Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,749 members, 7,831,395 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble (13978 Views)

CBN Forex Reforms Cripple BDC Operations / Inflation Continues To Cool In June / Guinness Nigeria Gets Diageo Loan To Help With Currency Shortages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by repogirl(f): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2016
He is doing a very good job indeed!
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by holicalpha(m): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2016
Abrahamtaylour:
guy your battery de 65% oh. You're really living large
PERKS OF HAVING A POWER BANK,A LAPPY,DEPOSITING MONEY IN THE BANK,WORKING IN A BUSINESS CENTER..

1 Like

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by emmasege: 9:06am On Apr 07, 2016
I only hope that God will divinely intervene because this Buhari is far more clueless than I thought. Am not disappointed though. Why should I expect much from a senile septugenarian who did nothing to upgrade himself over a 30-year period before his return to power. A man who rarely attended seminars/workshops to give lectures (except may be in Northern Islamic gatherings) and whose world view revolved around Kaduna-Kano-Katsina-Daura can not know much about Nigeria, let alone govern effectively.

4 Likes

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by todayboy: 9:06am On Apr 07, 2016
The problem with buhari is that he is too arrogant and prideful he does not listen to advise
Buhari is thinking he is still in control because of the Yoruba children that eulogies him online
For those of us who liv with the Yorubas in Lagos they will push to the war front and abandon and betray you

5 Likes

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:07am On Apr 07, 2016
it has crippled all human and sky rocked every price in Nigeria...... everything has sky rocked, even the President himself.
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by eazydon(m): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2016
This is a drastic period for Nigeria
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by ooshinibos: 9:09am On Apr 07, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Let's all pray for our country.

No , lets pray for you !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by Amiano(m): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2016
Dis is wat happens wen ur president has F9 in Economics
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by Abrahamtaylour: 9:10am On Apr 07, 2016
holicalpha:
PERKS OF HAVING A POWER BANK,A LAPPY,DEPOSITING MONEY IN THE BANK,WORKING IN A BUSINESS CENTER..

exactly my point
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by chally02(m): 9:10am On Apr 07, 2016
Buhari is still trying to rule Nigeria like an autocratic leader, this is democracy, he must understand that he has political power and there are people who have the economic power(business men), they can make his political power useless like they are doing already.

I understand he want us to start refining our oil which is very good, but he must adopt the principle of step by step approach in doing this. He can't just stop marketers from importing fuel when the refineries we have are not in perfect condition. Its a gradual process that needs commitment and political will.

2 Likes

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by 989900: 9:10am On Apr 07, 2016
Coloured journalism.
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by Balkan(m): 9:11am On Apr 07, 2016
Buhari is a scam

1 Like

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by sugardad1(m): 9:11am On Apr 07, 2016
Mtcheeew

7 Likes

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 07, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
From the article....it is obvious that they want us to devalue....so that forex can flow.

Buharinomics is a bad choice. The problem is...the alternatives are far worse. If we devalue now...we would end up with runaway inflation, severely depreciated naira and suddenly we would be taking high amount of loans to balance the books.

What needs to be done next is simple. We must, as I have said here time after time...become a manufacturing power. I want to see this APC government spend more on generation, and work with the DISCOS and GENCOS to repair our outdated transmission system. I want to see more spending on technical education.I want to see an end to fuel subsidy....because we are just wasting money that could be used for better things, and we do not even have the money to subsidize fuel anyways. We should improve agriculture....by encouraging large scale farming. We should encourage our local industries to stop importing raw materials if they can be sourced in Nigeria. And we must fight corruption....no compromise.

That is what APC must do to leave a glorious legacy.

What you are suggesting here is a long term solution that previous governments have been saying but no one has been able to make a reality. That is a solution to secure the future not a solution for the current mess
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by ozoemenaca: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2016
Its really funny when you still see people arguing in favour of Buhari government when the same person sweat all through the night for lack of power to power his air conditioner, probably same person stood at the bus stop for over two hours waiting for vehicle hence he cannot use his for lack of fuel but you still see them ranting on nairaland with the phone they managed to charge in the office.

1 Like

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by BLWeb: 9:17am On Apr 07, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
From the article....it is obvious that they want us to devalue....so that forex can flow.

