulanimafia:
The exploitation of the North's huge solid mineral deposits is way overdue, which is why the falling value of crude oil is a blessing in disguise.
northern nigeria the home of minerals and agriculture grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by babdap: 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Explore and let's share the money like proceeds from crude oil.

10 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by DonBobes(m): 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
fulanimafia:

You should have tuned in to CHANNELS earlier to see the dozens of foreign investors that showed up for the Kaduna Economic Summit. Don't be sleeping on a bicycle.

*faints

Make Lalasticlala, Seun & mynd44 com wake me abeg!

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Lilimax(f): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
Talk talk Governor.! embarassed Please we need more action than words.
Until Kaduna state becomes the envy of other states in Nigeria in terms of Infrastructure and per capita income,
I will not reckon with you.

Talk less and do more biko! smiley

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by OBAGADAFFI: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
The same noise Aregbesola made in Osun, now he is begging for money leftrightandcenter.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by malton: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
bolanto24:
Any proceeds gotten from gold and other solid minerals in Kaduna or anywhere else in the north belongs to ALL NIGERIANS, and it must be shared accordingly. We don't want a different law in the north from what is obtainable in the Niger Delta.
And who said anything to suggest that it will belong only to Kaduna State?

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by martyns303(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
With this statement, I think this is the best time to finally diversify the economy, or at least give us true federalism. Let every state explore her potentials and contribute her quota.

Niger Delta oil can no longer build roads from South to North, East to West. Pay civil servants, build schools, build airports, mentain embassies and pay jumbo salaries to legislators. It's enough!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Lilimax(f): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
The same noise Aregbesola made in Osun, now he is begging for money leftrightandcenter.
smiley

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by sirTesco(m): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
Ehn
will anything good ever come from the North
The only news we are used to hear from that region are bombing, sporadic shooting, fire incidents, invasion of villages etc etc.

This NEWS looks weird coming from the 'not'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Hemanwel(m): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
This Anti-christ just wants to be gracing the headlines on daily basis. If what you're saying is true,so what are you waiting for in hitting the ground running and exploring the resources?

BTW:

I used to think that people come on here to cook up lies about the growing number of APC supporters who are now joining the "wailers association", as regards the incompetence and cluelessness of this Buhari administration.The rate at which my yell.owbar friends are raining curse on this government is now alarming.
Some have refused to swallow their pride openly and admit their gullibility in the last general elections but deep in their hearts,they are wishing they'd remained neutral at the polls.A friend who,at the slightest opportunity, always sing praises of Buhari when he was newly sworn-in now avoids discussions about the state of the nation.
Na real wah!

9 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
One Local Government has more Gold than the whole of South Africa
#shudders#....This man can lie ooo.

14 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Wazobia12(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
Baba have u now known the date of ya die? grin

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Arsenate(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
This won't go down well with most nairalanders.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by gragraboy: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Which kind lie be dis for dis kind hot afternoon?!

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by walegee(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Good news
Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by hucienda: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
And we are still experiencing economic problems, ehn El-Rufai? Contribute to the baking the national cake, oil is loosing value... then don't forget your 13%..

Afterall, the gold doesn't belong to Kaduna but Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by LajaLaba: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oh come on Rufai!!!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Gold... and the economy isn't any better. anyway I still believe in Nigeria, the best is yet to come. Tough times to me are stepping stones to great achievements. I call them breakthrough in disguise.
*Nigeria remains my country no matter what happens *

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by donholy28(m): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
OK but where d gold dey?

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Kaxmytex(m): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by ItzTun3chi(m): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
sosanova:
grin grin grin
Hell Rufai is still suffering from the hot slap his deputy gave him last month.
why yhu remind us again self? angry

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa by Darlinkate: 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares Photo With Bukola Saraki, Captions It ''God Is With Us My Man / Elections: Supporters Hold Saraki Hostage, Demand Money / Six Years Of Buhari: How Ebonyi Has fared Since 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.