Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,300 members, 7,857,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy (20943 Views)

I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura / Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap / Buhari Moves To Remove Fuel Subsidy, Begins Consultation With NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by 100Cents: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
The most important point she raised here is that during the 2008 oil price crash, the fact that she/OBJ/Yaradua had savings of up to $22bn in ECA, Nigeria didnt feel the heat of the oil price crash in 2008.

But under GEJ, governors forced the hands of GEJ until he shared the ECA funds. The question I have however is, the FG's share in the ECA fund was over 50%, so did the governors also force GEJ/NOI to spend the over $11bn which was the FG's share?

Much of it must have gone into procuring ammunition to fight Boko.

This ECA is the singular failure of the past administration
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by drss(m): 9:51am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Stop your propaganda.
The governors took the Federal government to court insisting our savings be shared, same can happen in this administration.
no mind d zombie. selective amnesia dey worry am.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by 100Cents: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2016
TheFreeOne:

So much insincerity and selfishness on the part of government(state & federal). How can sane human beings be against saving for a rainy day?

I won't be surprised its the likes of Aregbesola, Oshiomole e.t.c that were at the forefront of campaign to share ECA. And today most states have gone bankrupt due to incompetency, wastefulness and shortsightedness of their governors.

Amaechi was the chairman of the governors forum.

That was where his loggerheads with GEJ started. He was seeing GEJ as his mate.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2016
TheFreeOne:

So much insincerity and selfishness on the part of government(state & federal). How can sane human beings be against saving for a rainy day?

I won't be surprised its the likes of Aregbesola, Oshiomole e.t.c that were at the forefront of campaign to share ECA. And today most states have gone bankrupt due to incompetency, wastefulness and shortsightedness of their governors.
I still remember vividly how Aregbesola, Adams Oshomole and Amaechi insulted GEJ everyday, forcing him to share the funds in the Excess Crude Account. Now this government must suffer the action of these 3 APC governors.

Karma is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by 100Cents: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:
She has indirectly exposed the cluelessness,incompetence and lack of political will of her Boss IB, to lead Nigeria.

Are the Governors more powerful than the C-in-C? You saved some money used during economic meltdown under OBJ because he has the political will to take control of the affairs.

We voted Buhari cos we know he has the political will to fight whoever the cabal might be that has been slowing down our development.....

Shey Buarri can fight cabal ?

Why did he remove subsidy and re-introduce subsidy again ?

I am not supporting the sharing of the ECA funds though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by EastanPower(m): 9:54am On Apr 07, 2016
fulanimafia:

[s]Are you just being silly or did you not see where Jonathan was fingered_ as being responsible for not providing adequate leadership? Less emotion and more reasoning will save you from ridiculing yourself in the future[/s].

Leave Ngozi out of your shiit, that's all I am saying.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by 100Cents: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2016
fulanimafia:

You lost the plot, the context of the question escaped you.

The question was asked in query of the earlier statement that the ECA was shared as a result of the governors going to court.

If you still can't comprehend, stop trying.

Sharing is sharing. Once shared, it is spent..

It has left the account.

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by TheFreeOne: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
I still remember vividly how Aregbesola, Adams Oshomole and Amaechi insulted GEJ everyday, forcing him to share the funds in the Excess Crude Account. Now this government must suffer the action of these 3 APC governors.

Karma is real.

100Cents:

Amaechi was the chairman of the governors forum.

That was where his loggerheads with GEJ started. He was seeing GEJ as his mate.

And these corrupt incompetent loudmouths are Buhari yes-men. It says much about his integrity.

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by LadyExcellency: 10:06am On Apr 07, 2016
fulanimafia:
Blame game from Madam best economy on paper.

If not for the timid, ineffectual, incompetent and clueless president, how can ordinary governors hold a President and commander in chief to ransom, was he such a dullard to not know the effect of wasting oil savings when oil prices were high, especially when NOI herself had warned that the oil prices would soon crash and Nigeria would be broke? Is that not why Nigerians are suffering today?

Do you just post comments without taking due diligence to the constitution and legality of such a policy no-matter how good the intentions are? I'm not surprise, your background supports dictatorship.

