Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,576 members, 7,843,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy (20924 Views)

I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura / Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap / Buhari Moves To Remove Fuel Subsidy, Begins Consultation With NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by holyfather(m): 11:48am On Apr 07, 2016
steppin:

Congo, the governors went to court. Do you think Gej is like the Dullard who neglects and defiles court judgements?
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by shamecurls(m): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=fulanimafia post=44478840]Blame game from Madam best economy on paper.

If not for the timid, ineffectual, incompetent and clueless president, how can ordinary governors hold a President and commander in chief to ransom, was he such a dullard to not know the effect of wasting oil savings when oil prices were high, especially when NOI herself had warned that the oil prices would soon crash and Nigeria would be broke? Is that not why Nigerians are suffering today?

Governors fault indeed. It's like saying El Rufai or Fayose can force Buhari to share the money saved from the TSA. Impossible.

Thank God we got rid of you and Don Clueless Ineffectuanto.[/quote
]

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by defash8: 11:51am On Apr 07, 2016
I will agree to some extent, the same governors however cornered Buhari with bailout but yet we did not noticed the different. Our governors are always the problem.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 07, 2016
ochilikoko:
there may be truth in the assertion. She is the only person to narrate her ordeals as a minister of petroleum. Remember when Buhari was in opposition,he never believed that un-easy lies the head that bears the crown but see how his Government has turned out to be. Frustrations every where
Was she the minister of petroleun in your room or where?....All you know how to do is to jump ans cheer any news againt President Buhari...hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by dragunov: 11:54am On Apr 07, 2016
Goldencollins:
ThankGod they didn't kidnap u Madam,but Buhari must suffer for making Nigerians go through this kind of pain and hardship.
What is this you have written goldplatedcollins? How does this concern Buhari? She didn't even mention this present administration.

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by kuuljay(m): 11:55am On Apr 07, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
I still remember vividly how Aregbesola, Adams Oshomole and Amaechi insulted GEJ everyday, forcing him to share the funds in the Excess Crude Account. Now this government must suffer the action of these 3 APC governors.

Karma is real.
who is suffering, nigerians or them? The way some people reason eh??
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Stop your propaganda.
The governors took the Federal government to court insisting our savings be shared, same can happen in this administration.
the oloriburuku, were, slowpoke Amaechi and other 35 governors made NOI and GEJ not to save for the raining days... But wait O; what happened to the 60% that was accrued to the federal government? O Amaechi and co also forced them not to save out of it or wetin.. Those governors must really be crazy. Imagine because Amaechi and others forced NOI and GEJ not to save out of the 60% accrued to the federal government they had to borrow almost 500 billion to pay salary... Wicked governors

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by poiZon: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2016
fulanimafia:
Blame game from Madam best economy on paper.

If not for the timid, ineffectual, incompetent and clueless president, how can ordinary governors hold a President and commander in chief to ransom, was he such a dullard to not know the effect of wasting oil savings when oil prices were high, especially when NOI herself had warned that the oil prices would soon crash and Nigeria would be broke? Is that not why Nigerians are suffering today?

Governors fault indeed. It's like saying El Rufai or Fayose can force Buhari to share the money saved from the TSA. Impossible.

Thank God we got rid of you and Don Clueless Ineffectuanto.

go school u no gree go. see as u dey embarass urself for public forum.
TSA is strictly federal govt affair for now, na only govt agencies, ministries, n parastatals dey involve. wetin consain states with TSA?
n u said governors dont hv powers compare to presidential powers, its like u dont really know d system of govt we practice in naija, again u still need to go back to school.
without states can a president win?
imagine if buhari won his state n other states had their own candidates, u think say buhari for win?
that is why no president can probe a state govr esp if ur eyes is on reelection or u hv someone in mind to succeed u.
go back n check d conteibutions of thos 5pdpgovrs did in the last election u will know what states r.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by shamecurls(m): 11:58am On Apr 07, 2016
NOI made us to believe on paper that we had the strongest economy in Africa while we were struggling to survive and now she has the effrontery to still talk.

The truth remains that she was the sole machinery for all the corrupt practices under GEJ and she shud stop giving us another statement on paper.

Would she have said so of GEJ was in power? NO!

4 Likes

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by eLcastro(m): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
The most important point she raised here is that during the 2008 oil price crash, the fact that she/OBJ/Yaradua had savings of up to $22bn in ECA, Nigeria didnt feel the heat of the oil price crash in 2008.