Buharinomics is a bad choice. The problem is...the alternatives are far worse. If we devalue now...we would end up with runaway inflation, severely depreciated naira and suddenly we would be taking high amount of loans to balance the books.

What needs to be done next is simple. We must, as I have said here time after time...become a manufacturing power. I want to see this APC government spend more on generation, and work with the DISCOS and GENCOS to repair our outdated transmission system. I want to see more spending on technical education.I want to see an end to fuel subsidy....because we are just wasting money that could be used for better things, and we do not even have the money to subsidize fuel anyways. We should improve agriculture....by encouraging large scale farming. We should encourage our local industries to stop importing raw materials if they can be sourced in Nigeria. And we must fight corruption....no compromise.

Modified: Re loans....if we have to take loans...why not in the form of infrastructure?

Eg...Germany gives us a ''loan''to build a power station that runs on refuse...by building the power plant and providing training and logistics.

Spot on, exactly!

I couldn't agree more.
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by ocelot2006(m): 9:22am On Apr 07, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Modified: Re loans....if we have to take loans...why not in the form of infrastructure?

Eg...Germany gives us a ''loan''to build a power station that runs on refuse...by building the power plant and providing training and logistics.

A few corrections:

1)DISCOS and GENCOS are not responsible for our transmission grid. Thats up to TCN.

2)The massive upgrade and expansion of our grid already began with the last administration and a lot had been done from new substations to building of new lines and steel towers. Also done was the outsourcing of TCN mgt to a major Canadian Utility firm (Manitoba Power) by the GEJ administration.

The onus is now on the PMB administration to build on these.
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The present value of the naira held by banks (199) is false. The real value is in the parallel markets. What they are saying is, allow the currency value to be determined by the laws of f demand and supply, yes. And allow businessmen to handle importation of petrol and sell at their determined price without subsidy, so that government can focus on governance until you build refineries and sell via NNPC at price of your choosing. Stop confusing yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by stonemasonn: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2016
Integrityfarms:
What do you expect from a man who never had a pass in Economics to do for you! When the zombies wanted a Nepa bill certificate holder what more do we have to say?

Change Dole
the problem of Nigeria is beyond a pass in economics. Even you that passed I bet you're clueless about the solution to the current economic crisis.
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by stmezico(m): 9:23am On Apr 07, 2016
many people are confused to the extent that our o called great economists dnt even know the cause of Nigerian problems and the solutions to it anymore.....by next week we will see the outcome of them all...*the distribution of fuel and singing of budget*
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by blackprowler: 9:26am On Apr 07, 2016
...and in all of these, Buhari travels on. Next stop, China. He's the only leader in the world that has conferences to attend. Planes do have issues too you know, and better people than him from better countries than Nigeria have been involved
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by chinuz(m): 9:27am On Apr 07, 2016
Its unbelievable pple still defend this situation and keep blaming last admin after close to a year.
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by Integrityfarms(m): 9:28am On Apr 07, 2016
stonemasonn:
the problem of Nigeria is beyond a pass in economics. Even you that passed I bet you're clueless about the solution to the current economic crisis.

I ain't! But the government who claims they no it all, how far
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by coolbis: 9:28am On Apr 07, 2016
enlightenedmind:
Let's be clear. FX is not crippling Nigeria it is crippling d dollar. Fuel has never been sold at the right price in did country bcoz PDP looters collect bribes from Western countries to use us milking cows. Don't know about light by I happy for the FX and Fuel. We must refine our own feul even if we have suffer we must refine it then sell.
nigerians have very short memory, we all have forgotten that this crisis started first quarter of 2015 where NOI stated categorically that we needed to tighten our belt cos nigeria is not making as much as it made the last 4 years. As a matter of fact in one of the interviews granted to the newsmen,NOI admitted that the government had to borrow to pay January and February salary. It was within this period that the govt of PDP could not pay the subsidy owed the fuel marketer, thereby leaving behind long fuel queues and backlog of fuel subsidy running into hundreds of billions of naira. This present govt on assumption of office had to battle with all these mess and was able to bring sanity after paying the backlog.
If the problem the foreign investors have is devaluation of our currency, then they should look for other investment destinations, devaluation of our currency in the past has done us no good, so I stand by Mr president on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by Apollux(m): 9:29am On Apr 07, 2016
Amya:
What an adult sees sitting down, a kid can't see standing up.
Nice. I had to check the date to be sure what you said was like almost 2years ago. U really deserve some serious credits. But btw r u sure u aint a prophet? grin

1 Like

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by blackprowler: 9:31am On Apr 07, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Let's all pray for our country.