The Governors were right that it was unconstitutional to save and their total rejection to savings wouldn't allow them support any amendment to that effect.

Hatred and tribalism beclouded Nigerians into accepting less and an unrepentant coupist and dictator as President.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by obailala(m): 10:10am On Apr 07, 2016
100Cents:

Shey Buarri can fight cabal ?

Why did he remove subsidy and re-introduce subsidy again ?

I am not supporting the sharing of the ECA funds though.
Subsidy has never been removed. As long as government still fixes oil prices, subsidy is still in place. The landing cost of petrol fell below the govt fixed price (N86.5) so there was no need to pay subsidy and the govt collected the excess cash. Today the landing cost has risen above the fixed price so the government is paying the excess (subsidy).

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by ckmayoca: 10:19am On Apr 07, 2016
JingoOAU:
You mean your mum was kidnapped so that you could resign??

That is a very expensive lie...kidnappers you paid millions of naira, how can they be interested in your resignation...it doesn't add up...if they had really wanted you to resign, it's either you resign or they kill your mother

You and your president were unwise not to have the confidence of your PDP dominated governor's forum. It means PDP governors and Jonathan as at then we're playing cat and mouse...

Hmm good aanalyst. Are you r kidnapper, killer or robber to knw if she doesn't comply, her mom would be killed.

Do u ever think that a deal that involves more than one person isn't a secret anymore?
And can be opened anytime in future? So killing someone might escalad and names will start flowing. My explanation is off the topic oh, just pointing light on ur statement ni.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by fulanimafia: 10:25am On Apr 07, 2016
EastanPower:

Leave Ngozi out of your shiit, that's all I am saying.

Ngozi is neck deep in it. Her signed request for authorization to disburse unappropriated security funds to Jonathan is still fresh in our memory.

Her silence while our treasury was being bled by Dasuki, Jonathan et al. makes her complicit.

5 Likes

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by HzRF(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2016
fulanimafia:

If not for the timid, ineffectual, incompetent and clueless president, how can ordinary governors hold a President and commander in chief to ransom, was he such a dullard to not know the effect of wasting oil savings when oil prices were high, especially when NOI herself had warned that the oil prices would soon crash and Nigeria would be broke? Is that not why Nigerians are suffering today?

Governors fault indeed. It's like saying El Rufai or Fayose can force Buhari to share the money saved from the TSA. Impossible.

Thank God we got rid of you and Don Clueless Ineffectuanto.
Ignoramus

Buhari willingly bail the states out?

Continue to delude ursef that ur emperor Buhari can't be forced

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by OPCYOUTH: 11:29am On Apr 07, 2016
Mummy please come back we are missing you.

PMB has destroyed our economy.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by flokii: 11:33am On Apr 07, 2016
buh Wailers are saying otherwise...

like they don't even knw what 'subsidy' is

who we go believe now?

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by steppin: 11:35am On Apr 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:
She has indirectly exposed the cluelessness,incompetence and lack of political will of her Boss IB, to lead Nigeria.

Are the Governors more powerful than the C-in-C? You saved some money used during economic meltdown under OBJ because he has the political will to take control of the affairs.

We voted Buhari cos we know he has the political will to fight whoever the cabal might be that has been slowing down our development.....
Congo, the governors went to court. Do you think Gej is like the Dullard who neglects and defiles court judgements?
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 07, 2016
politricks:
Did they mention buhari in the post or was he chasing you in your dreams?
......Abeg for get about the WAILER just hand him his daily Wailing meal ! grin grin grin

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Kenturkey048(m): 11:38am On Apr 07, 2016
Goldencollins:
ThankGod they didn't kidnap u Madam,but Buhari must suffer for making Nigerians go through this kind of pain and hardship.
am sure u wer Among those pple that chanted sAi baba...

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by ATERI(m): 11:38am On Apr 07, 2016
Oh, oh!! What was she expecting?
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by flokii: 11:39am On Apr 07, 2016
OPCYOUTH:
Mummy please come back we are missing you.

PMB has destroyed our economy.