But under GEJ, governors forced the hands of GEJ until he shared the ECA funds. The question I have however is, the FG's share in the ECA fund was over 50%, so did the governors also force GEJ/NOI to spend the over $11bn which was the FG's share?
nice point.,but when you remember hw much security vote was taking away...u will be shocked....now am not say GEJ/NOI was the best or will be the best Nigeria will ever see...but best believe that team really had good objectives...they were jus nt political enough
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by mikolo80: 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
woodcook:
I may not be privy to truth about what happened behind the scene during GEJ tenure but one thing I know for sure from day one NOI presence was felt.

In the present administration I not sure if we have a finance minister, not even a bleep from her with all the uncertainty and hardship in the land. At least she should update Nigerians on what they are doing or planning to do to solve the current economic woes. I dont know when CBN governor and Lai Mohammed became finance ministers.

I tire for naija.
I weep for my country. see the way graduate is reasoning. is it the job of finance minister to think for the president.. abi her own is to account for collected money and share to states and ministries.is it your accountant that strategies how your business will go or how you run your home
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Lawalemi(m): 12:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
I love this woman for the fact that she does not talk petty inspite of the multitude of attacks she had received.

Ordinarily, I expected her remarks to be that Nigerians are difficult people to lead
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by obailala(m): 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
eLcastro:
nice point.,but when you remember hw much security vote was taking away...u will be shocked....now am not say GEJ/NOI was the best or will be the best Nigeria will ever see...but best believe that team really had good objectives...they were jus nt political enough
NOI's ideas were overridden by the dubious plans of the hawks that GEJ surrounded himself with.

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by fulanimafia: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
poiZon:

go school u no gree go. see as u dey embarass urself for public forum.
TSA is strictly federal govt affair for now, na only govt agencies, ministries, n parastatals dey involve. wetin consain states with TSA?
n u said governors dont hv powers compare to presidential powers, its like u dont really know d system of govt we practice in naija, again u still need to go back to school.
without states can a president win?
imagine if buhari won his state n other states had their own candidates, u think say buhari for win?
that is why no president can probe a state govr esp if ur eyes is on reelection or u hv someone in mind to succeed u.
go back n check d conteibutions of thos 5pdpgovrs did in the last election u will know what states r.

The TSA reference was merely an analogy.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by poiZon: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
seunmsg:

"Speaking to dwindling oil prices, Okonjo-Iweala said state governors did not allow Jonathan save for the rainy day, yet they are the ones complaining today"

She has been saying this since she left office. The only simple question she still can't answer is, where is the savings from federal governments share of the allocation?

If state governments refused to cooperate with the federal government to save from the federation account, why can't the federal government save from its own share if it consider saving a priority.

Huge savings were made during OBJ's tenure irrespective of whether the governors like it or not. Heaping the blame on governors is very irresponsible of her. The blame for not saving in a period of boom goes to her, Jonathan and the governors equally.

this is what happen, I will try to be a bit elementary.
in every yr the fed govt come up with crude price benchmark and possible barrels that will be produced everyday.
if the benchmark is 50dollars per barrel, n oil price that period is 60, by right 10dolls suppose to go to excess crude acct as savings, but in naija excess crude is being shared to states n federal govt. cos am aware my state did use to collect excess crude money every quarter.
now the other money generated from the targeted price is being shared amongst states n federal govt as allocation every months. dont also forget fed govt base thier budget every yr thru this price bench mark. so how will u save when ur targeted earnings is below ur budget?
u only save when ur targeting earnings is above ur budget for that fiscal yr.
if u want to really know why fed govt didnt save, go back n check the benchmark for crude in those four yrs, check their targeted earnings, the budget for those four yrs n lets make good judgment on it.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by DaBullIT(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
No Subsidy on Petrol, Insists PPPRA | THISDAYLIVE

100Cents:

Shey Buarri can fight cabal ?

Why did he remove subsidy and re-introduce subsidy again ?

I am not supporting the sharing of the ECA funds though.

Learn How to lie
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Reference(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
4reala:
This one na lie from d pit of hell o

Which lie. We were all here. Amaechi was the cheer leader. The Fashola group initially saw reason but politics crept in and they all baulked saying 'wetin be excess crude. They should give us jare after-all people, majority of Nigerians live in states'. They played politics with the economy, gambled and won the battles of popularity but are now losing the war of reputation. I have no regrets. Nigerians, indeed the black man is condemned to always learn the hard way. Enjoy.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by just2endowed: 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
4reala:

you are the one lying....didnt the state governors attack her for saving
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Keegan: 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
EastanPower:

You sound foolish because you still cannot see that Jonathan was to blame because he was the GCFR and not Ngozi.

Jonathan did not provide the necessary cover Ngozi needed to do a good job. Ngozi worked under Obasanjo and she did very well; Obasanjo left a lot of money in the reserve. Ngozi is intelligent and worth her onion; the problem was lack of proper leadership from the presidency.

