Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,793 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Is God To Blame - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God To Blame (1081 Views)

LADIES IF YOU GO TO HELL AFTER READING THIS THEN YOU HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God To Blame by skydancer: 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2009
Sometimes I wonder. Why does God punish us when we sin, yet He knows all. When He created us, He knew everything sin that we'll commit. He knows whether we are going to heaven in the end or not. It looks as if He sets a stage and watch us humans playing, experimenting on us. Watching the reactions of his most beloved creation. Sound like an atheist or the devil himself? I'm neither but I can't deny this any longer. Well I think I will go to heaven grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is God To Blame by Kunbee: 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2009
And ur point is
Re: Is God To Blame by mamag3: 1:24am On Jul 31, 2009
I still don't get your point? sad
Re: Is God To Blame by skydancer: 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2009
My point is does it matter whether we choose to do good or bad since our faith is already determined. Are humans responsible for even theire so-called 'freewill'. Do the actions we take really change anything or are we just nothing better than pawns on a huge chessboard called the 'earth'. wink
Re: Is God To Blame by Krayola2(m): 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2009
If we always did good the world would be a great place. That is a good enough reason. There is no God waiting to throw u in hell for having a wet dream
Re: Is God To Blame by Tudor6(f): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2009
God is a figment of the imagination.
Spend your time living your life rather than bothering how to please some cock and bull entity.
Re: Is God To Blame by sarmy(m): 8:06am On Aug 01, 2009
Krayola2:

If we always did good the world would be a great place. That is a good enough reason. There is no God waiting to throw u in hell for having a wet dream

Could it be that this world is not as real is it seems, the real life is pure, perfect, everlasting.

If though we are not as good as God knows how to give good things to our children, how much more a perfect God, how could He have given an imperfect, evil world as the REAL life.

This could only be a dream, most especially Nigeria and other African countries, a loving father would give much better life as the real life.

Point is: God is REAL, this present life not the REAL life, God can not be blamed for our present life created through our collective 'dream'
Re: Is God To Blame by Tudor6(f): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2009
Are you okay man?
Re: Is God To Blame by sarmy(m): 8:29am On Aug 01, 2009
Very OK

Is this world perfectly OK?
Re: Is God To Blame by skydancer: 12:34am On Aug 02, 2009
I think I got a little enlightenement lately. Imagine that you are a king who has a sorcerer or prophet. The prophet has told you everything that will happen. Your job is to do what you must do for what must come to happen. God is not a lover of magic. He likes things to follow procedures because He is perfect. He first created us simply to be happy. We were in the garden of eden where there is no suffering. All was about joy. We lacked nothing. But after man became corrupt with the sin of disobedience He punished him and sent him down to earth to toil on his own, to suffer to achieve. It is assumed man was tempted by the devil who now came down to build an army from God's own creation that He had become angry with. God gave satan full authority to do as he wished knowing what will happen in the end. Satan is simply interested in gathering his own army to fight God at the seconf battle at which he shall be defeated and bound in the lake of fire. Then the perfect Kingdom of God would reign once and forever, but this still raises one more question. Why did God create the devil if He knew what the devil would do.

Sarmy try and see the world not as imperfect but as a place of test and suffering. We were sent down to earth to be tempted by the devil because of our sins. We must do our best while on earth. We must show repentance to God and desire to be with the Almighty Father our Creator who loves us like Himself. We must try to show this love back not as a child who is beaten because of his sin cries and sometimes even curses his father but as the good child who recognizes while he is being punished and tries not to repeat the cause for which he was beaten again. smiley
Re: Is God To Blame by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 02, 2009
@ poster

the devil also punishes, you know.
Re: Is God To Blame by bawomolo(m): 4:42am On Aug 02, 2009
man's imperfection is to blame
Re: Is God To Blame by skydancer: 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2009
I'm not the devil's advocate but I can sure tell you he only punishes those that God loves(those that persecutes him) but God is always there for us. If you're really ready to shun God and serve the devil, the only punishment you can get will be from God. That's why the main occult grandmasters are satisfied with themselves, but what man cannot beat is the power of love God has put in him. Without love, I believe the world will be full of heartless people ready to join the army of the devil. wink
Re: Is God To Blame by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 03, 2009
skydancer:

I'm not the devil's advocate but I can sure tell you he only punishes those that God loves(those that persecutes him) but God is always there for us.

the devil punishes his own oh. undecided

Not meaning he or it doesnt also strike Christians but God is there to help with that, like you mentioned.
Re: Is God To Blame by kolaoloye(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2009
@OP,
The answer to your Question is NO.
Our Creator is Flawless, Follow His instructions and you would be fine.
Re: Is God To Blame by banom(m): 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2009
kola oloye:

@OP,
The answer to your Question is NO.
Our Creator is[b] Flawless[/b], Follow His instructions and you would be fine.

How can he be flawless while he openly regreted creating you, meaning he acknowldged his msitake,

can a flawless creator make a mistake ?
Re: Is God To Blame by FMK(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
is not God that came down and told you to do evil or Good  is first your conscience  neither Santan to come in your life and  tell you to do evil  undecidedunless you give him access . so, do not  take God  as your  soreness sources   is your conscience first  to know what is good and evil  sad
Re: Is God To Blame by skydancer: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2009
@FMK: Who is your conscience?

@Banom: Where and how did God regret creating us
Re: Is God To Blame by FMK(m): 6:40am On Aug 05, 2009
my conscience is my internal
Re: Is God To Blame by kolaoloye(m): 9:20am On Aug 05, 2009
FMK:

my conscience is my internal
NO, your conscience is the spirit of God in you.
Re: Is God To Blame by Tudor6(f): 9:53am On Aug 05, 2009
skydancer:

@FMK: Who is your conscience?

@Banom: Where and how did God regret creating us
Is Genesis 6:6 missing from your bible?
And the lord REGRETTED that he had made man on earth and it grieved him to his heart
Re: Is God To Blame by skydancer: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2009
Forgive me, but what is this your internal I always thought our conscience is the communication between us and the guardian angel which God assigned to us; whose work is merely to guard guide and be a witness to all we do.
Re: Is God To Blame by Tudor6(f): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2009
skydancer:

Forgive me, but what is this your internal I always thought our conscience is the communication between us and the guardian angel which God assigned to us; whose work is merely to guard guide and be a witness to all we do.
Sorry to say this is 5 year old thinking.

The conscience is simply a prompting you get from your sub conscious when you go against rules or your own moral standards, it's pretty relative to culture and different society.
For example if a child is brought up in a cannibal society where it's totally acceptable to kill and eat people while it's illegal or a taboo to urinate standing up, the said child would gladly kill and eat a human being without any worries from a conscience because as far as he's concerned he's broken no rule or moral principle meanwhile that same child would feel as guilty as hell when he urinates standing up and his conscience would never rest until he confesses the taboo or atones for his mistake.

So quit thinking some guardian angel is sending you emails through your conscience.
Re: Is God To Blame by skydancer: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2009
Interesting narrow minded fella. So you are trying to tell me that those cold hearted thieves who kill and do all sorts of things without the slightest touch of guilt were raised in a community of thieves. And by the way, what is this your sub-conscious? Don't fool yourself. What do you think makes you have misgivings? Why do you think staying silent or meditating is so wonderful? Those feelings that tell you, it will be better if you visit aunt mary first, are they just your sub-conscious givin you standard morally developed instructions
Re: Is God To Blame by dododawa1: 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
God dat created us can use us for his own WILL, GOOD or BAD,he has our soul,I pray for d good will.

(1) (Reply)

Is It An Insult To Call Religion A Scam? / Where Did London’s Majority White Church Population Go? / One Big Misconception About Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.