LWKMD grin

you and who is missing ur mummy?.. who ur mummy help

btw.. OPC dey diff. from IPOD.. why hide ur real identity?

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by zubby55(m): 11:40am On Apr 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:

u mean buhari can stop the cabals and yet we dnt have fuel ....who do u think that cause this fuel scarcity we are facing now

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by sonature1: 11:42am On Apr 07, 2016
seunmsg:

"Speaking to dwindling oil prices, Okonjo-Iweala said state governors did not allow Jonathan save for the rainy day, yet they are the ones complaining today"

She has been saying this since she left office. The only simple question she still can't answer is, where is the savings from federal governments share of the allocation?

If state governments refused to cooperate with the federal government to save from the federation account, why can't the federal government save from its own share if it consider saving a priority.

Huge savings were made during OBJ's tenure irrespective of whether the governors like it or not. Heaping the blame on governors is very irresponsible of her. The blame for not saving in a period of boom goes to her, Jonathan and the governors equally.

I'll ans you: GEJ said it was pumped into railway design and restructuring

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by yomz1e(m): 11:43am On Apr 07, 2016
which article are you reading? was Buhari around during her tenure? how did Buhari cause this hardship that was already in existence?

Goldencollins:
ThankGod they didn't kidnap u Madam,but Buhari must suffer for making Nigerians go through this kind of pain and hardship.

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Deen77: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2016
Goldencollins:

Can't you read before comment.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by holyfather(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2016
fulanimafia:

Governors fault indeed. It's like saying El Rufai or Fayose can force Buhari to share the money saved from the TSA. Impossible.

Thank God we got rid of you and Don Clueless Ineffectuanto.

It's people like you that wouldn't let him be while in office not minding the forces he had to contend with in order to make things happen.
You succeeded in mobbing him out of office and now turn around and blame him. (call me wailler and drop dead)
Please show your face, take up a public office and show us how well you can perform with your know-it-all brains. Or you think you're smarter because you sit in the comfort of your home and run your fingers on your laptop or whatever keypad.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by AfroKnight: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2016
Rubbish. Everything is now twisted to score political points. Kidnappers wey dey hustle money don turn political opponents.

2 Likes

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by just2okworld(f): 11:45am On Apr 07, 2016
it is well
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Deen77: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2016
zubby55:
u mean buhari can stop the cabals and yet we dnt have fuel ....who do u think that cause this fuel scarcity we are facing now

Where is your brain?, please use it.

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Deen77: 11:46am On Apr 07, 2016
woodcook:
I may not be privy to truth about what happened behind the scene during GEJ tenure but one thing I know for sure from day one NOI presence was felt.

In the present administration I not sure if we have a finance minister, not even a bleep from her with all the uncertainty and hardship in the land. At least she should update Nigerians on what they are doing or planning to do to solve the current economic woes. I dont know when CBN governor and Lai Mohammed became finance ministers.

I tire for naija.
Do you read or you don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by bayulll011(m): 11:47am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Stop your propaganda.
The governors took the Federal government to court insisting our savings be shared, same can happen in this administration.

The way some of you use the word propaganda,one would think you are a new babe ready to pick any language,what is the propaganda in what he mentions,are they not mare fact.jonadumb was weak and they knows it,anyway am giving buhari sometimes to perform if not ......

2 Likes

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by 2sydoflyf(m): 11:47am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Stop your propaganda.
It can happen nw because baba will not respect court orders.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by ijustdey: 11:48am On Apr 07, 2016
Goke7:
Indirectly madam NOI has indicted herself for the problems we have today, the excuses she is giving is what kemi adeosun too can come up with in some years time. Our public officials must accept responsibility for their failures and successes the way many are expecting PMB and his aides to accept responsibility.

If a cabal is too strong for you to operate, its better to resign, blaming them afterwards is cowardice.

This applies to both PDP and APC.

best comment with an unbiased opinion so far

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian By Birth: A Dissection Of Atiku's Citizenship / Why Tinubu Should Pick Christians As Chief Of Staff And SGF - Nuhu Ibrahim Bunu / APC Explains Why Tinubu’s Meeting With Biden Was Cancelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.