To obviate vicious attacks on you, if you have nothing to say, please pass. If you have any brain in your skull you would have realised that we got here because people like you have been praying all these years and leaving things unattended. People who don't pray in other countries are the ones we're running to for help. I can't believe I share an identity with these clueless people of this country
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by tete7000(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2016
neocortex:

I doubt if you understand what you posted.

Isn't it ironic that the same western country
is where Buhari is going to beg for loans.

The fuel we are currently using please is it being refined in Nigeria ?

You mind the illiterate zombie. Anytime, a rational argument is put forward, they jump and say the western nations plan to enslave. They and their leaders are bunch of paranoid people who live in constant fear of someone planning to hurt them. Paralysis from fear won't allow them act rationally.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by teemy(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2016
time and time again foreign media has been singing the devaluation song but with things on ground it could end up negative. foreign loans would become harsher and fuel price would be golden. outright ban on locally available materials could help.
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by petkoffdrake2(m): 9:36am On Apr 07, 2016
amaechi1:

I wish others will understand the way you do. They have turned their eyes away from the reality that we import virtually every thing we need. Oil is the main source of our forex.

But price then was OK compared to now....

Can u compare then and now?? Hardship now is very very unbearable....

Leave it d way PDP handled it .... Is it too much to ask?

2 Likes

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by Enyimbamercedes: 9:38am On Apr 07, 2016
enlightenedmind:
Let's be clear. FX is not crippling Nigeria it is crippling d dollar. Fuel has never been sold at the right price in did country bcoz PDP looters collect bribes from Western countries to use us milking cows. Don't know about light by I happy for the FX and Fuel. We must refine our own feul even if we have suffer we must refine it then sell.
Reminds me of the article on how to criticize the present government. Always start of with blaming PDP...I would be able to address your comment if i understood half of what you said but honestly i do not. How do you refine your fuel without...wait for it...functional REFINERIES? I agree on fuel not selling at the right price but i don't know what that has to do with bribes from the western countries. You may wish to recall that the PDP-led government attempted to sell fuel at the right price by removing subsidies but we all cried out and occupied the streets...now you wail that they collected bribes. Now listen, for as long as we import and we have FX restrictions, we will always be exposed to shortages. For as long as we fix prices and subsidize, the sector will never grow. No refineries will be built and we won't be able to refine and sell.

1 Like

Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by petkoffdrake2(m): 9:40am On Apr 07, 2016
PasNet:

Good response..... but I need to question your administrative sense........ What happens to the "one-step-at-a-time" principle that negates "putting all your eggs in a basket"?

It is only not professional, it is also a wicked act for an administrator to want to restructure the administrations key component all at a single time, there are technical process to approach things. I can never shut down business operation of my clients all in the name of carrying out a maintenance or a troubleshoot, they will loss money and I won't get paid. If I will have to do that in worst case scenario, it means the client is spending money and not making money. Same thing applies to running a country, infact serious caution must come to play.

U need to b GEJ special adviser I swear! U nailed it! Thumbs up! cool
Re: Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble by igwegeorgiano(m): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2016
prayers for nigeria in distress. fellow nairanders pls pray along with me. Ogun the god of thunder shall strike every corrupt leaders both past and present who deliberately caused and still causing pains for his fellow country men. the osun river and all other rivers shall swallow all that they have acquired through corrupt means. every sins our polithievescians are committing against the masses will never go unpunished. as nigeria is still sleeping due to overdoze of corruptinum pills she was injected with, may she rise again like the dry bones did and take her place in the comity of great and developed nations of the world. amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips On Starting A Small Scale Supermarket / BUA Cement Lists 33.86 Billion Shares On NSE, Now Third Largest Listed Company / Opportunities In Mechanized Sheabutter Extraction & Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.