You guys should leave Ngozi alone; a president takes the blame for anything that happens in his government just like Buhari isbeing blamed for all the sufferings now.

You and your likes from the southeast are the biggest fool for shielding noi anytime any day as if she can never go wrong. Now the blame is gej's and we should leave ngozi alone.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by diegwu01: 12:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
100Cents:

Amaechi was the chairman of the governors forum.

That was where his loggerheads with GEJ started. He was seeing GEJ as his mate.
The FG led by GEJ was dipping its sticky corrupt fingers into the ECA meant for the FG and States with no accountability,
the NGF headed by Amaechi at the time warned against it severally without success, an agreement was reached by the Nigeria Governors Forum to compel the FG share the monies in the ECA so the FG could dip it fingers to only its share..

GEJ and RCA they cant be mates, Amaechi is far wiser and intelligent, He slaughtered GEJ in March 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by eLcastro(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
NOI's ideas were overridden by the dubious plans of the hawks that GEJ surrounded himself with.
am #teamGEJ all day.,my logic is this.,GEJ never planned presidency for a minute...so when you say hawks he surrounded himself with.,i disagree...he's entire team wasn't his.,they were chosen for him...he just had to work with them.,why you think he won the 1st nd lost the 2nd...cause he was on a cause of pickin his team...#bestBelieve....same thing happenin to Pmb.,if he had won with cpc u knw d ministerial appointment would've been diff.,thats just a point...cause for one that planned presidency for a 12yrs u will agree this is nt it....my point is.,9ja cabals no easy grin grin
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by just2endowed: 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Goke7:
Indirectly madam NOI has indicted herself for the problems we have today, the excuses she is giving is what kemi adeosun too can come up with in some years time. Our public officials must accept responsibility for their failures and successes the way many are expecting PMB and his aides to accept responsibility.

If a cabal is too strong for you to operate, its better to resign, blaming them afterwards is cowardice.

This applies to both PDP and APC.

dude what did the constitution says about stste resources? mind u, the constitution does not provide framework for saving in rainy days and the lawmakers never deem it fit to amend it to provide for raining days. the governors were right to demand it be share legally

1 Like

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by innocentchuks(m): 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
4reala:

How do you mean, are you not in Nigeria when her mother was kidnap or are u not in Nigeria during the subsidy protest, are not also in Nigeria when Amaechi lead other governors and demanded the share of excess crude oil money and Sue the federal government to court. Why are Nigerian this gullible and foolish.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Ovie56(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Stop your propaganda.
The governors took the Federal government to court insisting our savings be shared, same can happen in this administration.
see when God start blessing you ehh you will be overwhelmed I pray you continue to grow in wisdom what their zombie spirit will do us in this country ..the mess will remain forever.. For example look at this mess we're in now,it hasn't been this hard since I was born

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
AUNTY PLS TELL US ANODA STOWY!..u dont luv nig to d extent of gambling with ur precious mum's life & why didnt guv'nors force obj to share ECA?..mtchew! 2nd bazz jare...
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by 36STATES: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
Judas Rotimi Amechi was the leader of that gang of governors that were shouting "we need our money now".
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by EastanPower(m): 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
Keegan:

[s]You and your likes from the southeast are the biggest fool for shielding noi anytime any day as if she can never go wrong. Now the blame is gej's and we should leave ngozi alone. [/s]

Frustrated and wandering beast, face your front.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by waziri4biz: 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
The most important point she raised here is that during the 2008 oil price crash, the fact that she/OBJ/Yaradua had savings of up to $22bn in ECA, Nigeria didnt feel the heat of the oil price crash in 2008.
Are u not aware Okojo Iweala challenged Buhari that there was 30billion dollars in the excess crude account when Jonathan left office when buhari said there was nothing in the account why did Buhari not deny.Buhari is only trying to destroy the Opposition by giving them a bad Image.Buhari is a hypocrite
But under GEJ, governors forced the hands of GEJ until he shared the ECA funds. The question I have however is, the FG's share in the ECA fund was over 50%, so did the governors also force GEJ/NOI to spend the over $11bn which was the FG's share?
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by arsenal33: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
okonjo playing the victim, while smiling all the way to the bank.
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by carboblanko(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Stop your propaganda.
Correct. But the question still remains: what happened to the Federal Government's share of the savings?
Re: Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Keegan: 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
EastanPower:

Frustrated and wandering beast, face your front.
Eastanpowerless we understand you more than yourself. Cry me a lagoon!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arms Scandal : Panel Submits Final Report , Indicts Top FG Officials / Boko Haram: Parents Storm GGTC Dapchi, Yobe To Know Whereabouts Of Children / Sowore To Remain In DSS Custody, Court Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.