Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother (776 Views)

Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try / Man Pictured Breastfeeding His Newborn Baby. Is This Healthy? / Laye Ajube, The Mother Of The 10 Children Whose Photo Went Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by DrAda(f): 9:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
Everyone talks about benefits of breastfeeding to the child but there are also some benefits to the mom who has chosen to breastfeed her child.

Remember that one episode on "Desperate Housewives" where one of the moms kept breastfeeding her child till age 5 years or so because it helped her to keep her figure? Yeah, that is one benefit of breastfeeding. As long as you maintain your regular diet, I guarantee you that your pre-pregnancy weight will bounce back in no time.

Breastfeeding fosters that bond between mother and child. You get that warm fuzzy feeling that you are doing the best for your baby by providing him with the best food a baby should ever get. Also, feel good hormones are been released when breastfeeding warding off depression associated with child birth.

It protects against ovarian and uterine cancer. It is still not clear how this happens but it has been established that breastfeeding does indeed protect against cancers.

It prevent bleeding after birth. Moms who breastfeed soon after birth will confirm a tightening sensation that occurs at the belly area during breastfeeding. That is the uterus contracting which helps to stop bleeding.

It reduces stress. Stress of making food, washing bottles, taking your child to hospital because of increased risk of infections and allergies when on artificial milk, financial costs of buying artificial milk, abdominal colic, chaos. Breastfeeding simply put, improves your quality of life and makes the whole mothering experience beautiful and peaceful.

Finally, it is a natural contraceptive. It protects against getting pregnant for at least a year.

Wow, really, all moms should release those breasts from those sexy straps and start breastfeeding every infant that moves. Just kidding or am I?

www.kiddiesmatters.com

Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by mackhunter77: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
if breasts were transferable,I'd rather collect my wife'sbreast feed my children considering the alarming rate of women who don't wanna breast feed their kids.
Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by DrAda(f): 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
mackhunter77:
if breasts were transferable,I'd rather collect my wife'sbreast feed my children considering the alarming rate of women who don't wanna breast feed their kids.
I must confess that I didn't breastfeed my first baby. At the time, I felt my Breastmilk wasn't enough so I resorted to artificial milk. Exclusively breastfed my second child though and I had the best experience ever. There is really nothing like it, my figure bounced back almost immediately and better. No hospital visits for almost a year, no money spent on artificial milk, no menses to cramp your style. It was just perfect

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by Blade21: 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
You forgot to add that exclusive bf is cheap and free I did for my two boys 6months and I love it sharp and healthy

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by DrAda(f): 1:12am On Apr 07, 2016
Blade21:
You forgot to add that exclusive bf is cheap and free I did for my two boys 6months and I love it sharp and healthy
Yes, thank you. I assumed that was implied when I talked about cost.
Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by yvelchstores(f): 8:22am On Apr 07, 2016
It isn't always a natural contraceptive o b4 someone falls victim and gets pregnant again. If you start seeing your period as early as one month after giving birth, u are back to the business of conception. Even if u are exclusively breast feeding.

(1) (Reply)

Ridiculous Reasons Kids Cry / Its A Man's Responsibility To Feed The Wife (mugabe) / I Need To Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.